+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Feedback

Re: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Would you sing "I'd rather wear a turban than a rose"?
    I'd have no idea how to wear a rose. how do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I'd have no idea how to wear a rose. how do you do that?
    Clipped on like a corsage.

But would you sing it?

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    But the turban, is random?
    who knows.
    Look mate don't f**king try it with on me, that's the f**king slickest thing I've read in a while.

Feedback

Amazing. You therefore can chant racism but not be racist.

F***ing hell mate.
    I said people sing all sorts of songs without giving it too much thought about what they are actually singing.

Feedback

Clipped on like a corsage.

But would you sing it?
    my days of singing at the football are long gone.

I remember being in the away end down the Vetch as a 16 year old , straight off the train

The song I'd rather be black than a Swansea Jack was sung by about 20 lads to our right , a black guy said s t f u , that's racist

At the time I thought naaa but it's the same sort of song .......Swansea people are soo low in society that I would rather be black ! than come from Swansea

Both are clearly using racial groups to mock other fans and are therefore not acceptable

There can be no argument

I said people sing all sorts of songs without giving it too much thought about what they are actually singing.
    That's irrelevant. No one is accusing everyone singing it of being racist, we are saying the song is racist.

And in the case of racist songs are therefore f**king racist!

Feedback

That's irrelevant. No one is accusing everyone singing it of being racist, we are saying the song is racist.
    Gabbs is

who knows. if this song ever does rear its head when watching the city, why not ask those singing it what it means to them. I reckon most if not all hadn't really given it that much thought as to what they are singing.
    So they are thoughtless

Or racist

Gabbs is
    Abso f**king lutely.

You have to be a special sort of stupid to not accept that should those sort of missives fly from your lips you ****ing created a racist act with that action, and by that you are indeed racist.

Right enough of this I'm off to listen to some Public Enemy

Feedback

Abso f**king lutely.

You have to be a special sort of stupid to not accept that should those sort of missives fly from your lips you ****ing created a racist act with that action, and by that you are indeed racist.
    but Croesyblue does not, which goes to show just how opinions vary on the subject.

we got there in the end

Right enough of this I'm off to listen to some Public Enemy
    Bring the noise !

but Croesyblue does not, which goes to show just how opinions vary on the subject.

we got there in the end
    I'm aware my opinion may differ to those who wish to apply some sort of sympathetic reasoning behind why some may do it but not be racist - they will turn to that some people are just not switched on enough - too stupid for it to sink in, unknowingly racist so to speak.

I'd say save for true mental illness this is no excuse - a racist is a racist knowingly or not, and in reality stupidity/lack of though is often rested upon cutely by those looking to justify such chants place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bring the noise !

This thread is unbelievable, one man make himself look a bit silly about misunderstanding the target of a song, then instead of holding his hands and laughing at himself about it spends the next 9 pages twisting himself in knots defending a song that is quite clearly racist even though he himself is not. There's some absolutely mad ones on this board

I'll ask again, why would a hindu be upset over a song about a turban?
    *sighs* I don’t think you will EVER understand perspectives beyond your own.

So there is a song mocking a certain type of brown people. And a lot of racists who think Sikhs as “lower” than them would view all brown people as that.

In the past, Sikh communities have been attacked. And same thing has happened to other communities of colour. From a brown perspective: it has happened to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis as well. The term used was “p*** bashing”.

As an Asian, I would feel uncomfortable hearing that chant. I would feel physically unsafe as some racists are violent and racial attacks still happen to this day.

Can’t believe that you have so much mental gymnastics to defend this. Just take a break.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    *sighs* I don’t think you will EVER understand perspectives beyond your own.

So there is a song mocking a certain type of brown people. And a lot of racists who think Sikhs as “lower” than them would view all brown people as that.

In the past, Sikh communities have been attacked. And same thing has happened to other communities of colour. From a brown perspective: it has happened to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis as well. The term used was “p*** bashing”.

As an Asian, I would feel uncomfortable hearing that chant. I would feel physically unsafe as some racists are violent and racial attacks still happen to this day.

Can’t believe that you have so much mental gymnastics to defend this. Just take a break.
    I'm not defending anyone or anything.

and incidentally, is it only brown people who wear turbans?

I'm not defending anyone or anything.

and incidentally, is it only brown people who wear turbans?
    Ah christ

Feedback

Ah christ
    I see. so we have to take the words of the song quite literally, but we can be free and easy with what we mean when we're on a football message board.

I see. so we have to take the words of the song quite literally, but we can be free and easy with what we mean when we're on a football message board.
    Lost me there ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wasn't talking to you

You are a lost cause I am afraid
    You can say things once, you don't have to repeat yourself tens of times in a thread, no matter who you was talking to.

Feedback

Lost me there ?
    Adz said that the song was aimed at brown people. I was asking whether only brown people wear turbans.

Adz said that the song was aimed at brown people. I was asking whether only brown people wear turbans.
    No, but the song is aimed at them. And to pre-empt your next smartypants question, no I haven't asked every person who has ever sung it.