+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flynn....

Flynn....

Will be out next manager.🤗

Re: Flynn....

He’s not even in yet? We need to give him at least 10 games.

League 2 stylee

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    League 2 stylee
    Preparation.

For once the club is preparing for future......

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Will be out next manager.��
    In like Flynn then

Does seem to have a bit of predictability about it.

Brian not Mike hopefully.

Flynn seems to get mentioned purely because he managed a club nearby to us. It is bizarre. They had a couple of good cup games under him but ultimately lost two play off finals and didn't progress to the league below us.

Well, I don't mind being the odd one out. I'm used to it. I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Flynn seems to get mentioned purely because he managed a club nearby to us. It is bizarre. They had a couple of good cup games under him but ultimately lost two play off finals and didn't progress to the league below us.
    Agree, just comes across as the cheap almost easy option. Like when we oddly signed their keeper.

It just reminds me of Harris (who had a better record than Flynn) as in much the fans (or majority) don’t want him but the club know better.

I feel like I’ve predicted the right and wrong choice for managers and when they should have been sacked and feel I’d have been right every time since Dave Jones and I think most fans feel the same with just basic logic. Only one I think I’d have made a mistake on was Malky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Brian not Mike hopefully.
    Or even Errol.

I can see it now, after 3 weeks they come to the conclusion the right choice is Flynn (now the fav)

Reminds me how we all knew it was going to be Harris despite no one wanting him and it still took them weeks.

The problem with taking weeks to appoint a replacement (even though that does make sense), is that we all spend that time reading about all the possibles and getting excited about the prospect of a young, up and coming manager to finally overhaul our style of play.
    Appointing the former manager of our nearest "rivals" from 2 leagues below us after all that would be a huge anticlimax. The next boss needs more support from day 1 than MM had, and I don't think Flynn would.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Tell me how Flynn cost Newport the playoff finals?

I like Flynn, but he doesn't have any Championship experience. I was about to say he doesn't have any experience of a relegation dogfight, but he does. I hope this isn't true - I was really wishing it was the Barry-Murphy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have no idea. I don't watch Newport. He may have been really unlucky but factually speaking, he was manager of two finals and he lost two finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The final v Morecambe is one of the worst football games ive seen in the last 20 years.

Newport garbage. Morecambe well behond that. Newport had a youngish winger causing plenty of problems. He got subbed. Flynns brilliant 41 year old signing though was part of his answer to breaking down a sh!t side.

He shouldnt be near the betting let alone 2nd fav.

The final v Morecambe is one of the worst football games ive seen in the last 20 years.

Newport garbage. Morecambe well behond that. Newport had a youngish winger causing plenty of problems. He got subbed. Flynns brilliant 41 year old signing though was part of his answer to breaking down a sh!t side.

Have to admit, I didn't watch it, but weren't they also on the wrong end of two dreadful refereeing decisions?

Flynn is favourite?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Have to admit, I didn't watch it, but weren't they also on the wrong end of two dreadful refereeing decisions?
    They had a clear penalty denied.

Theirs if I remember was outside the box.

If you cant score in 120 minutes against garbage like Morecambe though you dont deserve promotion. Both sides were utter shite.

I can't say i know much regarding Flynn or Newport but going from what i've been told by Newport fans i have spoken to he's done well under tough circumstances

What cash has Flynn had to spend at Newport? Does he play hoof ball or encourage it to be passed on the floor?

If you cant score in 120 minutes against garbage like Morecambe though you dont deserve promotion. Both sides were utter shite.
    Fair enough.

Earlier today the bookies had Flynn, Jody Morris and Michael Beale at 4/1.

This evening Flynn is 1/2.

Either someone has had a massive bet on Flynn or an announcement is imminent 🤔

Surely watching just the one match, and on TV at that, you can't make a fair call on the way Flynn's Newport sides play. Have you seen them play live? I must have been to about 20 or so matches over the years and they've played some really good football. I get you don't want him but are you really being objective?

Stan asked if his sides play hoofball. I've never seen them play that way. Stan also made the point about the players he's had to work with and the budget. That's valid too, especially being a league 2 side.

I don't know whether he'll cut it with us but I do know I'd prefer him over Harris or McCarthy. I just think if he does get selected, then get behind him. It's like we're on self-destruct as Cardiff fans sometimes. Nothing is good enough and no-one is good enough.

What, for sure, isn't good enough, is eight successive defeats with another one on the cards tomorrow.

I'm not having a go nor am I championing Flynn, but surely we need to look at where we are in the table and that's been as a result of Warnock, Harris & McCarthy. It's not Mike Flynn's fault is it?

Obviously the last question in my post was rhetorical and tongue-in-cheek, just in case anyone's confused!