+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quinton de Kock.

Re: Quinton de Kock.

Well one thing is for sure he doesn't have a free choice as a human to chose if he stands , knees etc , etc In my book that's being forced to do something against ones freewill .

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I don't understand this constant bickering over the knee. People put more energy into this than actually dealing with racial inequality and racism. It's bizarre. It's such a shame.
    Yes, exactly the reason why it is pointless. It allows governing bodies and millionaires within sport to pretend they are dealing with with racial inequality when they simply aren't.

And now the world decides who is racist or not by who performs this gesture, rather than their actions. It is part of the dumbing down of everything around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yes, exactly the reason why it is pointless. It allows governing bodies and millionaires within sport to pretend they are dealing with with racial inequality when they simply aren't.

And now the world decides who is racist or not by who performs this gesture, rather than their actions. It is part of the dumbing down of everything around us.
    So true 👍

Actions speak louder than gestures it's a nice veneer tactic for sport to support they have had decades of injustices to reflect on and fix , In particular football where black players are many, sadly the organisation itself , coaching , managers, referees are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Sorry if that came across wrongly. I wasn't having a go and I'm checking out of this thread now anyway because I've seen some horror shows on the board recently! Life's too short! Anyway, all's good, I'm getting back to the football, work, and watching old videos of horrendous refereeing decisions to still get worked up about decades after the match!

Cardiff City refused to back the multi racial mural in Butetown

When it comes to ticking boxes and not actually doing anything about racism you don't have to look far

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well one thing is for sure he doesn't have a free choice as a human to chose if he stands , knees etc , etc In my book that's being forced to do something against ones freewill .
    the fact is

if he wanted to play for his country, then he had to take the Knee

some will say he wasn't forced to take it ( and of course would not play ), but if he wanted to play for his country he would have to