+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ampadu sent off for a shocking tackle

Ampadu sent off for a shocking tackle

Re: Ampadu sent off for a shocking tackle

Tweet says not overturned by var either. I don't understand.

That's outrageous.
    So this should have been a red card too. https://youtu.be/urmBZszfNXs

If its a foul the he's the last man, but it looked like a good tackle to me. Not that there should have even been a challenge, got himself into a bit of a mess there .

Ampadu has gone backwards in his career. Such a shame, really thought he was going to make the big time. Should never had got his haircut
    Spdger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Ampadu has gone backwards in his career. Such a shame, really thought he was going to make the big time. Should never had got his haircut
    Spdger
    He's 21 and playing regularly in Serie A and for Wales, from when in his career has he gone backwards?

Is it even a foul

If there was no VAR then the ref may be vindicated.

The sending off is just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He's 21 and playing regularly in Serie A and for Wales, from when in his career has he gone backwards?
    Sorry i will correct myself. He is not as good as he once was (yes i know he is only 21). IMO he has slowed down and from where he was a few years ago his form has gone backwards, even for Wales. He was shit at Sheffield United last season in the prem, and his Wales performances seem to have lost that cutting edge. Playing regularly in serie A doesn't mean to say he is playing any better than what he was a few years ago.
    Spedger

Sorry i will correct myself. He is not as good as he once was (yes i know he is only 21). IMO he has slowed down and from where he was a few years ago his form has gone backwards, even for Wales. He was shit at Sheffield United last season in the prem, and his Wales performances seem to have lost that cutting edge. Playing regularly in serie A doesn't mean to say he is playing any better than what he was a few years ago.
    Spedger
    I'm not trying to be an arsehole here so please don't take this like that but how many of his Serie A games have you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not trying to be an arsehole here so please don't take this like that but how many of his Serie A games have you watched?
    And i hope i am not being an arsehole either Delmbox. I don't watch too many Serie A games to be honest. But i have watched Ampadu's standard take a dip over the last few seasons. His loan spells at clubs didn't seem to light up the sky. I have watched nearly all his Wales performances which in total is not far off his total appearances for the clubs he has played for and again IMO his overall game has dipped. And as me and a mate agreed and laughed at, it was after he cut his hair
    Spedger

And i hope i am not being an arsehole either Delmbox. I don't watch too many Serie A games to be honest. But i have watched Ampadu's standard take a dip over the last few seasons. His loan spells at clubs didn't seem to light up the sky. I have watched nearly all his Wales performances which in total is not far off his total appearances for the clubs he has played for and again IMO his overall game has dipped. And as me and a mate agreed and laughed at, it was after he cut his hair
    Spedger
    His performances look to me as they always have done.

A decent top level player and not the messiah that one poster on here made him out to be.

Spdger
    Should have joined us fitted in ell with our squads backwards trajectory.

Spedger
    No you're not at all, I just think people can be too quick to write off young players based on very little evidence. You might be onto something about the hair though

That was a perfectly good tackle, seems strange that the ref almost looked like he was playing on then blew the whistle and got the red card out very quickly! I have a strong suspicion that the player rolling around in absolute agony from that “foul” got up and carried on with the game. It goes on a lot in football but it is blatant cheating

they have VAR in Serie A aswell

I really dont see how that got past it

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    That was a perfectly good tackle, seems strange that the ref almost looked like he was playing on then blew the whistle and got the red card out very quickly! I have a strong suspicion that the player rolling around in absolute agony from that “foul” got up and carried on with the game. It goes on a lot in football but it is blatant cheating
    To be fair it was well known bastion of fair play and honesty Franck Ribery

Can the red card be rescinded?

Terrible position to get himself into but that is nowhere near a red card, not even a freekick.

He's a sending off waiting to happen..can't trust him at all.

The ref seems to allow play to go on for a second or two and then blows for a free kick and issues an immediate red card - odd, unless he was reacting to something he heard in his earpiece. I take on board that what you can get away with when tackling has changed so much in recent years, but I honestly cannot begin to figure out what there was in that incident that made the officials think in terms of a red card.

If it's a foul I can see why a red (last man) but I don't see it as a foul

Ampadu is a liability. I have noticed this when he plays for for Wales, when you can guarantee he'll do something completely stupid at least once during a game. Vaulks got dropped for much less. Shame really, I had high hopes for the lad.

I get deeply suspicious when I see these kind of decisions. Football's a betting game and I start thinking someone's been fed a few too many sausages before the match. I hate thinking it happens because I love football.

Another explanation can be the summary from the Referee's Association: 'If a player uses excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent, it does not matter whether the tackle is from behind, the front, or from the side. Particular emphasis should be placed on the elimination of challenges where a player gives no consideration to the safety and welfare of an opponent. Challenges of this nature must be considered as serious foul play and the offender must be sent off. Brutality must always result in a red card'.

Whatever, it's down to the interpretation of the referee. To me, this one looked OK but was it careless, reckless or excessive? I don't think so.