+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ampadu sent off for a shocking tackle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ampadu sent off for a shocking tackle

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He's 21 and playing regularly in Serie A and for Wales, from when in his career has he gone backwards?
    Sorry i will correct myself. He is not as good as he once was (yes i know he is only 21). IMO he has slowed down and from where he was a few years ago his form has gone backwards, even for Wales. He was shit at Sheffield United last season in the prem, and his Wales performances seem to have lost that cutting edge. Playing regularly in serie A doesn't mean to say he is playing any better than what he was a few years ago.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Sorry i will correct myself. He is not as good as he once was (yes i know he is only 21). IMO he has slowed down and from where he was a few years ago his form has gone backwards, even for Wales. He was shit at Sheffield United last season in the prem, and his Wales performances seem to have lost that cutting edge. Playing regularly in serie A doesn't mean to say he is playing any better than what he was a few years ago.
    Spedger
    I'm not trying to be an arsehole here so please don't take this like that but how many of his Serie A games have you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not trying to be an arsehole here so please don't take this like that but how many of his Serie A games have you watched?
    And i hope i am not being an arsehole either Delmbox. I don't watch too many Serie A games to be honest. But i have watched Ampadu's standard take a dip over the last few seasons. His loan spells at clubs didn't seem to light up the sky. I have watched nearly all his Wales performances which in total is not far off his total appearances for the clubs he has played for and again IMO his overall game has dipped. And as me and a mate agreed and laughed at, it was after he cut his hair
    Spedger

And i hope i am not being an arsehole either Delmbox. I don't watch too many Serie A games to be honest. But i have watched Ampadu's standard take a dip over the last few seasons. His loan spells at clubs didn't seem to light up the sky. I have watched nearly all his Wales performances which in total is not far off his total appearances for the clubs he has played for and again IMO his overall game has dipped. And as me and a mate agreed and laughed at, it was after he cut his hair
    Spedger
    His performances look to me as they always have done.

A decent top level player and not the messiah that one poster on here made him out to be.

Spedger
    No you're not at all, I just think people can be too quick to write off young players based on very little evidence. You might be onto something about the hair though