+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Black History Month - Ali Abdi's story

Black History Month - Ali Abdi's story

Great to see the club involved and supporting Ali Abdi with this. Club are premiering his story tomorrow.

I've been critical of the club, even in touch with them, for not supporting the 'My City, My Shirt' campaign so maybe, just maybe, they are listening.

Ali loves the city and has a compelling life story.... Please tune in.. it's on the official CCFC TV and the club's YouTube channel tomorrow.

Well done city. Better late than never!

Re: Black History Month - Ali Abdi's story

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Great to see the club involved and supporting Ali Abdi with this. Club are premiering his story tomorrow.

I've been critical of the club, even in touch with them, for not supporting the 'My City, My Shirt' campaign so maybe, just maybe, they are listening.

Ali loves the city and has a compelling life story.... Please tune in.. it's on the official CCFC TV and the club's YouTube channel tomorrow.

Aye , hopefully the club and the fans can move forward on this 🙏

Thanks for posting this, I missed this announcement. You'll no doubt remember the discussions on here re. 'My City, My Shirt' and the photos I posted after speaking to Youssef. I walked by the mural a few days ago and had forgotten it had been vandalised with white paint. Although it's horrible to see, it was on the lower part of the mural so it's not as bad as it could have been.

My wife wrote to the club too at the time and as you say, maybe they are listening.

I'm looking forward to watching Ali's story.

Wonderful news. Will be an interesting watch/listen. Always lovely to here the stories of Cardiff from all walks. Glad to hear of the club doing something with Ali.

Hopefully interesting and not the usual box ticking nonsense.