+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flynn....

Re: Flynn....

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Surely watching just the one match, and on TV at that, you can't make a fair call on the way Flynn's Newport sides play. Have you seen them play live? I must have been to about 20 or so matches over the years and they've played some really good football. I get you don't want him but are you really being objective?

Stan asked if his sides play hoofball. I've never seen them play that way. Stan also made the point about the players he's had to work with and the budget. That's valid too, especially being a league 2 side.

I don't know whether he'll cut it with us but I do know I'd prefer him over Harris or McCarthy. I just think if he does get selected, then get behind him. It's like we're on self-destruct as Cardiff fans sometimes. Nothing is good enough and no-one is good enough.

What, for sure, isn't good enough, is eight successive defeats with another one on the cards tomorrow.

I'm not having a go nor am I championing Flynn, but surely we need to look at where we are in the table and that's been as a result of Warnock, Harris & McCarthy. It's not Mike Flynn's fault is it?
    No its not Flynns fault.

I just despair when I see a manager who has just left a L2 club in mid table as 1/2 fav.

If he wasnt at Newport he wouldnt be anywhere near the betting.

Id be seriously pissed off if we appointed Flynn but would hope he could prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Flynn seems to get mentioned purely because he managed a club nearby to us. It is bizarre. They had a couple of good cup games under him but ultimately lost two play off finals and didn't progress to the league below us.
    It's really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Surely watching just the one match, and on TV at that, you can't make a fair call on the way Flynn's Newport sides play. Have you seen them play live? I must have been to about 20 or so matches over the years and they've played some really good football. I get you don't want him but are you really being objective?

Stan asked if his sides play hoofball. I've never seen them play that way. Stan also made the point about the players he's had to work with and the budget. That's valid too, especially being a league 2 side.

I don't know whether he'll cut it with us but I do know I'd prefer him over Harris or McCarthy. I just think if he does get selected, then get behind him. It's like we're on self-destruct as Cardiff fans sometimes. Nothing is good enough and no-one is good enough.

What, for sure, isn't good enough, is eight successive defeats with another one on the cards tomorrow.

I'm not having a go nor am I championing Flynn, but surely we need to look at where we are in the table and that's been as a result of Warnock, Harris & McCarthy. It's not Mike Flynn's fault is it?
    He's not my first choice but he will get my full support for a season or two.. I don't know much about him but i feel he's getting judged because he was at lowly Newport.
    In my opinion it doesn't make him a good or a bad choice for us only time will tell us that.

We're appointing your previous manager
    Newport County

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No its not Flynns fault.

I just despair when I see a manager who has just left a L2 club in mid table as 1/2 fav.

If he wasnt at Newport he wouldnt be anywhere near the betting.

Id be seriously pissed off if we appointed Flynn but would hope he could prove me wrong.
    I feel your despair, I really do. Tuerto mentioned the other day in thread something which resonated with me and it was 'play the ball not the man'. I feel the board is the ball and any manager they appoint is (obviously) the man. I mentioned in another thread about my feelings re. selecting any manager by our board.

But yeah, despair is a good word re. CCFC at the moment. Let's hope we can get something tomorrow because we could all do with a lift!

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He's not my first choice but he will get my full support for a season or two.. I don't know much about him but i feel he's getting judged because he was at lowly Newport.
    In my opinion it doesn't make him a good or a bad choice for us only time will tell us that.
    That's the fairest any of us could be I think Stan

Flynn could do as a stop gap.

Can't make us perform any worse than we've been for the last couple of months.

Trouble is our lot will offer him a two year contract after a couple of wins.

Not seen enough to comment about the football but as a personality he has always seemed like somebody would be perfect with Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I like Flynn, but he doesn't have any Championship experience.
    Does this always matter?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    How else would he be judged? He had an uneventful playing career and has only worked for County since getting his badges. He doesn't have some grand experience at a higher level to be judged on. Let's face it, no-one would care if County were based in the midlands, he had a couple of good cup runs, two failures in the playoffs and a couple of bottom half finishes, there's a good reason he's not odds on at any other champ club so I don't know why we should lower our expectations so much.

Appointing Flynn has similar risks to appointing one of the coaches linked, I'd rather go for the latter.

Russell Slade got a better Managerial record than Flynn and our fanbase were largely furious with his appointment. If Flynn gets the job, I think most of our support will get behind him. Bizarre!