+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Players Needed

New Players Needed

I just hope the new manager has the contacts (and is given the funds) to bring in a couple of talented free agents or loan players in January. Without an injection of quality I can only see us going down, whoever the new manager may be.

Re: New Players Needed

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    I just hope the new manager has the contacts (and is given the funds) to bring in a couple of talented free agents or loan players in January. Without an injection of quality I can only see us going down, whoever the new manager may be.
    The squad isn’t great and massively unbalanced thanks to MM however I think the players are better than they are showing and I think that’s partly down to how MM wanted them to play.

I sense from at least Morrisons interviews that the undertone is they weren’t happy being asked to play how they were. If we can get rid of a couple and hopefully use that to bring in some loans in January.

I think it's been mentioned many times that there will be no cash for the winter or summer windows

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    The squad isn’t great and massively unbalanced thanks to MM however I think the players are better than they are showing and I think that’s partly down to how MM wanted them to play.

I sense from at least Morrisons interviews that the undertone is they weren’t happy being asked to play how they were. If we can get rid of a couple and hopefully use that to bring in some loans in January.
    Who else is there to get rid of? We've already got fewer than 20 outfield players in the first-team squad.

Naive perhaps but for now I'm choosing to interpret that as no money for transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Who else is there to get rid of? We've already got fewer than 20 outfield players in the first-team squad.
    If we could move on a CB for a Winger I think that would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I think it's been mentioned many times that there will be no cash for the winter or summer windows
    Even if we're in the relegation zone come January (or even hovering precariously close)? I don't know, but it doesn't make any sense to me that some cash wouldn't be found from somewhere. I think if an offer comes in for Moore, they'll sell. Or, they already know he's going. I think that could be the only way. It's just a hunch. Even we can't be that stupid not to have a plan B, C etc.

If we hire one of those 'connected' guys, currently overseeing the U23s or Academy at some Premier side, I'm sure we'll be able to borrow a couple of promising midfielders. That's where our problem lies. But if we hire Flynn (as much as I have a great deal of respect for him) our choice of loan signings would be limited.