+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

Re: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?
    Show-off

Re: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I doubt it's the latter to be honest.
    Was going to say the same.

Ole the Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I think I nearly saw him come on as sub once...
    Perhaps in the future, future generations of City fans will listen in awed silence to the story of "How I nearly saw Velakonjar come on as sub once".
    Velikonja was waiting to come on against Bolton in the penultimate home game of our promotion season in 2013 when someone picked up an injury (can't remember who) and Malky had to change the substitution.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Velikonja was waiting to come on against Bolton in the penultimate home game of our promotion season in 2013 when someone picked up an injury (can't remember who) and Malky had to change the substitution.
    Was it superKev that got injured? Hence they had to bring on a defender instead.
    I vaguely remember that a few of the players seemed to be stifling grins at the time; which makes me wonder now if the “attempt” at bringing him on and superKev’s injury was pre-planned.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We don't need a director of football though...
    Because we don't play football

They probably mean Steve Borley.

Only one man comes to mind when I hear a football man with experience
    Eddie Johnson

The one and only Derek Showers

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Was it superKev that got injured? Hence they had to bring on a defender instead.
    I vaguely remember that a few of the players seemed to be stifling grins at the time; which makes me wonder now if the “attempt” at bringing him on and superKev’s injury was pre-planned.
    I think you are right and the substitution was changed to Ben Nugent (the only defender on the bench for that one).

I think you are right and the substitution was changed to Ben Nugent (the only defender on the bench for that one).
    Confirmed: https://www.skysports.com/football/c...n/teams/262348

He came on at Brighton where some of us lucky souls saw a glimpse of his talent

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To be fair, having seen the line-up in the link that jumpersforgoalposts posted, I think we had a very good team without him.

Yes I remember. He almost scored from one of the few touches he had. It was a bit of a goalmouth scramble in front of the City faithful but their keeper almost by accident managed to sit on the ball after Velikonja tried to poke it over the line. Oh what might have been if it had crept in 🤔

Ron Manager? Ted Lasso? Mike Bassett?

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Yes I remember. He almost scored from one of the few touches he had. It was a bit of a goalmouth scramble in front of the City faithful but their keeper almost by accident managed to sit on the ball after Velikonja tried to poke it over the line. Oh what might have been if it had crept in 🤔
    He was already a bit of a joke figure by then if I recall, missing from a goalmouth scramble in Brighton's unfinished new ground was the perfect way for Etien to play

I doubt it's the latter to be honest.
    Well, it is almost Halloween.

He was already a bit of a joke figure by then if I recall, missing from a goalmouth scramble in Brighton's unfinished new ground was the perfect way for Etien to play
    Nicely played to get around the spelling!

Bale is coming…

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Bale is coming…
    I'm seeing it all Field Of Dreams with him appearing in slo-mo out of a dense crop of giant leeks, but in our away kit for some reason. Edgy. Gender-fluid, what with the hair and everything. Good for the merch peeps.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the club tried though before making the same mistake.

As for Russell Slade, how ironic that the club would ask our last equivalent of a Director of Football (albeit short lived) for advice?
    he was down the stadium when we played Boro. I saw him in the car pack going towards main entrance.
    Spedger

Or of course it could be Sam ( the Lebanese one )…

Bale is coming…
    I'm still clinging onto very distant hope that January 1st comes and Gareth is unveiled in the middle of Whitchurch, the crowds go wild and he leads us to automatic promotion and then retires.

Christ i hope not. He's another doesnt have a clue.
    We need to move on and away from Hammam..
    He's trying to rinse our club of more millions so i highlt doubt he would be welcome.

People always say about needing a football man which Sam was yet I thought his management appointments were poor. It was more about throwing money at the situation.

His best probably DJ but I think maybe that was the Riddler