+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MP calling for delay to UK climate action has banked £150k from oil firm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MP calling for delay to UK climate action has banked £150k from oil firm

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The most depressing thing for me is that I no longer get surprised when I see this kind of scumbag in power exposed.

These people have no shame.
    It's just a game and if you get caught it's like simply "losing a life".
    What an absolute cnut? Mind you the clue is in the party he represents. He's probably considered a paragon by that lot.

Re: MP calling for delay to UK climate action has banked £150k from oil firm

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    What an absolute cnut? Mind you the clue is in the party he represents. He's probably considered a paragon by that lot.
    See, this is the point (only four posts in...sometimes its as late as 10) when the thread just becomes a rather pointless activist-y equivalent of a political circle-jerk for the usual suspects to make themselves feel better about themselves for half an hour by participating in it and making stereotypes about 'other people'.

There are loads of ongoing scandals involving the Labour Party, SNP, Lib Dems etc. If someone looked at the case involving Claudia Webbe or Keith Vaz or former Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson (all much much worse examples!) and concluded 'typical Labour' they would be wrong to do so. Same as anyone making the same accusations here.

For the record;

1 / If you have any interest in political corruption etc, then you know it impacts all parties. That's just a fact. If you dont realise that you either arent paying attention, or your eyes are closed to it, in which case you actually support the thing you profess to dislike.

2 / Being paid by an organisation and voting that way doesnt necessarily equal corruption, it may equal passion. MP's are paid externally to advise all the time. It means they have expertise in something and care about it. Someone may be paid by a trade union for example and vote for Trade Union rights, it doesn't mean he or she is corrupt per se. I don't agree with his stance on fossil fuels, but it doesnt mean he's corrupt about it.

3 / He does sound like a bit of a knob, and his brand of social conservatism and climate change-scepticism doesnt interest me, but he is answering to his constituents, many of whom may share his views and thats fair enough. Same goes with Corbyn, Johnson, any other MP you care to mention.