+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much closer is Morison now to the job?

How much closer is Morison now to the job?

The club clearly don't have anyone lined up like they did when they appointed slade warnock and Harris. .

That makes it morrisons to lose really. 4 points from the 2 home games, or possibly even 3 and I think he will get it.

Re: How much closer is Morrison now to the job?

I think Morrrison will get it.

Re: How much closer is Morison now to the job?

dunno ,but those barstewards showed that they can play football , have a heart ,and that's something to be happy about

Add maybe three decent experienced players to that group and we will be fine..
    If he does do well over the next few games then i'd be happy if he gets the job

Hopefully no closer at all. The club just got burnt giving away a 2-year deal before it was due. One would think they won't be so hasty this time around.

I'd like him to stay until the end of the season, at least.

It's refreshing to have someone from the club step up rather than bring someone else in. It'll be good for youth, too. They know him and respect him and reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think Morrrison will get it.
    Nah, it’s got to be Morrrissson for me.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'd like him to stay until the end of the season, at least.

It's refreshing to have someone from the club step up rather than bring someone else in. It'll be good for youth, too. They know him and respect him and reverse.
    Wait until after next week and decide. If you can't get Wilder or the bloke you absolutely want, wait. If we get 4 points from the next 2, then we might be able to have more time to decide. If we don't get a win, we'll have to pull the trigger on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Hopefully no closer at all. The club just got burnt giving away a 2-year deal before it was due. One would think they won't be so hasty this time around.
    ^^^ This

Hopefully they take their time.

I’m sure they are going Morison does well, it’s the cheapest option.

I hope they use this time to carefully think about the direction of the club but they had that chance after Harris as well.

Morison has at least stopped the rot of losses and got us scoring again

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Hopefully they take their time.

I’m sure they are going Morison does well, it’s the cheapest option.

I hope they use this time to carefully think about the direction of the club but they had that chance after Harris as well.

Morison has at least stopped the rot of losses and got us scoring again

Normally, I’d prefer the board to wait , however, if he does well in the next two games , why not change tact and give him a contact until the end of the season. Add in financial caveats that won’t cost the club.

He knows the squad and is unafraid of playing the youngsters. With numerous players out of contract in July , and money tight , this pathway from under 23 to first team will not be a hinderance to him.

A new manager may want a large transfer kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Normally, I’d prefer the board to wait , however, if he does well in the next two games , why not change tact and give him a contact until the end of the season. Add in financial caveats that won’t cost the club.

He knows the squad and is unafraid of playing the youngsters. With numerous players out of contract in July , and money tight , this pathway from under 23 to first team will not be a hinderance to him.

I think it is silly to get carried away,. Let's see where we are after the next 2 games. Then decide.

It all has to be thought through and weighed up.

Love him to do well and get the job but also part of me wants him to continue his good work with the u23s.

Still a long way to go for him though.

let's not be too hasty, we all witnessed a great comeback today but there are still a lot of gaps in the overall performance and more than a few creases to iron out, let's give him a run of 4 or 5 games before offering him a 35 year contract

I wouldn't have thought so. Remember, we were 3-0 down, there was only one way to play after that, nothing to lose so the players and management were forced to react. Great comeback and we showed character, something that had been missing under MM.

He may not want a contract until the end of the season or want to sign something that doesn't benefit him if he does get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He may not want a contract until the end of the season or want to sign something that doesn't benefit him if he does get the boot.

He might not, he might , who knows really ?

I’m just replying to a question on a messageboard that somebody has posted

He might not, he might , who knows really ?

I’m just replying to a question on a messageboard that somebody has posted
    Fair enough my mate

It's ridiculous to judge whether somebody would be a suitable manager based on 3 games anyway.

I'd ship Morison as a suitable choice not because of today or the next 2 games, but because he knows the young players well, is cheap and realistic, seems to have a progressive and positive outlook, and has done a good job with the U23s.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nah, it’s got to be Morrrissson for me.
    Time to shut up and give your rrrrs a chance I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Time to shut up and give your rrrrs a chance I reckon
    Moison forme

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    let's not be too hasty, we all witnessed a great comeback today but there are still a lot of gaps in the overall performance and more than a few creases to iron out, let's give him a run of 4 or 5 games before offering him a 35 year contract
    I agree. The defence needs a complete over haul.
    These comebacks cannot happen every week.
    To get 3 points we need to learn how to keep a clean sheet

I should imagine the club are crossing the t’s on a six year contract

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Moison forme
    Mel Tormé.

He's closer now than he was at 4pm on Saturday!