+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Between now and Boxing Day

Between now and Boxing Day

Between now and Boxing Day;

9 games
    6 home, 3 away
    4 games against current top 10 (QPR, Huddersfield, Luton, Coventry)
    5 games against teams below 10th
    2 games against teams currently below us (Derby & Hull - both home)

If we can somehow build on today’s comeback, coupled with some kind of caretaker / new manager bounce, the next two months could go a long way towards keeping us in the division this season.

Re: Between now and Boxing Day

That comeback has provided me with some hope. The fight that's been missing for 8 games now.

Mad Mick had lost the respect of his players
    Morison has given the players and us fans fresh impetus and more importantly HOPE
    I’m really looking forward to Wednesday ⚽️⚽️👍

One swallow a summer does not make. Stoke had a tough cup game v Brentford on Wednesday, the sort of situation managers point to when finding excuses for an under-par performance. But there's no denying the confidence a result like this brings to the team, along with a change to a more suitable formation and balanced tactics. Let's hope Morison has identified our defensive problems by the time a quick and skillful QPR arrive here on Wednesday. As things stand I expect relegation - particularly if the club's comments about no new players in January are true, but my heart says 'keep the faith' !

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    One swallow a summer does not make. Stoke had a tough cup game v Brentford on Wednesday, the sort of situation managers point to when finding excuses for an under-par performance. But there's no denying the confidence a result like this brings to the team, along with a change to a more suitable formation and balanced tactics. Let's hope Morison has identified our defensive problems by the time a quick and skillful QPR arrive here on Wednesday. As things stand I expect relegation - particularly if the club's comments about no new players in January are true, but my heart says 'keep the faith' !
    Really good post and I agree. I'm not going to subscribe to the madness from the club that they won't find some contingency in January though. I don't care if we're supposedly skint (something I've always been deeply suspicious of) They have to. Somehow. The spectre of relegation can't be allowed to continue. I know this is a different view but January is the only time the club can do anything pro-actively about the squad and give whoever the new manager is something more than verbal endorsement.

I just cannot believe the suits would take any risk that we'd drop out of The Championship. Makes no sense to me. It's not a complicated algorithm. If they gambled with MM then that algorithm will spit out the financial possibilities and permutations and it's for sure going to look a lot worse in L1.

We'll see in a couple of months.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 31-10-21 at 09:59. Reason: Changed Freudian slip back to L1!

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Between now and Boxing Day;

9 games
    6 home, 3 away
    4 games against current top 10 (QPR, Huddersfield, Luton, Coventry)
    5 games against teams below 10th
    2 games against teams currently below us (Derby & Hull - both home)

If we can somehow build on today’s comeback, coupled with some kind of caretaker / new manager bounce, the next two months could go a long way towards keeping us in the division this season.
    Play Offs beckoning, I can hear it whispering in the winds.