+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gdańsk or Bucharest

Gdańsk or Bucharest

Anyone been to both to recommend either? Going away for Christmas and would love some opinions

Re: Gdańsk or Bucharest

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Anyone been to both to recommend either? Going away for Christmas and would love some opinions
    Bucharest is well worth a visit, some great late 19thC grandeur, excellent (cheap) metro, and the "entertainment" district was extensively refurbed 10 years ago (info here: http://ar-tour.com/guides/bucharest-guide/lipscani.aspx).
    On the downside Covid is rampant currently in Romania with sky high infection rates and a death rate at around TEN times (per million of population) the UK rate.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Bucharest is well worth a visit, some great late 19thC grandeur, excellent (cheap) metro, and the "entertainment" district was extensively refurbed 10 years ago (info here: http://ar-tour.com/guides/bucharest-guide/lipscani.aspx).
    On the downside Covid is rampant currently in Romania with sky high infection rates and a death rate at around TEN times (per million of population) the UK rate.

I’ve heard Romania 🇷🇴 is well with a visit and like the O.P has stated The architecture is wonderful.
    Lots of Italians I know visit there for short breaks

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The org I work for has a big presence in Romania

I love it.

I ran the Bucharest half marathon in 2019.

Beautiful city. And as a tip... Their neighbours wine (Moldovan) is one of the best kept secrets in Europe.

Sorry I can't comment on Gdańsk.

Done, Warsaw, Poznan, Wroclaw & Krakow in Poland but not Gdansk, I like Poland and had a few more places on the wish list, Gdansk being one of them but it wasn't/isn't to be, good beer, quite a few attractions mostly associated to war and unless its changed its relatively clean, for a Capitol City I was really surprised how clean Warsaw was. Not been to Bucharest

I have a Friend from Gdansk, of course they speak highly of it and we were due to visit but Covid hit,