+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jeff Stelling To Leave Sky

Re: Jeff Stelling To Leave Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know that I'm in a massive minority, and I'm probably the one who is wrong on this, but I couldn't care less who is commentating or who is doing the punditry. I understand that soccer Saturday is different, and personalities play a significant part in the whole event, but as far as I'm concerned, a live match could have anyone communicating or doing the punditry, it's the game that I watch and I never listen to anything any of them say anyway.
    You say that until you get a Sam Matterface doing live commentary being absolutely unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You say that until you get a Sam Matterface doing live commentary being absolutely unbearable.
    Mute button.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Phil Mohammed ?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Alex Scott? She's everywhere these days.
    Probably be a black male equivalent.
    That or someone from LGBT. It’s what BBC or ITV would do

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Probably be a black male equivalent.
    Almost certainly won't. Unless Julian Warren blacks up for the role, and I can't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah he is distractingly bad. I remember Jonathan pearces first game on channel 5 - must be 20 years ago now. Both of them suffer from verbal diarrhoea, they are basically the idiot in the pub who has to fill every second with a comment even though they are the least interesting and least intelligent person there.

Most commentators are decent though. If you don’t notice them, they are doing a good job. Although I do get fed up with some (radio wales in particular) who forget we can’t see the game. “It’s a goal!” Is useless- we need “Cardiff have scored!”

I’ve not watched the jeff stelling thing for years but that’s just because I don’t care about football outside of ccfc any more. When I did watch it, I thought he was excellent. Professional but warm, enthusiastic but not (normally) hyperbolic. He must have been doing that show for 20 years though, so surely time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think Nicholas, Le Tissier and Thompson were past it for a variety of reasons, but I’d be surprised if the changes were down to any significant drop in audience. Sky had been bringing others into their positions for a long time, especially on the midweek shows.

It could be that the show’s viewing figures have decreased as the internet has become more and more interactive, and so much more football-related content is now available online, and of course there are also the BBC and BT alternatives now.

Whatever is the case, I hope the show continues in the same or at least a very similar format once Stelling has moved on. I thoroughly enjoy it, and more so in recent years than ever before. The programme is one of many reasons I can never see myself going back to being a full-time City supporter. Watching Soccer Saturday is often more entertaining and enjoyable than going to games and it’s a lot less hassle too.
    Not supporting the BLM badges was reported as one issue around Le Tissier, and his outspoken views

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    I won’t miss him . Overrated presenter whom Sky overpaid. I could read the scores off an autocue and sound more interesting.
    I remember when he had a Hartlepool shirt on , during a crucial relegation day . A complete fool. Glad Newport stayed up that year. Get shot of him, and get someone in his chair who’ s not plastic ,but knowledgeable and interesting at the same time. In other words , someone with a bit of class .
    You are entitled to your opinion.
    My opinion is you’re talking bollox.

You read my post. That’s good enough for me. Keep reading my posts in future and you’ll learn something. That’s my opinion.