+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: COP 26 Summit

Re: COP 26 Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Jesus you have got an hair up your arse - proof I said I was taking a guess.
    Can you give me solid proof that the planet warming up is down to fossil fuels.
    They used to say 97% of scientists agreed it's true and now it's more like 99%.

It strikes me that if big business was paying for the research to back their point, it's more likely to be the 1% of research rather than 99%.

Jesus you have got an hair up your arse - proof I said I was taking a guess.
    Can you give me solid proof that the planet warming up is down to fossil fuels.
    https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah I wrote my thesis on it so have plenty of proof. But you don’t even need to dig that deep there are plenty of easy to consume articles in science and other magazines. I’d say it’s as close to irrefutable as you can get tbh.

So you’re taking a guess about what? Climate change isn’t real? Greta is a puppet that is backed by big green energy?

All with no proof and you’re holding a very strong opinion about it?
    No I’m taking a guess that someone is using Greta for their own agenda. I agree with it probably is down to fossil fuels, but show me proof swings both ways.

Oh come on Croesy even I know your not that dumb…what a stupid question.
    Still some attempt at a get out here mind fair play

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Its a very fair point to highlight the per capita data, as this is nearly always a much fairer way of analysing and comparing countries performance in different areas.

I suppose a couple of differences here are that by definition CO2 emmisions are about total figures, as there is a finite acceptable level etc so the level of pollution matters , not who does it. Secondly (and maybe this is reflected in the data posted) countries like Russia, US, Brazil, Canada etc will also point to the amount of forests they have which offset some of this.

I find the obsession with, and lack of accountability of Greta Thunberg a bit weird tbh. She is put forward as a child (Young adult now) who cannot be questioned or scrutinized and the hero worship is a bit strange. There's something borderline religious about it
    You're last paragraph/observation, is there anyone else springs to mind, who enjoys hero worship and can't be scrutinised?

Go on have a go.

No I’m taking a guess that someone is using Greta for their own agenda. I agree with it probably is down to fossil fuels, but show me proof swings both ways.
    I could post 100 articles and scientific journals with the proof but would you read them?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11462-climate-change-a-guide-for-the-perplexed/

Why and who would be benefitting from using her?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You're last paragraph/observation, is there anyone else springs to mind, who enjoys hero worship and can't be scrutinised?

Go on have a go.
    James said yesterday that the MP who took money from fossil fuel companies and voted for anti green policies wasn’t corrupt or being bribery but he wants a kid fighting for a good cause to be scrutinised.

Transferring your shit on to me a Cartman - so you admit that she’s a kid then?
    Fair play Whisperer, you have taken on the CCMB pile on crew in this Fred you got no chance some Freds are best just observed only. Having a cleaner earth for those who come after us isn't a bad idea IMO, debating how we do it is impossible, the science has already been decided.

Still some attempt at a get out here mind fair play
    Okay so your playing dumb a croesy….so corporate green company’s in that world money makes the world go round so getting the whole planet to change over to electric vehicles is big big business and personally I’m not convinced electric is the answer to the problems we have at present. So the car industry could be behind her.

Okay so your playing dumb a croesy….so corporate green company’s in that world money makes the world go round so getting the whole planet to change over to electric vehicles is big big business and personally I’m not convinced electric is the answer to the problems we have at present. So the car industry could be behind her.
    The car industry would benefit from staying with the current system in every measurable way.

The money for all the big business (the ones who can lobby governments) is sticking with using oil and other fossil fuels.

Why would a “big green corporation” use a child when they could just continue to bribe politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Fair play Whisperer, you have taken on the CCMB pile on crew in this Fred you got no chance some Freds are best just observed only. Having a cleaner earth for those who come after us isn't a bad idea IMO, debating how we do it is impossible, the science has already been decided.
    Cleaner earth, yes. I'd go a bit further and say liveable. There will be some inhabited places that are probably going to be uninhabitable in about 60 years. It's not a great legacy to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I knew this was coming. This is a messageboard and is for people to debate and post, if someone posts something and gets a lot of replies it isn’t piling on it’s the exact way a messageboard should work.

If people don’t want to get “piled on” don’t post. Especially if you’re going to post something that is incorrect and can easily be shown to be.

In a culture obsessed with celebrity and beauty, why do you think they chose her?

Funny how all those with their head up their arses about climate change resort to insults about GT being weird and conspiracy theories about her being a puppet of some mysterious "green business lobby". Because they don't like what she (and millions of others) are saying, but don't have any scientific evidence to back that up other than some weirdo on YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Absolute nonsense. It's a money making scheme to get the most of your hard earned. Look at the price of an electric car for example. 30 grand for a corsa !!!!.

Yup. Add few pence on this and a few pence on that. All designed to milk us plebs so the politicians can pay back the massive loans to our true masters - the big banks and globalists.

Calling climate change a money making scheme must be the worst conspiracy ever.

Yeah let’s go against the wishes of the Oil companies, the banks, the hedge funds, the meat and dairy industry, international travel companies and 99% of car manufacturers so we can make people buy new cars which they never would have done otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    In a culture obsessed with celebrity and beauty, why do you think they chose her?
    I have no idea Lardy

Yeah let’s go against the wishes of the Oil companies, the banks, the hedge funds, the meat and dairy industry, international travel companies and 99% of car manufacturers so we can make people buy new cars which they never would have done otherwise.
    That’s what I love about you Croesy - your humility always shines through.

That’s what I love about you Croesy - your humility always shines through.
    I’m the one posting facts you’re the one saying I’m being dumb and making things up. I’d say you’re showing a lot less humility.

Play the ball not the man, debate the facts don’t turn it into hurling insults.

What even have I posted there or in this thread that is lacking humility?

So who will end up paying the levies/taxes?
    And who will get that money?
    The globalists control the politicians, so whilst it may appear at face value to be a cost to them, it won’t be - it’ll be a cost to us.
    Those who sit at the top table never lose out - they just pass it on to those below them, such as their customers and their staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    So who will end up paying the levies/taxes?
    And who will get that money?
    The globalists control the politicians, so whilst it may appear at face value to be a cost to them, it won’t be - it’ll be a cost to us.
    Those who sit at the top table never lose out - they just pass it on to those below them, such as their customers and their staff.
    Aren’t you just describing capitalism?

Sounds like leaving the system as is but jacking the prices of everything up via hyper inflation would be a lot more profitable than making companies spend loads of money on R&D.

Also globalist is seen as an anti Semitic term as it’s often used by conspiracy theorists to means “the Jews”. Maybe be careful using it.

Also why wouldn’t that have been picked up by at least one notable journalist? Sounds like a huge story that would make someone very famous and a lot of money.

I’m the one posting facts you’re the one saying I’m being dumb and making things up. I’d say you’re showing a lot less humility.

Play the ball not the man, debate the facts don’t turn it into hurling insults.

What even have I posted there or in this thread that is lacking humility?
    It’s not what you’ve posted so much, it’s more about your closed mindedness, I’m in the (I don’t know) camp where you come across so definite.

I have no idea Lardy
    Because they didn't. Imagine how damaging it would be for a giant corporation to be paying a girl under 16 to campaign on their behalf. They wouldn't go near something like that.

It’s not what you’ve posted so much, it’s more about your closed mindedness, I’m in the (I don’t know) camp where you come across so definite.
    But I’ve actually researched the topic of global warming and written a paper on it, I’m not going to be open minded to global warming not being real.

What else could I be less closed minded about? I’m very open minded I’m just not opening to believing anything that is obviously not true.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Because they didn't. Imagine how damaging it would be for a giant corporation to be paying a girl under 16 to campaign on their behalf. They wouldn't go near something like that.
    Also pretty easy to trace all her funding and spending. Why wouldn’t the dailymail or Fox News run a story on this if it was actually happening.