+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: COP 26 Summit

COP 26 Summit

All hot air , if you pardon the use of words

Re: COP 26 Summit

Absolute nonsense. It's a money making scheme to get the most of your hard earned. Look at the price of an electric car for example. 30 grand for a corsa !!!!.

unless china , russia and india show some real clarity and willpower to join the party yes i agree

c,mon greta and mini me's stop prancing around the western world get your @rse over these places and strut your stuff

Delegates?

All on a jolly

Cop out

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    unless china , russia and india show some real clarity and willpower to join the party yes i agree

c,mon greta and mini me's stop prancing around the western world get your @rse over these places and strut your stuff
    Why do people always say this when per capita those countries are no where near the worst offenders?

As well as the fact that China at least has plenty of green policies.

Per capita China is about as bad an offender as New Zealand and only slightly worse than the U.K.

https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/co2-emissions-per-capita/

North America, Australia and the gulf states are where the biggest changes are needed. And a lot of that is driven by worldwide consumption.

I don’t know where this narrative of other countries bad so we should do nothing comes from but it isn’t a helpful or correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do people always say this when per capita those countries are no where near the worst offenders?

Per capita China is about as bad an offender as New Zealand and only slightly worse than the U.K.

https://www.worldometers.info/co2-em...ns-per-capita/

North America, Australia and the gulf states are where the biggest changes are needed. And a lot of that is driven by worldwide consumption.

I don’t know where this narrative of other countries bad so we should do nothing comes from but it isn’t a helpful or correct one.
    And it's always Greta this, Greta that. I just don't get why grown men get so uncomfortable about a teenage girl telling them ah right I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And it's always Greta this, Greta that. I just don't get why grown men get so uncomfortable about a teenage girl telling them ah right I get it now.
    The media has basically done a job on people as usual. As boring as it is predictable.

Almost as bad as people saying she’s an under cover agent placed by the big corporations

The media has basically done a job on people as usual. As boring as it is predictable.

Almost as bad as people saying she’s an under cover agent placed by the big corporations
    She’s definitely a puppet on someone’s string so for me she’s not authentic.

Who’s string and for what benefit?

Would it make the message less important?

https://www.worldometers.info/co2-em...ns-per-capita/

Its a very fair point to highlight the per capita data, as this is nearly always a much fairer way of analysing and comparing countries performance in different areas.

I suppose a couple of differences here are that by definition CO2 emmisions are about total figures, as there is a finite acceptable level etc so the level of pollution matters , not who does it. Secondly (and maybe this is reflected in the data posted) countries like Russia, US, Brazil, Canada etc will also point to the amount of forests they have which offset some of this.

I find the obsession with, and lack of accountability of Greta Thunberg a bit weird tbh. She is put forward as a child (Young adult now) who cannot be questioned or scrutinized and the hero worship is a bit strange. There's something borderline religious about it

I think people are welcome to question and scrutinise her but the fact she’s presenting almost irrefutable facts makes that quite difficult. It’s probably why the only opposition are weird conspiracy theories.

I can’t say I know much about her other than what I’ve heard on the radio but I haven’t really seen much “religious” support for her. More that she’s fronting a very worthwhile cause that everyone should be getting behind, but once again like Covid it’s becoming needlessly politicised.

Who’s string and for what benefit?

Would it make the message less important?
    I don’t know who’s behind her, but I would take a guess at big green corporate business…she’s a child that’s being exploited (child abuse) a bit like Judy Garland was back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I find the obsession with, and lack of accountability of Greta Thunberg a bit weird tbh. She is put forward as a child (Young adult now) who cannot be questioned or scrutinized and the hero worship is a bit strange. There's something borderline religious about it
    What questioning or scrutinizing would you like to do? Hero worship? In these threads, the first time she is mentioned is always by somebody looking to hang her out to dry. And accountability, what is she supposed to be held accountable for?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I don’t know who’s behind her, but I would take a guess at big green corporate business…she’s a child that’s being exploited (child abuse) a bit like Judy Garland was back in the day.
    Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day. Where do you think the 'Greta is a weird autistic kid who is being used' narrative came from? Do you think you came up with it yourself? Could it be the same people who spend billions of dollars each year to keep the fossil fuel industry going, despite the overwhelming evidence that it is going to completely destroy the planet?

Hey Chad, that strange unhappy looking Swedish girl is really hitting it with the focus groups. They love her! We gotta get her out in the big leagues! She's killing it!

Big green corporate business?! Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day. Where do you think the 'Greta is a weird autistic kid who is being used' narrative came from? Do you think you came up with it yourself? Could it be the same people who spend billions of dollars each year to keep the fossil fuel industry going, despite the overwhelming evidence that it is going to completely destroy the planet?

Why was climate change not even mentioned in any of the general election campaigns, as far as I can remember it was all about Brexit ?

Big green corporate business?! Like what?
    Oh come on Croesy even I know your not that dumb…what a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Transferring your shit on to me a Cartman - so you admit that she’s a kid then?

Oh come on Croesy even I know your not that dumb…what a stupid question.
    Come on name one. Name a company that will make more money by being more green.

Show me the proof you have that these are backing her and a reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Hey Chad, that strange unhappy looking Swedish girl is really hitting it with the focus groups. They love her! We gotta get her out in the big leagues! She's killing it!

Greta is being funded by Patagonia, big wetsuit as usual leading the narrative!

Jesus you have got an hair up your arse - proof I said I was taking a guess.
    Can you give me solid proof that the planet warming up is down to fossil fuels.

Jesus you have got an hair up your arse - proof I said I was taking a guess.
    Can you give me solid proof that the planet warming up is down to fossil fuels.
    Yeah I wrote my thesis on it so have plenty of proof. But you don’t even need to dig that deep there are plenty of easy to consume articles in science and other magazines. I’d say it’s as close to irrefutable as you can get tbh.

So you’re taking a guess about what? Climate change isn’t real? Greta is a puppet that is backed by big green energy?

All with no proof and you’re holding a very strong opinion about it?