+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: COP 26 Summit

Re: COP 26 Summit

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    " he obviously has an area of expertise that they are willing to pay for"

I don't think it's his brains they want.
    Exactly why not just employ an actual expert?

The only non government experience this guy has is IT sales and a PCGE.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The guardian is a pretty editorial-led paper nowadays. The Daily Mail of the left as they say. I take the two as goalposts to aim to fall between.

You can decide for yourself here:
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...emony-25348321
    Thanks for the link. Nope the over rated in my opinion Mr Crace took a lot of artistic licence there - that speech was nothing like he described.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    And that’s where the hypocrisy comes in, you jumped straight to his defence while saying Greta thunberg needs scrutiny.

There’s no evidence rules have been broken but anyone with half a brain can see an MP taking a “side job” for an oil company from the Middle East getting paid Ł50k a year for 4 days work while he has no background in the industry and doesn’t even have a relevant degree or background.

And this man is voting on climate change issues. So it’s about as relevant as you can get. The only reason it isn’t “corruption” to his bosses is a ****ing loop hole that plenty of MP’s want to make the most of. It’s the definition of corruption.

It’s funny that you think this is muddy and grubby but are happy to defend it but think people fighting for climate change need more scrutiny.
    I'm not defending him, more defending the principle of someone not being something just because someone else says so.

But we are going around in circles and whilst I understand your point, mine is not registering with you.

Thats fine, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for the link. Nope the over rated in my opinion Mr Crace took a lot of artistic licence there - that speech was nothing like he described.
    I like him and his satirical, sarcy tone. I'm not sure the artistic license is unfounded when it comes to Boris anyway, and this 'Johnson is something of a late convert to the reality of the climate crisis. We know that and he knows that. He’s even admitted it was only when he got to Downing Street and academics walked him through the science that the penny really dropped' from Crace sums him up really well. The problem with Johnson is not the speech and what's in it, it is his credibility and lack of gravitas IMO. This is the same person we see 'performing' at PMQs and it's hard to take him seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I like him and his satirical, sarcy tone. I'm not sure the artistic license is unfounded when it comes to Boris anyway, and this 'Johnson is something of a late convert to the reality of the climate crisis. We know that and he knows that. He’s even admitted it was only when he got to Downing Street and academics walked him through the science that the penny really dropped' from Crace sums him up really well. The problem with Johnson is not the speech and what's in it, it is his credibility and lack of gravitas IMO. This is the same person we see 'performing' at PMQs and it's hard to take him seriously.
    the performing is literally the only part of the job he's any good at

a good debate by labour man Paul Embrey speaking to australian sky news regarding the effects and consequences to ordinary people in a net zero world by 2050

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9pgCf8fCM

Credibility undermined by taking a private jet back to London from Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    a good debate by labour man Paul Embrey speaking to australian sky news regarding the effects and consequences to ordinary people in a net zero world by 2050

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9pgCf8fCM
    Sky News Australia is a very Fox Newsy, but I have a lot of time for Paul Embery.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the US have not pretty much said that it came from a lab in China at all
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ical-and-false

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I must be missing something. Are you supporting the statement or arguing against it because your link doesn't support it? In fact the most important link in your linked piece is this one: The Wuhan lab leak theory is more about politics than science

The lab-leak theory is just that....a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    All hot air , if you pardon the use of words
    Noah said the same at Cop 1

I must be missing something. Are you supporting the statement or arguing against it because your link doesn't support it? In fact the most important link in your linked piece is this one: The Wuhan lab leak theory is more about politics than science

The lab-leak theory is just that....a theory.
    the Americans have basically said they can't tell where it came from as there isn't enough evidence. then the wording of their statement suggests that the lab leak theory just as likely as animal transmission, when almost all scientists you see quoted in the subject would disagree.

the statement definitely doesn't say the the us "pretty much state that it comes from a lab" AQMonkfish clearly hasn't understood it properly

I don’t disagree with your sentiments about Johnson, but he should provide a writer like Crace with enough material to have a go at him without having to make up stuff like he did there.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t disagree with your sentiments about Johnson, but he should provide a writer like Crace with enough material to have a go at him without having to make up stuff like he did there.
    It won't be the first time I've got one of Crace's pieces wrong or been whooshed by him. I thought it was one of his satirical columns but looking at it again I'm not sure what it was because there's other stuff that is very serious.

So, I'm now confused and agree with you that Johnson should provide plenty of material. I didn't read or listen to his speech so wasn't aware. As I say, I'm now confused by the whole thing which is disappointing because it's not an issue which needs any further misinformation.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 02-11-21 at 19:19. Reason: Clarification

In which case we agree.

Although, actually you said "Dull as phucking dog shit" in reply to Croesy.

This all works better if you read the posts before replying, saving us all time and saving you the effort of filling the board with insults.
    My initial judgement on you, although unkind, was due to your hypocrisy, although I've gone on hearsay.

You're a deluded ****er mind, lacking any self awareness.

It's funny, because you take yourself so seriously.

Please carry on. Genuinely amusing.

You missed my initial question to you in this thread by the way about people in the public eye who may get treated as some quasi religious deities who are above questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    My initial judgement on you, although unkind, was due to your hypocrisy, although I've gone on hearsay.

You're a deluded ****er mind, lacking any self awareness.

It's funny, because you take yourself so seriously.

Please carry on. Genuinely amusing.

You missed my initial question to you in this thread by the way about people in the public eye who may get treated as some quasi religious deities who are above questioning.
    Do ya know what, I've got no interest in engaging with trolls who clearly don't read what people write. You are actually being pretty abusive now. You are completely wasting your time so take your personal abuse elsewhere.

That you type stuff like that about people you don't know and still think to click post says more about you than me.

Have a nice evening

Do ya know what, I've got no interest in engaging with trolls who clearly don't read what people write. You are actually being pretty abusive now. You are completely wasting your time so take your personal abuse elsewhere.

That you type stuff like that about people you don't know and still think to click post says more about you than me.

Have a nice evening
    Stop wailing butt.

I thought you were all for people being scrutinised.

You seem to be OK with some casting aspersions on a 16 year old kid but not too clever when someone calls you out on here?

I'll happily buy you a beer butt.

Can't this be put in the alternative message board. Sick of hearing about it.

Just noticed this thread, can’t believe the Chinese government aren’t there? Wtf is that about? A quarter of carbon emissions comes from them doesn’t it?

Have a nice evening
    I like you James, I recall your stance surrounding the rebrand, a man with integrity

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just noticed this thread, can’t believe the Chinese government aren’t there? Wtf is that about? A quarter of carbon emissions comes from them doesn’t it?
    Bloody Cop out 100 , guess who drove their carbon emissions up , along with India and others yes us the greedy let's have it on the cheap western society's, yep we're all guilty.

Boris's very good analogy was a clever description that the UK must lead climate action because it 'knitted the deadly tea cosy' of climate change

so was COP 26 a success or in the words of Sludge all hot air ??

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    so was COP 26 a success or in the words of Sludge all hot air ??

I thought it was well worth the effort and I’m now so relieved that Boris Johnson told the world that the UK is not a corrupt country.

I can now sleep at night.