+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: COP 26 Summit

Re: COP 26 Summit

It's all too late

These delegates are just talking from a script

Unless China and Russis are involved its all cobblers

We spent years polluting the planet , you can't expect China to do so now the boot is on the other foot

We in the west moan about China but buy almost everything from them

It's a joke really , we are all guilty

Boris Johnson making a speech about climate change is the biggest joke of all

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s why I asked if Johnson’s speech was as bad as reported in that paper - I can definitely believe it was mind.
    The guardian is a pretty editorial-led paper nowadays. The Daily Mail of the left as they say. I take the two as goalposts to aim to fall between.

You can decide for yourself here:
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...emony-25348321

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Fantastic, we're going to spend taxes on green initiatives to hit somewhat grandstanding targets instead of going to where it's desperately needed in our country to offset what the rest of the world is doing.

What a few years it is for the younger generation who have also got the luxury of spiralling house prices and a decade of low wages from the 2008 financial crash.

Great timing.
    I agree we should have done something about it earlier so It didn’t come to this.

It’s the broken window fallacy. Why can’t we do more than one thing at once?

Where else in the world is much worse than us?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Again your reading comprehension is very poor.

I didn’t bring the 2 topics together I was just using it to highlight your hypocrisy.
    Thats exactly what you did. You are just out and out lying now. Please stop it, it's pointless and odd.

"James said yesterday that the MP who took money from fossil fuel companies and voted for anti green policies wasn’t corrupt or being bribery but he wants a kid fighting for a good cause to be scrutinised."

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's all too late

We spent years polluting the planet , you can't expect China to do so now the boot is on the other foot

Yeah we moan about China when we’ve shipped all our manufacturing to them so we can say we’ve hit our emission targets while buying stuff back off them.

So while we say our emissions have dropped by 45% since 1990 that’s only true when considering territorial emission and ignoring outsourcing things which benefit us and ignoring all travel in and out of the country.

People say we aren’t the bit culprits of climate change but per capita we actually are we are just very good at hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Thats exactly what you did. You are just out and out lying now. Please stop it, it's pointless and odd.

"James said yesterday that the MP who took money from fossil fuel companies and voted for anti green policies wasn’t corrupt or being bribery but he wants a kid fighting for a good cause to be scrutinised."
    That’s not conflating two topics that’s highlighting how you are a hypocrite. If you can’t see that there’s no hope for you.

That quote you’ve posted just backs up exactly what I was saying ffs

Yeah we moan about China when we’ve shipped all our manufacturing to them so we can say we’ve hit our emission targets while buying stuff back off them.

So while we say our emissions have dropped by 45% since 1990 that’s only true when considering territorial emission and ignoring outsourcing things which benefit us and ignoring all travel in and out of the country.

People say we aren’t the bit culprits of climate change but per capita we actually are we are just very good at hiding it.
    White goods , car parts , phones , tablets , TV s , clothes

China , far east , India, Bangladesh etc

Mutually assured destruction

I agree we should have done something about it earlier so It didn’t come to this.

It’s the broken window fallacy. Why can’t we do more than one thing at once?

Where else in the world is much worse than us?
    Same with the water issue. £69bn has been paid out to shareholders. Absolutely disgraceful

That’s not conflating two topics that’s highlighting how you are a hypocrite. If you can’t see that there’s no hope for you.

That quote you’ve posted just backs up exactly what I was saying ffs
    No, you pulled together two completely separate threads on two completely different topics and totally misrepresented what I said (which was merely to challenge your statement that a politician is corrupt because you say they are)

Then some random on the internet insults me based on your post, then you lie and say you didn't do what you did.

Just stop lying! And if you want to lie, kindly leave me out of it!

Put your time to better use!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Same with the water issue. £69bn has been paid out to shareholders. Absolutely disgraceful
    Again this seems to be a problem of unfettered capitalism and corrupt governments rather than an issue of climate change.

So everyone has issues with corruption and paying out to shareholders yet keep voting for the party who keep getting caught out giving contracts to their mates and are known for having shareholders and CEOs interests at the fore front of decision making. I don’t get it.

No, you pulled together two completely separate threads on two completely different topics and totally misrepresented what I said (which was merely to challenge your statement that a politician is corrupt because you say they are)

Then some random on the internet insults me based on your post, then you lie and say you didn't do what you did.

Just stop lying! And if you want to lie, kindly leave me out of it!

Put your time to better use!
    I pulled together 2 quotes to show how hypocritical you are to want to scrutinise people who’s views you don’t agree with.

You posted this about 12 hours after I last made a post ffs

Croesys next girlfriend I think.
    Kindly leave me out of it and put your time to better use!

Don’t worry about the MPs taking bribes to repress green initiatives and prop up fossil fuel companies. But please scrutinise this protestor with 0 actual power.

You posted this about 12 hours after I last made a post ffs

Kindly leave me out of it and put your time to better use!
    I think it's pretty clear that me saying Greta Thunberg is your next girlfriend is a joke.

Did that cut deep?!

I think it's pretty clear that me saying Greta Thunberg is your next girlfriend is a joke.

Did that cut deep?!
    It’s just shit mate. Nice to know highlighting your hypocrisy cut deep enough to get a 4 paragraph rant though.

Because it’s true you are a hypocrite and it sums up a lot of people in this country quite nicely. MP bribes fine, greta thunberg needs to be scrutinised though!

It’s just shit mate. Nice to know highlighting your hypocrisy cut deep enough to get a 4 paragraph rant though.

Because it’s true you are a hypocrite and it sums up a lot of people in this country quite nicely. MP bribes fine, greta thunberg needs to be scrutinised though!
    I dont think you understand what a hypocrite is.

Explaining that someone isn't necessarily corrupt just because you say that they are

and, on a totally different topic;

Saying that people in the public arena should be scrutinised

is not hypocritical.

The crime I seem to be guilty of is disagreeing with you.

Now stop spreading mistruths! Please! I dare you..just for an hour! Try it!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's hardly a neutral source, so was Johnson's speech really as bad as this suggests?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-chance-saloon

This story just seems so UK 2021 to me;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59128618

India promises to be carbon neutral by 2070 - is it worth them bothering?
    A big fat no to the last question.

John Craces' piece is brilliant and pitches it perfectly. COP26 is a circus fronted by a clown. The same kind of government people and mindsets that got us into this mess driven by an economic system where greed is good are supposed to miraculously get us out of it? That's not going to happen. The elephants not in the room i.e. China, Russia & Brazil says everything you need to know about our future chances of survival.

Welcome to dystopia - coming to your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren near you over the next 50 years but you and they'll start seriously suffering over each decade.

The wheelchair sh*t is the kind of stuff disabled people have to deal with all the time. The guy 'blaming' the disabled person for not informing them is nothing new. It's a lottery if you're disabled even if you do request information. Saying a venue is accessible means that's it's quite often designed by abled-bodied people who provide a load of tick-boxed facilities. Sometimes they haven't even thought of the turning circle and width of a wheelchair or the fact the mirrors in the bathrooms are too high or too low depending on the nature of your disability.

And before we all start blaming China, when was the last time you bought something that wasn't made there and shipped to you? Amazon is infected with tat.

Anyway, the world's looking like it's heading towards an internet cold war. There will be two internets. China's (and probably Russia's) and the West. China's will expand and thrive and the rest of us will be online islands of conspiracy theories and videos of #epicfails.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's all too late

China are a lot further down the road of environmentalism than people realise.
    they are already committed to peaking CO2 emissions before 2030 and being carbon neutral by 2060 with some noises saying that 2050 is the internal target.
    this at the same time as lifting many people out of poverty and subsistence farming every year .
    it is probably a lot more impressive than anything that we or other western countries are agreeing to.

I dont think you understand what a hypocrite is.

Explaining that someone isn't necessarily corrupt just because you say that they are

and, on a totally different topic;

Saying that people in the public arena should be scrutinised

is not hypocritical.

The crime I seem to be guilty of is disagreeing with you.

Now stop spreading mistruths! Please! I dare you..just for an hour! Try it!
    He was corrupt though, it’s not just because I said he was his actions were corrupt by the very definition of it.

No one is saying we should listen to what Greta says without questioning it. It would just be nice if people were to have the same attitudes towards our MPs rather than supporting them like a football team due to party alignment.

By applying scrutiny to one while blindly defending another is about as hypocritical as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they are already committed to peaking CO2 emissions before 2030 and being carbon neutral by 2060 with some noises saying that 2050 is the internal target.
    this at the same time as lifting many people out of poverty and subsistence farming every year .
    it is probably a lot more impressive than anything that we or other western countries are agreeing to.
    Yep in China it’s a raffle every year to whether someone can own a car while cities have a much higher tax for non electric cars.

They also have a shit load of nuclear power.

They’re just a convenient scapegoat because we’ve shipped a load of manufacturing there to “offset” out emissions.

He was corrupt though, it’s not just because I said he was his actions were corrupt by the very definition of it.

No one is saying we should listen to what Greta says without questioning it. It would just be nice if people were to have the same attitudes towards our MPs rather than supporting them like a football team due to party alignment.

By applying scrutiny to one while blindly defending another is about as hypocritical as you can get.

Seriously, I can't keep repeating myself on this.

If you are so confident the MP is corrupt, then you can report it here. That would be a better use of your time.

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-...for-standards/

In terms of Greta Thunberg, glad we agree. She's in the public eye, she is a campaigner, and it's right she can be challenged where necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You do make a good point and I believe China is a lot smarter and clued up than the rest of us. I think they're ahead of the game with pretty much everything tech and will probably be the first to get quantum computing 'working' which will be check-mate for the rest of us.

Seriously, I can't keep repeating myself on this.

If you are so confident the MP is corrupt, then you can report it here. That would be a better use of your time.

If you believe that I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Why is a man with a teaching degree being paid £50k a year for 4 days work by a fossil fuel company? This has gone on for 5 years.

If you believe that I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Why is a man with a teaching degree being paid £50k a year for 4 days work by a fossil fuel company? This has gone on for 5 years.
    I'm loathe to continue this discussion, but he obviously has an area of expertise that they are willing to pay for.

The point is, MP's do take side jobs. They get paid for it, they declare it. It's not necessarily a sign of corruption. It may be grubby it may muddy the waters it may leave them open to accusations from people, but it doesn't mean its corruption, and you perpetually saying that doesn't make it so.

That's my point. You can't just declare something as a fact because you think it is. Thats not how the world works. I personally disagree with the guys views, but it doesn't mean he's corrupt.

Even the article you posted says: "there is no evidence that rules have been broken."
    https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...from-oil-firm/

I don't know why you are pursuing this. Again, if you know any more you should speak to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards. That really is a better use of your time than trying to twist what I say on a football messageboard.

Now, please, back to COP26 (It's more important!)

" he obviously has an area of expertise that they are willing to pay for"

I don't think it's his brains they want.

And that’s where the hypocrisy comes in, you jumped straight to his defence while saying Greta thunberg needs scrutiny.

There’s no evidence rules have been broken but anyone with half a brain can see an MP taking a “side job” for an oil company from the Middle East getting paid £50k a year for 4 days work while he has no background in the industry and doesn’t even have a relevant degree or background.

And this man is voting on climate change issues. So it’s about as relevant as you can get. The only reason it isn’t “corruption” to his bosses is a ****ing loop hole that plenty of MP’s want to make the most of. It’s the definition of corruption.

It’s funny that you think this is muddy and grubby but are happy to defend it but think people fighting for climate change need more scrutiny.