Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v Q.P.R. Match thread

I thought Vaulks was doing well.

Does show out lack of options on the bench

We wouldn’t score in another 90 mins

Just somethings not right and I can’t put my finger on it

Real danger of being in the relegation zone if we lose Saturday as Barnsley are playing Hull at home. I don't see any easy way out for us then

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I'd say a combination of lack of pace, confidence and luck

We're playing a decent team. Not as encouraging as Saturday. But Rome wasn't built in a day. I can't help thinking how the team would look now if Morison had taken over during the international break.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We're playing a decent team. Not as encouraging as Saturday. But Rome wasn't built in a day. I can't help thinking how the team would look now if Morison had taken over during the international break.
    Tend to agree.

Frustrating goal to concede and not the best 2nd half. I think a draw would have been a fair result. That game was crying out for something from the bench but we just don’t have it.

First Half I thought was very encouraging.
    We just couldn't quite click for the final ball.

Fulham

Wins for Barnsley and Preston.

Poor second half, no urgency until the last few minutes. We passed the ball well in the first half but we are too easy to score against and don’t look like scoring, a lack of quality and pace throughout the team. Getting fed up of watching teams celebrate with their fans on our pitch at the end of every game.

Lack of energy also, most urgent in the last 5 minutes but needed that way sooner. Very comfortable half for qpr for the most part.

Nice that we passed a bit more but look so powder puff all over the pitch and of course little to no creativity.

We really need someone to come in and shake it up entirely, that's our only hope really.

QPR were a fair bit better on the ball but miles better off it.

not ideal but Mick would've made sure we had lost that 3 or 4-0, so an improvement I guess..

something definitely missing though, looking a bit more organised but we can't score goals, the three goal comeback against Stoke was a freakshow, can't see it being replicated anytime soon..

A lack of ability maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A lack of ability maybe?
    Oh God…..that didn’t take long.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Until we have a defence we have nothing
    This is the only thing that needs to be said. We can talk all day about everything else, but if we keep conceding stupid, powder puff goals week after week after ****ing week, then none of it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Lack of energy also, most urgent in the last 5 minutes but needed that way sooner. Very comfortable half for qpr for the most part.

Nice that we passed a bit more but look so powder puff all over the pitch and of course little to no creativity.

We really need someone to come in and shake it up entirely, that's our only hope really.

QPR were a fair bit better on the ball but miles better off it.
    Good point in your last sentence, I think that’s where we’ve really declined this season. I keep on thinking about Will Vaulks’ comment about us being”horrible” to play against last season, we’re anything but that this time around.

I think the only thing saving us is some decent out of contract signings before the window. 2 months for additions will be too late. I cant see anyone coming in though.

Just dont make things worse by hiring a shit manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think the only thing saving us is some decent out of contract signings before the window. 2 months for additions will be too late. I cant see anyone coming in though.

Just dont make things worse by hiring a shit manager.
    Thank goodness we've got an owner and board with a track record of appointing top managers for the situation we were in at the time.

Frustrating. Much better than under McCarthy but we are too one paced in midfield. QPR did a job on us second half, stuck a midfielder on Pack, who is too immobile, and ganged up on Colwill.

Don't quite understand why he dropped Flint for Morrison.

Tables not looking pretty at the moment. Yes we’re only a third into the season but when 19th place is already 7points away I’m very fearful this could drag on for a long time yet.
    Right in the shit we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Oh God…..that didn’t take long.
    What are you wittering about now?

A lot can change but it’s looking like three from six for relegation. Taking into FFP points deductions it’s likely to be as follows

19 Peterborough 16:15
    20 Cardiff 16:12
    21 Barnsley 16:11
    22 Reading 16:10
    23 Hull 16:9
    24 Derby 16:-4

Derby are going down and right now I think we will go with Barnsley. It’s going to be a grim season. I don’t think survival will require more than 40 points this season.

Think in time that Stoke performance will just be a case of Stoke losing their heads and not us finding ours. Can’t see us getting any higher up the table, the rot has set in.

The players we’d otherwise rely on turning the tide are some of the biggest culprits of our poor start to the season, and they have the luxury of not having to be with us next season, so why would they care? Pick up their pay packets and then move on to a new club, who will pay them better than us. This club, for the time being is finished and will need a massive restructure.

What has happened to Sean Morrison?

Totally and utterly void of any quality. It was pitiful watching Morrison, Nelson and Vaulks trying to pass the ball.

We are going down. NQAT.

This is a relegation side.

Zero pace anywhere on the pitch.

Players coming to the end of their contracts with no desire or fight.

Lack of technical ability and creativity all across the pitch.

No manager.

Kids who aren't good enough being thrown in with the hope of rescuing us when they should be incorporated gradually.