+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think we'll continue to improve as a team and I think we'll get out of trouble. Just. But then what? Who knows?
    Nice to see Morison changing the way we play, but he has to realise the limitations of our defence. To play out from the back you really need a centre back who can carry the ball and neither of Morrison, Flint or Nelson appear to be capable of that. Frankly their collective distribution is appalling, if they do occasionally find one of their teammates it usually is the man in no space and immediately closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Albany View Post
    Nice to see Morison changing the way we play, but he has to realise the limitations of our defence. To play out from the back you really need a centre back who can carry the ball and neither of Morrison, Flint or Nelson appear to be capable of that. Frankly their collective distribution is appalling, if they do occasionally find one of their teammates it usually is the man in no space and immediately closed down.
    'and immediately closed down'. That's another problem, we don't work as hard as other teams in this area.

Teams have done their homework and know our distribution from the back is shite so they press high which forces us to eventually go long (if we don't lose it!)

Pack is probably our best passer so could he be the one who starts the move, even though we have centre halves coming out of our ears, him at CH might be the best option.
    Could he be accommodated in defence but allow us to continue our newly discovered possession based pressing game ourselves?

Although I think Ralls is quite limited, he could fill the role Pack is playing at the moment as long as he stays fit.