FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 Q.P.R. Match thread

Wednesday November 3rd, ko 7:45pm
    Live on Sky Sports Football Red Button

Match Officials:

Referee: ANDY WOOLMER
    Assistants: Michael George and Bhupinder Gill
    Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Re: CARDIFF CITY v Q.P.R. Match thread

Do we know what the injury list looks like yet?
    I'd swap Evans with Harris and start Ralls ahead of Vaulks if fit.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Do we know what the injury list looks like yet?
    I'd swap Evans with Harris and start Ralls ahead of Vaulks if fit.
    ralls and pack in the middle for me,

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ralls and pack in the middle for me,
    It doesn't sound as if Ralls will be available.

Injury update

No new news. We haven’t lost anyone. James Collins is still out, nothing new. Marlon comes back into contention.

Steve Morison

Joe Ralls, how long will he be out?

He’s on a ‘let’s take each day as it comes’. It’s about his pain threshold, what he can tolerate.

He has a problem with his shoulder. There’s no long-term damage but it’s such an important part of what he does. We’ll have to manage him.

As soon as he is remotely near he’ll be letting us know. He has done bits of training but not fully at it yesterday.

Steve Morison

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-22026600

pack and bacuna then?

pack and bacuna then?
    Maybe, but the club did put Vaulks up for the pre-match press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe, but the club did put Vaulks up for the pre-match press conference.
    vaulks didn't make a single tackle or interception against Stoke according to Whoscored, was caught on the ball which led to their third goal and tends to go wandering around a bit too much when I think the position needs someone to be disciplined

vaulks didn't make a single tackle or interception against Stoke according to Whoscored, was caught on the ball which led to their third goal and tends to go wandering around a bit too much when I think the position needs someone to be disciplined
    Agree, I think we should avoid Vaulks at all costs, even if we have so many injuries we have to play his teddy bear instead.

Can we borrow some players please? We now have 12 of our 23 man senior squad out injured with Yiadom and Drinkwater the latest out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Can we borrow some players please? We now have 12 of our 23 man senior squad out injured with Yiadom and Drinkwater the latest out.
    Senior squad!!!! You’re bloody lucky, we’re selecting from the infants at the moment.

no

your latest accounts are out as well I see, slashed the wage bill from 225% of income to 211%

your latest accounts are out as well I see, slashed the wage bill from 225% of income to 211%
    We are about to be deducted nine points with a further three suspended. We have an unfit, injury destroyed squad, Odds on to go down with Derby.

really looking forward to this game, are we still crap? will we all be clamouring for Steve Morison to get the job? have the players miraculously remembered how to defend? can Moore and Harris build on their goals to develop a run of form. So many things could be answered tonight.

really looking forward to this game, are we still crap? will we all be clamouring for Steve Morison to get the job? have the players miraculously remembered how to defend? can Moore and Harris build on their goals to develop a run of form. So many things could be answered tonight.
    off soon to the spoons canton for food and non alchoholic drink got it's advantages being on the sick lol so i wiil see all later c'mon the city bloooooobirds.

Match facts

• Cardiff City have won just two of their last 12 league games against QPR (D3 L7), both home wins in 2017-18 and 2019-20.
    • Queens Park Rangers are looking to win consecutive away league matches against Cardiff for the first time since October 1932, having beaten them 1-0 last season.
    • After losing four consecutive league matches against Cardiff between 2015 and 2019, QPR manager Mark Warburton has since won each of his last three league meetings with them, winning 1-0 in this exact fixture in January earlier this year.
    • Cardiff came from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Stoke last time out, ending a run of eight straight Championship defeats.
    • After a run of five consecutive wins and one draw away from home, QPR have lost each of their last four league games on the road.

Tonight's the night! 3-1 Cardiff!

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    off soon to the spoons canton for food and non alchoholic drink got it's advantages being on the sick lol so i wiil see all later c'mon the city bloooooobirds.
    Don't go to spoons - they treat their workers like shit.

Supping in the Grange with a whiskey chaser
    After giving my tickets away for the last few games I’m really looking forward to tonight
    I’m hoping Vaulks is on the bench
    Kieron Evans to start in the middle for his home debut
    Colwill and Harris playing off Kieffer with Giles providing the balls into the box
    Strong showing from McGuiness with three at the back and I’m hoping when the team news comes out in ten minutes Chanka Zimba is on the bench
    Come on the Blooooobirds ⚽️👍

Zimba on bench.

Surprising

Zimba on the bench are my prayers answered WJ
    The kids on FIRE 🔥

I think it’s the right line up.

Could make a case for Harris but when I see him he seems to do best off the bench.

I hope the back 5 can do well , I think on form they are the best options

Would rather see Pack/Bacuna but I take it he's not fit enough to start? Interesting to see if Zimba gets a look