Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
Stuff.

More stuff.
I would like to see us playing some modern football , Mike Flynn had Newport working hard and playing reasonably well direct football.
Having watched Newport a few times recently , nothing I saw suggested Mike Flynn wouldn't be more of the same as Harris , Slade , Warnock or MM. We can forget surviving this league if we don't try and play some decent passing football.
If however we do drop down a league I think Mike Flynns experience would of course help us to stabilise as a lower league club.
I saw half a dozen games on ifollow last season and I think comparing the football he plays to MM or NW is harsh.

He isn't someone who is obsessed with tiki-taka possesion based football, but his side didn't play hoofball either.

A lot of people appear to be in favour of Morsion getting a run, even till the end of the season. Flynn would be a step up on Morison. If I had to bet my life on either one of these two keeping us up I'd go with Flynn every time.

I was thinking about people who'd fit the profile and came up with another couple of names .... a bit leftfield ..... Roy Hodgson was one and Philip Cocu the other. I wouldn't be blown away by either, but working within the rigid reqwuirements of VT I'd be more interested in these guys than maybe Steve Bruce or Alan Pardew.