+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If you had to bet your life on Flynn or Mick McCarthy keeping us up prior to the run we've just had I'm sure almost everyone would pick McCarthy
    Goes to show how clueless lots of football fans are doesn't it.

Latest odds from Skybet:

Michael Flynn 11/8
    Craig Bellamy 3/1
    Jody Morris 7/1
    Chris Hughton 9/1
    Steve Morison 9/1
    Chris Wilder 10/1
    Anthony Barry 12/1
    Michael Beale 12/1
    Neil Harris 16/1
    Michael Appleton 20/1
    Roy Keane 20/1

Bellamy on the move! Flynn slipped a bit.

Walesonline did an article yesterday backing Bellamy. Probably a string of bets followed.

I reckon the board havent a clue who they want.

Still good to see Flynn is no longer odds on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Walesonline did an article yesterday backing Bellamy. Probably a string of bets followed.

Bellamy would be a brilliant choice.
    Even more brilliant because it would drive some people apoplectic.

Houghton or Flynn ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Houghton or Flynn ?
    If u mean Chris Hughton. Then Hughton.

If u mean Chris Hughton. Then Hughton.
    Fkin ell. You really dont like Flynn do you.

I don't think Flynn would be has bad has people make out..
    Not my first choice but i can't understand the hate.
    Many slag him off but then name Houghton or Bellamy who has never managed at league level.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Many slag him off but then name Houghton or Bellamy who has never managed at league level.
    Hughton is 100x the manager Flynn is

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He was garbage at Forest. Flynn has never had a chance to manage at an higher level but that don't mean he would fail here..

He was garbage at Forest. Flynn has never had a chance to manage at an higher level but that don't mean he would fail here..
    I wonder why

I don't want either, but if it came down to Hughton or Flynn I'd take Hughton all day, they aren't even worth comparing.

Honestly, you deserve the shite that this club shovels you if you believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    So, you're asking Eric why he wants you to explain why he asked you to explain why you don't like him yeah?....

Why?
    Where?

I remember a time when people used to have reasons for doing or saying things. Modern times are much easier. You can just say stuff.
    I have a reason. Why do I need to give it?

It's the same type of football.

Bellamy may not have managed, but he is also not a long ball merchant which is what people are asking to move on from.

Honestly, you deserve the shite that this club shovels you if you believe that.
    You have to be related to him or something

Please keep the same enthusiasm for Flynn and his managerial ability when he’s managing some random league 2 club 👍

Fkin ell. You really dont like Flynn do you.
    Mike nothing to do with like. But Hughton has a far better CV than you.

Hopefully you get Barnsley.......or more realistically Merthyr or Barry.

You have to be related to him or something

Please keep the same enthusiasm for Flynn and his managerial ability when he’s managing some random league 2 club 👍
    You and Hilts (and few others) are the weird ones that despite knowing next to nothing about the guy seem to have some sort of superiority complex about the fact he only managed in that there stinky League Two. It comes across as snobby.

It was the same with the fellas on CCPI last week. They know nothing about league two football (and I'd say football more generally) or MF yet seem to think Morison is less of a risk. It's just dumb.

It's not even the fact I think Mike Flynn is the second coming or anything, it's just the fact that you'd prefer some conked out old cockney fella over a fellow South Walian whose obviously (if you can take your blinkers off for a second) got enough about him to make County a top 8 side for the last few seasons despite having ZERO pounds.

It'll be funny if Rowberry is managing them when they play us in League One next season against Steve Morisons mighty blues. ........ BTW they missed another trick there..... Rowberry would've been a better choice than Morison. The guy was one of the youngest to get his Uefa Pro licence. Morison has managed the U23s for a season.

I can't work out whether you have some hidden agenda, or if it's just snobbiness.

Mike nothing to do with like. But Hughton has a far better CV than you.

Hopefully you get Barnsley.......or more realistically Merthyr or Barry.
    Mate, go and spend sometime with your kids or something instead of trying to troll me on internet. Take a break bro.

You and Hilts (and few others) are the weird ones that despite knowing next to nothing about the guy seem to have some sort of superiority complex about the fact he only managed in that there stinky League Two. It comes across as snobby.

It was the same with the fellas on CCPI last week. They know nothing about league two football (and I'd say football more generally) or MF yet seem to think Morison is less of a risk. It's just dumb.

It's not even the fact I think Mike Flynn is the second coming or anything, it's just the fact that you'd prefer some conked out old cockney fella over a fellow South Walian whose obviously (if you can take your blinkers off for a second) got enough about him to make County a top 8 side for the last few seasons despite having ZERO pounds.

It'll be funny if Rowberry is managing them when they play us in League One next season against Steve Morisons mighty blues. ........ BTW they missed another trick there..... Rowberry would've been a better choice than Morison. The guy was one of the youngest to get his Uefa Pro licence. Morison has managed the U23s for a season.

I can't work out whether you have some hidden agenda, or if it's just snobbiness.
    Dry your eyes mate

There’s no hidden agenda, I don’t want him as manager simple as that. He’s cut from the same cloth as Slade and Trollope and Id rather we aim a little higher. Sorry if that upsets you

Also wtf has him being a “fellow south walian” have to do with our manager search? Should we shortlist Pulis too?

Dry your eyes mate

There’s no hidden agenda, I don’t want him as manager simple as that. He’s cut from the same cloth as Slade and Trollope and Id rather we aim a little higher. Sorry if that upsets you

Also wtf has him being a “fellow south walian” have to do with our manager search? Should we shortlist Pulis too?
    Stop showing off and express yourself like an adult. This is not the school playground.

"simple as that" is always a good way to justify something.

Why a South Walian ? That's like a plastic saying to you "why do you supprt Cardiff". It's about identity .... but if you don't get that then Im not gonna bother explaining.

Stop showing off and express yourself like an adult. This is not the school playground.

Why a South Walian ? That's like a plastic saying to you "why do you supprt Cardiff". It's about identity .... but if you don't get that then Im not gonna bother explaining.
    What does a Liverpool fan from Newport have to do with the identity of Cardiff? Surely if that's what you're judging this on you'd rather Steve Morison kept the job along with the co-manager, Welsh-speaking Cardiff boy Tom Ramasut?

But he did well in most other clubs, sometimes you just don’t fit happens all the time, howe at Burnley, Jones at Stoke, Jose at Man Utd, nuno at Spurs, Emery at Arsenal, moyes at Sunderland you can go on and on….

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What does a Liverpool fan from Newport have to do with the identity of Cardiff? Surely if that's what you're judging this on you'd rather Steve Morison kept the job along with the co-manager, Welsh-speaking Cardiff boy Tom Ramasut?
    Flynn is Welsh. Newport is hardly a million miles from Cardiff (culturally and metrically speaking).

Steve Morison's nan was born in Tredegar. I don't have an opinion on Ramasut but it's nice to have a welsh speaker onboard.

I'm not against Morison but I find it bewildering that people can be so enthusiastic about Morison yet doubt Flynn on the basis of his experience in the game.

I'm open to debate on the merits of hiring someone like Flynn. I just can't stand people who don't have reasons or lack the knowledge to back up their flimsy opinions.

Stop getting emotional over my choice of not wanting Flynn it’s weird.

He’s similar to the likes of Trollope and Slade, lower league unspectacular journeymen who wouldn’t get a look in at this level by anyone else.

As for him being welsh it means nothing to me, the clubs “identity” should be displayed through academy lads making it to the first team, where they were born has no effect on me.