+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Stuff.

More stuff.
    I would like to see us playing some modern football , Mike Flynn had Newport working hard and playing reasonably well direct football.
    Having watched Newport a few times recently , nothing I saw suggested Mike Flynn wouldn't be more of the same as Harris , Slade , Warnock or MM. We can forget surviving this league if we don't try and play some decent passing football.
    If however we do drop down a league I think Mike Flynns experience would of course help us to stabilise as a lower league club.
    I saw half a dozen games on ifollow last season and I think comparing the football he plays to MM or NW is harsh.

He isn't someone who is obsessed with tiki-taka possesion based football, but his side didn't play hoofball either.

A lot of people appear to be in favour of Morsion getting a run, even till the end of the season. Flynn would be a step up on Morison. If I had to bet my life on either one of these two keeping us up I'd go with Flynn every time.

I was thinking about people who'd fit the profile and came up with another couple of names .... a bit leftfield ..... Roy Hodgson was one and Philip Cocu the other. I wouldn't be blown away by either, but working within the rigid reqwuirements of VT I'd be more interested in these guys than maybe Steve Bruce or Alan Pardew.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I saw half a dozen games on ifollow last season and I think comparing the football he plays to MM or NW is harsh.

He isn't someone who is obsessed with tiki-taka possesion based football, but his side didn't play hoofball either.

A lot of people appear to be in favour of Morsion getting a run, even till the end of the season. Flynn would be a step up on Morison. If I had to bet my life on either one of these two keeping us up I'd go with Flynn every time.

I was thinking about people who'd fit the profile and came up with another couple of names .... a bit leftfield ..... Roy Hodgson was one and Philip Cocu the other. I wouldn't be blown away by either, but working within the rigid reqwuirements of VT I'd be more interested in these guys than maybe Steve Bruce or Alan Pardew.
    If you had to bet your life on Flynn or Mick McCarthy keeping us up prior to the run we've just had I'm sure almost everyone would pick McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If you had to bet your life on Flynn or Mick McCarthy keeping us up prior to the run we've just had I'm sure almost everyone would pick McCarthy
    Goes to show how clueless lots of football fans are doesn't it.