+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: If we appoint Michael Flynn

  1. #101

    Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Flynn is Welsh. Newport is hardly a million miles from Cardiff (culturally and metrically speaking).

    Steve Morison's nan was born in Tredegar. I don't have an opinion on Ramasut but it's nice to have a welsh speaker onboard.

    I'm not against Morison but I find it bewildering that people can be so enthusiastic about Morison yet doubt Flynn on the basis of his experience in the game.

    I'm open to debate on the merits of hiring someone like Flynn. I just can't stand people who don't have reasons or lack the knowledge to back up their flimsy opinions.
    To me Flynn is no worse than Bellamy who alot have said they want despite no league experience.
    Morison only has u23 experience.
    Houghton is past his sell by date he's finished..

  2. #102

    Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Flynn is Welsh. Newport is hardly a million miles from Cardiff (culturally and metrically speaking).

    Steve Morison's nan was born in Tredegar. I don't have an opinion on Ramasut but it's nice to have a welsh speaker onboard.

    I'm not against Morison but I find it bewildering that people can be so enthusiastic about Morison yet doubt Flynn on the basis of his experience in the game.

    I'm open to debate on the merits of hiring someone like Flynn. I just can't stand people who don't have reasons or lack the knowledge to back up their flimsy opinions.
    I'm enthused by the was we have started ti play better football.

    I think flyyn plays shite football.

    There, I've backed up my flimsy opinion with reasoning.

  3. #103

    Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

    He’s similar to the likes of Trollope and Slade, lower league unspectacular journeymen who wouldn’t get a look in at this level by anyone else.
    Mate, you don't have the knowledge to judge the guy. You're talking out of your arse.

    You say you'd prefer Hughton. Hughton is equally as retrograde as Trollope, Slade and Pullis. His football is dull and he is hit and miss. Did well in patches at Brum and Brighton but was crap in his other jobs. He is also in his early/mid sixties.

    BTW, if MF is anywhere near as succesful as Pullis he won't have done half bad. Tony Pullis did very well at Stoke.

    You are obviously entitled to your choices, but at least do a little research if you want to contribute to a debate on a forum, otherwise people might call you out on it.

  4. #104

    Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

    I think flyyn plays shite football.
    Firstly, well done.

    Secondly, how many County games have you seen ? Go on, be honest.

    Thirdly, I'm not against Morison. It's good that our fans are enthused. You should however be prepared for the possibility of League One next season though, as hiring Morison would be a long term thing as I see it. There is absolutely no guarantee, and nothing to suggest from the last two games (results-wise) that he would definitely keep us up. He's an unknown quantity.

    I imagine your retort will be that MF is also an unknown quantity at this level, but managing four or five season and stabilising a club with no money (which would be his exact remit if he came to us) does give him slightly more credibility than managing the u23s for a season.

    With regards to managing at u23s vs managing in League Two, from what I understand, there is a big difference, at least in terms of the standard on the pitch and the pressure that come with it. That's why almost every successful academy player in the PL has had a stint in the lower leagues. It's real football. I imagine that as a manager, the kind of things you have to deal with at a League Two club are more similar to managing a Championship side than if you were going from U23s to managing a Championship side. But that is speculative.

    In terms of MFs style. Maybe it isn't as dynamic as what Morison has been doing at the U23s but it is not the hoofball that McCarthy and Warnock dish out. Nowhere near it. I've seen them play maybe 5 times over the last couple of seasons and the football wasn't bad. It was mostly on the floor stuff.

  5. #105

    Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

    Talksport have said Flynn is at the game...

  6. #106

    Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Mate, you don't have the knowledge to judge the guy. You're talking out of your arse.

    You say you'd prefer Hughton. Hughton is equally as retrograde as Trollope, Slade and Pullis. His football is dull and he is hit and miss. Did well in patches at Brum and Brighton but was crap in his other jobs. He is also in his early/mid sixties.

    BTW, if MF is anywhere near as succesful as Pullis he won't have done half bad. Tony Pullis did very well at Stoke.

    You are obviously entitled to your choices, but at least do a little research if you want to contribute to a debate on a forum, otherwise people might call you out on it.
    Are you the CCMB internet police bouncing around threads calling out lack of ball knowledge? Get some fresh air you goon

    All I said is I don't want the guy, on paper he's worse than Trollope and Slade and they are two managers I did not want, I don't want Pulis or Hughton either so I don't know why you mentioned them.

    You're desperate for me to say Flynn plays shit football, I've watched County about 4 times in the last 4 years and it isn't fair to judge his style however he just doesn't impress me, continue to work yourself up over myself and others not wanting him if you must but you won't change my mind nor do I know why you care so much.

  7. #107

    Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Firstly, well done.

    Secondly, how many County games have you seen ? Go on, be honest.

    Thirdly, I'm not against Morison. It's good that our fans are enthused. You should however be prepared for the possibility of League One next season though, as hiring Morison would be a long term thing as I see it. There is absolutely no guarantee, and nothing to suggest from the last two games (results-wise) that he would definitely keep us up. He's an unknown quantity.

    I imagine your retort will be that MF is also an unknown quantity at this level, but managing four or five season and stabilising a club with no money (which would be his exact remit if he came to us) does give him slightly more credibility than managing the u23s for a season.

    With regards to managing at u23s vs managing in League Two, from what I understand, there is a big difference, at least in terms of the standard on the pitch and the pressure that come with it. That's why almost every successful academy player in the PL has had a stint in the lower leagues. It's real football. I imagine that as a manager, the kind of things you have to deal with at a League Two club are more similar to managing a Championship side than if you were going from U23s to managing a Championship side. But that is speculative.

    In terms of MFs style. Maybe it isn't as dynamic as what Morison has been doing at the U23s but it is not the hoofball that McCarthy and Warnock dish out. Nowhere near it. I've seen them play maybe 5 times over the last couple of seasons and the football wasn't bad. It was mostly on the floor stuff.
    I'm not arsed if we go down.

    County fans say they played direct under him, I've seen games on TV. Why do I need to have seen X amount of games to need to know what style of football played? We're the games I saw, and the ones county fans commented on different, and on all other occasions he's played like 70s Brazil?

    I do not want another long ball manager at Cardiff, that's about as sime as it is for me, you keep typing away trying to second guess my retorts etc, but that's about the long and short of it for me, I'm fed up.of shite long ball football

  8. #108

    Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not arsed if we go down.

    County fans say they played direct under him, I've seen games on TV. Why do I need to have seen X amount of games to need to know what style of football played? We're the games I saw, and the ones county fans commented on different, and on all other occasions he's played like 70s Brazil?

    I do not want another long ball manager at Cardiff, that's about as sime as it is for me, you keep typing away trying to second guess my retorts etc, but that's about the long and short of it for me, I'm fed up.of shite long ball football
    So am I. It's fckin awful.

    I don't think Flynn would play that football from what I've seen.

    There is a difference between direct football and long ball football.

    The last game I saw County play was away against Southend at the end of last season and generally speaking they played on the floor.

    I don't think the board will go for him anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •