+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If we appoint Michael Flynn

If we appoint Michael Flynn

I didn’t watch Newport much, just the odd play off appearance they made on sky but what sort of football did they play under Flynn?

What can we expect?

Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    I didn’t watch Newport much, just the odd play off appearance they made on sky but what sort of football did they play under Flynn?

What can we expect?
    They played more football than we have over the last few seasons.

I think Newport’s approach under Flynn was dictated by their awful pitch much of the time. I always thought they were quite direct much of the time, including in many of their giantkilling wins, but last season they were thought of much more of a footballing side.

This story suggests that Flynn is far from a certainty- seems some in the club’s hierarchy (Dalman given his comments on Morison?) favour a more experienced option with Paul Warne of Rotherham being considered.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...sider-22032058

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This story suggests that Flynn is far from a certainty- seems some in the club’s hierarchy (Dalman given his comments on Morison?) favour a more experienced option with Paul Warne of Rotherham being considered.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...sider-22032058
    I’ve little faith in our board to get it right….Morrison could do well and they might still overlook him.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’ve little faith in our board to get it right….Morrison could do well and they might still overlook him.
    i hope that Morrison does well enough to take the decision out if the board's hands.

If they're going to appoint Flynn, then why give Morison three games? Flynn was available, and could have walked straight into the job. In fact, bearing in mind the Board must have known that they were going to sack McCarthy, they could have had Flynn in place a few weeks ago. I don't think he's going to get it. And as much as I admire him, I'll be pleased if he doesn't. I don't think he's right for us.

If we had a decent side we could afford to experiment but in our position now it needs to be someone with a bit of experience. I don’t think this job is for a newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    i hope that Morrison does well enough to take the decision out if the board's hands.
    Me too. I'm hoping to see us play well on Wednesday at home.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    If they're going to appoint Flynn, then why give Morison three games? Flynn was available, and could have walked straight into the job. In fact, bearing in mind the Board must have known that they were going to sack McCarthy, they could have had Flynn in place a few weeks ago. I don't think he's going to get it. And as much as I admire him, I'll be pleased if he doesn't. I don't think he's right for us.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    If we had a decent side we could afford to experiment but in our position now it needs to be someone with a bit of experience. I don’t think this job is for a newcomer.
    Exactly my point that's why I think Steve Morison should get first shout. He knows the players and that's a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Agree.

Things in his favor-

Young.
    Cheap.
    Local.
    Saved County from relegation.
    Worked wonders with no money.
    Available.

Against.

Inexperienced at this level.

I would have preferred Cooper but Flynn would be in my top five (realistic) options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Exactly my point that's why I think Steve Morison should get first shout. He knows the players and that's a big plus.
    Lets roll the dice and give Morrison till xmas .

Imagine free flowing, quick, passing football.... Like other teams do...

Banned

We are a 2nd division side in the best league in the world

Why are we even being linked with a division 4 manager?

I'm working away in Brighton and drove up to Guildford last weds to watch cardiff devils play.
    What a game, the most thrilled and excited I've been watching live sport for a long time.

Footballs crap, cardiffs crap, boring as fack in comparison.
    90 mins of gumf

Fack Brian flynns love child

Think that would relegate me to "looking out for our scores on flashscores" level fan.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Things in his favor-

Young.
    Cheap.
    Local.
    Saved County from relegation.
    Worked wonders with no money.
    Available.

Against.

Inexperienced at this level.

I would have preferred Cooper but Flynn would be in my top five (realistic) options.
    How does him saving a d4 team count in his favour with regards to us?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Agree. Young cheap local available are hardly great arguments plus im sure there are others who have done better with no money.

Appointing Flynn would be a shocker.

If we appointed Flynn it would remind me of the mid-eighties when several players, such as Terry Boyle, David Giles, Chris Marustik and Nigel Vaughan for example, would move around the Welsh clubs and English border clubs, every couple of seasons, just because it seemed more convenient than going further afield.
    Just because Flynn is local and available doesn't mean he's right.

City need 2 managers - one to keep them up, the other to spend the close season recruiting [if allowed] and developing a completely different playing model and style. Maybe Flynn until end of season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Lets roll the dice and give Morrison till xmas .

Imagine free flowing, quick, passing football.... Like other teams do...
    Including Cardiff City's other teams, largely thanks to Morison.

So would people feel better about Flynn if he had managed Crawley?

Don’t get it myself, yes he was only a manager at Newport, but he was that club’s most successful since Len Ashurst in the late seventies/early eighties for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So would people feel better about Flynn if he had managed Crawley?

Don’t get it myself, yes he was only a manager at Newport, but he was that club’s most successful since Len Ashurst in the late seventies/early eighties for me.

Would you prefer Flynn to Morrison ?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It’s obvious isn’t it? We are in a relegation fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If we appointed Flynn it would remind me of the mid-eighties when several players, such as Terry Boyle, David Giles, Chris Marustik and Nigel Vaughan for example, would move around the Welsh clubs and English border clubs, every couple of seasons, just because it seemed more convenient than going further afield.
    Just because Flynn is local and available doesn't mean he's right.
    No. I think the other points you ignored are more pertinent….he can get results with zero resources.

Like I’ve said before, you people have had to put up with McCarthy, Harris and Warnock football…..you should be on your hands and knees begging for someone like Flynn.