+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    No. I think the other points you ignored are more pertinent….he can get results with zero resources.

Like I’ve said before, you people have had to put up with McCarthy, Harris and Warnock football…..you should be on your hands and knees begging for someone like Flynn.
    😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So would people feel better about Flynn if he had managed Crawley?

Don’t get it myself, yes he was only a manager at Newport, but he was that club’s most successful since Len Ashurst in the late seventies/early eighties for me.
    No one would even know who he is if he managed Crawley. I really can’t wait until we appoint someone that isn’t Flynn and Flynn can manage some random league 2 club and we can all stop having this debate. I wonder if Barnsley fans are clamouring for him

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    No one would even know who he is if he managed Crawley. I really can’t wait until we appoint someone that isn’t Flynn and Flynn can manage some random league 2 club and we can all stop having this debate. I wonder if Barnsley fans are clamouring for him
    If the Crawley manager had a record like Flynn's at Newport I think they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Would you prefer Flynn to Morrison ?
    I'd prefer Beale, but would not be too bothered about Flynn or Morison being appointed. My one worry with Morison would be that we're reading too much into not a great deal of experience at Under 23 level and one game at senior level. In his favour, I'd say we looked far more of a threat going forward at Stoke and I liked the lack of hoofball, but, I'd didn't see any improvement in our defending or in our closing down of players within thirty yards of goal - I would have thought these would have been a priority for any one taking over from McCarthy.

I'd prefer Beale, but would not be too bothered about Flynn or Morison being appointed. My one worry with Morison would be that we're reading too much into not a great deal of experience at Under 23 level and one game at senior level. In his favour, I'd say we looked far more of a threat going forward at Stoke and I liked the lack of hoofball, but, I'd didn't see any improvement in our defending or in our closing down of players within thirty yards of goal - I would have thought these would have been a priority for any one taking over from McCarthy.
    I agree. There were still far too many bad habits. If the goalie hadn't blundered, perhaps we would have lost 5-0 who knows. If we lose tomorrow this clamour for Morison may die down. I hope he goes from strength to strength but way too early to be calling for him to take the job.

If the Crawley manager had a record like Flynn's at Newport I think they would.
    I really doubt it. I rarely see our fans want lower league managers. No one wanted Slade for example

I really doubt it. I rarely see our fans want lower league managers. No one wanted Slade for example
    Many of them have also baulked at Swansea when they've gone for unfashionable and inexperienced managers.

I was answering you about fans not having heard about Crawley's manager - if they had a record in the cups like Flynn's Newport did, I think he'd be recognised nationally. I'm not saying a majority of our fans want him, because I don't think that's true even if I wouldn't be too upset if we appointed him.

It’s obvious isn’t it? We are in a relegation fight.
    I know an amateur league manager that's done the same.

He currently works for free.

Let's really cut back on costs, it's it's same thing isn't it.

No. I think the other points you ignored are more pertinent….he can get results with zero resources.

Like I’ve said before, you people have had to put up with McCarthy, Harris and Warnock football…..you should be on your hands and knees begging for someone like Flynn.
    Oh come on now, I'm not as against Flynn as some people but the idea we should be on our hands and knees begging for him to take over is ridiculous and you know it

Would you be as interested in Flynn if he had managed Harrogate Town or Morecambe?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Many of them have also baulked at Swansea when they've gone for unfashionable and inexperienced managers.
    Swansea's recent appointments have been more in line with hiring someone like Beale. Even Russell Martin was managing in League 1!

Would Swansea even think about offering the job to Flynn? I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Swansea's recent appointments have been more in line with hiring someone like Beale. Even Russell Martin was managing in League 1!

Would Swansea even think about offering the job to Flynn? I doubt it
    Flynn doesn't do the Swansea way, so no.

With regard the whole division thing, suppose 21 years ago we were a Championship side and we wanted to buy Gabbidon and Earnshaw from a League 2 side. Would you take a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Flynn doesn't do the Swansea way, so no.

With regard the whole division thing, suppose 21 years ago we were a Championship side and we wanted to buy Gabbidon and Earnshaw from a League 2 side. Would you take a chance?
    Neither did that refs son from Ponty...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Neither did that refs son from Ponty...
    You could argue that Potter didn't either. Point being that Swansea were keen on a return to a more possession and passing game. It's why Martin was hired.

My “under” will never have been so “whelmed”

Accoring to allegations by posters elsewhere maybe Flynn won't be our next manager?
    Surely people wouldn't make these up

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Accoring to allegations by posters elsewhere maybe Flynn won't be our next manager?
    Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Clickbait

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Obsessed
    It's news regarding our search for a manager

😂😂😂😂

Give Morrison the job till xmas. We will know by then if he has improved the squad enough.

So would people feel better about Flynn if he had managed Crawley?

Don’t get it myself, yes he was only a manager at Newport, but he was that club’s most successful since Len Ashurst in the late seventies/early eighties for me.
    No.

Id feel better about him if hed won a promotion somewhere or had a team known for great football or had a rep for bringing through some good young players.

Saving County from relegation and losing play L2 play offs (think Kenny Hibbitt achieved that) and using resources to sign 41 year olds doesnt make me think he should be near the job.

Hes the last person I want as manager on all those in the betting. I actually would prefer Sol Campbell to him.

You people?

What does that mean?
    If they give the job to Flynn I doubt it will entice me back next season . More hard working dirge football.

I personally think that we should leave the job with Morison for eight games and only only then search elsewhere if he fails miserably.

His work with the youngsters and their recent success suggests to me that he will be looking to blood a few and hopefully they can step up to the plate, after which time it will then become clear whether or not have the young players who can hack it.

Of course he may stick with the majority of what we have in the first team but playing a different brand than we have been used to of late, in the hope of getting the best from them.

There is also the fact it will be cheaper keeping SM where he is than getting Flynn in which I'm sure will appeal to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.

Id feel better about him if hed won a promotion somewhere or had a team known for great football or had a rep for bringing through some good young players.

Saving County from relegation and losing play L2 play offs (think Kenny Hibbitt achieved that) and using resources to sign 41 year olds doesnt make me think he should be near the job.

Hes the last person I want as manager on all those in the betting. I actually would prefer Sol Campbell to him.
    All of those giant killing acts count for nothing then?