+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Queen

Re: The Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Speaking of such people, I'm currently listening to a BBC Radio podcast about David Koresh and his Waco project. Interesting stuff.
    Taunton, I've recently worked with young adults who had grown up in a 'cult'... Horrific stuff. Very Waco like... The director is a US missionary... Very creepy. Could tell you things that would make your hair fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Taunton, I've recently worked with young adults who had grown up in a 'cult'... Horrific stuff. Very Waco like... The director is a US missionary... Very creepy. Could tell you things that would make your hair fall out.
    ..unless you're bald.

we all go some time even the most pampered on the planet

Incredible woman at 95 still wanting to get about , country will greatly miss this lady when she sadly passes .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Incredible woman at 95 still wanting to get about , country will greatly miss this lady when she sadly passes .
    anybody that passes is sad...but ..get a grip

Well her family will and royalists

It will be just another life coming to an end as far as a lot of people are concerned

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

It will be just another life coming to an end as far as a lot of people are concerned
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Correct, I'm sad to see anyone go at any age but beyond that I don't know this woman personally so it won't make any difference to me. If Carol Vorderman popped her clogs on the other hand Id miss her boobs.

The recent royals live to a fair old age don’t they, no visible signs of age related problems either it seems. The Queen Mother, Prince Philip, the Duke of Kent (86), Duchess of Kent (88), Princess Alexandra (84) etc. Their kids all seem to be going strong too.

Prince Charles & Princess Anne could have lived on free booze if the old sarcastic plaques behind bars stating ‘Free Beer For Pensioners Accompanied By Both Parents’ was adhered to.

Are they on different medication to the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The recent royals live to a fair old age don’t they, no visible signs of age related problems either it seems. The Queen Mother, Prince Philip, the Duke of Kent (86), Duchess of Kent (88), Princess Alexandra (84) etc. Their kids all seem to be going strong too.

Prince Charles & Princess Anne could have lived on free booze if the old sarcastic plaques behind bars stating ‘Free Beer For Pensioners Accompanied By Both Parents’ was adhered to.

Are they on different medication to the rest of us
    Easier lives than the rest of us plus the best healthcare you could hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Correct, I'm sad to see anyone go at any age but beyond that I don't know this woman personally so it won't make any difference to me. If Carol Vorderman popped her clogs on the other hand Id miss her boobs.
    Whilst the majority of her body will decompose following her demise, I think her boobs could survive a long while afterwards.

It is one of the reasons god save the queen is such a bad anthem.

It is basically a song asking an imaginary friend to keep an old lady alive! I am sure the queen is lovely and don't wish ill on her, but if I had to list in order people I don't want to die, she would be considerably down the list when compared to family, friends, loved ones, scientists, doctors, etc.

Possible bank holiday ?

Just trying to cheer the proceedings up.

These royal women are stalwarts mind, in the last 178 years God Save The Queen has been the dirge for 132 of them yet only two queens as opposed to four kings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whilst the majority of her body will decompose following her demise, I think her boobs could survive a long while afterwards.
    I believe she's leaving her boobs in a will to a local charity so they can construct a bouncy castle in her memory called Vordabounce.

I believe she's leaving her boobs in a will to a local charity so they can construct a bouncy castle in her memory called Vordabounce.
    I'm glad charities are involved to help those who Cantavordabounce

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I understand that she has an HGV license.

She’s probably doubling up as a Tesco driver which is why she’s not around for the v guys. She finishes her shifts on Saturday so she’ll be back in Buck house on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Possible bank holiday ?

Just trying to cheer the proceedings up.
    On the downside, we'll be unable to watch anything on tv other than funeral coverage, and endless interviews of people who knew her..or met her... or saw her once when she was driven past some obscure village..

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    On the downside, we'll be unable to watch anything on tv other than funeral coverage, and endless interviews of people who knew her..or met her... or saw her once when she was driven past some obscure village..
    And wall-to-wall Nicholas Witchell. Buck House carpet-bombed with bouquets. Fawning and obsequiousness all around. People speaking 'on behalf of the British public' etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And wall-to-wall Nicholas Witchell. Buck House carpet-bombed with bouquets. Fawning and obsequiousness all around. People speaking 'on behalf of the British public' etc.
    I saw Jennie Bond on the tv the other day. Maybe they're bringing her out of retirement to give Nicholas Witchell and much of the British public a break.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    It is one of the reasons god save the queen is such a bad anthem.

It is basically a song asking an imaginary friend to keep an old lady alive! I am sure the queen is lovely and don't wish ill on her, but if I had to list in order people I don't want to die, she would be considerably down the list when compared to family, friends, loved ones, scientists, doctors, etc.
    I suppose once upon a time, when a monarch died, there would often be various competing parties trying to be the next in power - which could sometimes lead to us ordinary folk getting caught in their machinations, so there may have been good reason to hope the reigning monarch kept on clinging on.

Dont watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Dont watch it.
    When the Duke of Ed died, the BBC hijacked Radio stations 1 to 5 and simultaneously broadcast the identical hours-long eulogy on each of the stations. That was very much OTT and this Taunton-based 'gammon' wrote in to the broadcasting organisation (that I actually have a lot of respect for). It's fair enough that some people want to consume that stuff but there are millions who are ambivalent, old fruit

Get IPTV 👍 I sailed through Philip's wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Get IPTV �� I sailed through Philip's wake.
    Very nautical.