+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Lateral Flow Tests

Day 2 Lateral Flow Tests

Anyone returned to Wales from abroad in last week or so.

Who did you book with?

Re: Day 2 Lateral Flow Tests

Cheapest I could actually get was randox using BA code, about £25 I think.

are they the same ones as they hand out in the schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Anyone returned to Wales from abroad in last week or so.

Who did you book with?
    Randox. Was very easy, if entirely pointless. But I'm in England and there is a drop box near my wife's office so works for us.

Avoid chronomics like the plague. Utterly incompetent

Booked ours with Eurofins in the Asda car park opposite the stadium (although we had to do PCRS as arrived back from holiday last week). They were cheap enough though, turned up, did the test and results back next morning. Probably a lot simpler now laterals are only required.

I’ve booked with Cronomics again, used them a month or so ago for Day 2 on return home. Used them again for an upcoming trip, £37.98 for two.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Randox. Was very easy, if entirely pointless. But I'm in England and there is a drop box near my wife's office so works for us.

I’ve used both Randox & Chronomics, good service off both, Chronomics cheaper then and cheaper again now.

Did a Day 2 PCR via Randox as there is a drop box outside the travel agents down the road. Result in 24 hours. Easy to do. Their LFTs were £24 last time I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

I used Randox for Day 2 PCR and they were fine. Drop box is in Cathedral Road.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve booked with Cronomics again, used them a month or so ago for Day 2 on return home. Used them again for an upcoming trip, £37.98 for two.
    Chronomics is still £18.99 per test. I'll book two of those. They are complete at home tests. Better than the £68 each I paid in September.

Cheers

Chronomics is still £18.99 per test. I'll book two of those. They are complete at home tests. Better than the £68 each I paid in September.

Cheers
    We used them after coming back from Corfu the other week, no problem. Immediate email with the ref no. for the plf form.

I thought they were all finished with?

I paid £70 coming back from Spain twice last month

I am hopefully going to Malta in 14 days time , if we don't have any border closures etc.

are these just normal LFT's ? ? ? as can't you just grab them from the chemist in Wales ? ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I thought they were all finished with?

I paid £70 coming back from Spain twice last month

I am hopefully going to Malta in 14 days time , if we don't have any border closures etc.
    It’s the test within 48 hours of returning to the UK that’s been done away with but you still need to fill in the plf to return. You need to order your two days after arriving home test before you go away. A reference number will be mailed to you which you enter on your plf, the test kit should be delivered to you by the time you get home and you do the test 48 hours after getting home. How you return the test to the provider depends on who you use but the instructions are quite simple.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    are these just normal LFT's ? ? ? as can't you just grab them from the chemist in Wales ? ??

Has to be a recognised outlet, even though you do the test yourself as you do the ones you obtain from the chemist it’s the reference number that they email to you that needs to be entered on your return to the UK plf.

It’s the test within 48 hours of returning to the UK that’s been done away with but you still need to fill in the plf to return. You need to order your two days after arriving home test before you go away. A reference number will be mailed to you which you enter on your plf, the test kit should be delivered to you by the time you get home and you do the test 48 hours after getting home. How you return the test to the provider depends on who you use but the instructions are quite simple.
    Yeah I had to do them on coming back from Spain .
    What you have said doesn't really make sense Steve?

Yeah I had to do them on coming back from Spain .
    What you have said doesn't really make sense Steve?
    You don’t need to do a test before coming home now but you need to do the day two test on your return. Before you had to do the two.

You don’t need to do a test before coming home now but you need to do the day two test on your return. Before you had to do the two.
    got it

Banned

Day 2 test getting scrapped now isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Not at the moment, we’re away on Friday and it’s on the up to date ‘to do’ list that we’ve had from P & O. The cost of the test has reduced in price considerably though. These rules only apply to those who’ve been double jabbed though, if you haven’t I think you need to jump through a few more hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Day 2 PCR scrapped to be replaced with Day 2 paid for LFT.

I’m going to Spain on Monday. Basically, over and above the usually passport/boarding pass, I need

Double Jab proof from NHS
    Completed Spanish passenger locator form

While I’m in Spain masks indoors / public transport, NHS form for entry to bars/restaurants/venues

To return

Pre book day 2 lateral flow test
    uk passenger locator form which can only be submitted with the booking ref from the lateral flow test booking. Hence why you can’t just use a free one.
    Complete test when you get home on day 2

Not so complicated once it’s done. When abroad the NHS passes are properly scanned to enter venues, not barely glanced at like down the City last week.

I’m going to Spain on Monday. Basically, over and above the usually passport/boarding pass, I need

While I’m in Spain masks indoors / public transport, NHS form for entry to bars/restaurants/venues

To return

uk passenger locator form which can only be submitted with the booking ref from the lateral flow test booking. Hence why you can’t just use a free one.

Not so complicated once it’s done. When abroad the NHS passes are properly scanned to enter venues, not barely glanced at like down the City last week.
    You don't need your NHS thing to enter venues in Spain, especially Bars and Restaurants. Mask until you get to your table then take it off.

If they see spikes, that's the measure they'll take bit for now it's okay. Think it's close to 90% double jabbed.

got it
    Also it used to be the more expensive PCR when you got home now it’s the cheaper lateral flow tests

To return

Exactly, I’m off abroad on Friday and I’ve followed the ‘to do’ list provided. Do some people follow the ‘to do’ list that their mate has put on Facebook