+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people just pick a team out of a hat to support ?

Re: Do people just pick a team out of a hat to support ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have no obsession with your daughter mate

I find it odd that a grown man however would stop supporting cardiff city , yet come on here and say that he does , because his daughter thinks we are crap

You can go on your own now , you are a big boy now
    More subtlety required.

Please try harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I take it his obsession with your daughter is another wind up. Very odd bloke
    He's got a hardon for arguing with me because I passed him off a few years ago hurt his ego, so now it's whatever he can cling to to try and embroiled me in a war if words so he can say to his mates "look at that nasty young man wing horrible to me" if I can't be arsed one day and play his game.

All a bunch of Kents.
    When someone tells me they support some Premier league side I always say only in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    All a bunch of Kents.
    When someone tells me they support some Premier league side I always say only in your head.
    Oooh you really done em there.

Bet they're gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't care who people at work or down my local support either.

He starts these threads every so often. I think it's in his "wind up" repertoire. Some random person will be along soon to tell us what a rascal Sludge is and how he's always fishing. CCMB King of banter.
    I am not alone finding him tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    Well maybe you do if you live in Buckingham Palace. They should all really be Chelsea supporters, which is the closest ground to their gaff. But I guess we should at least cut Prince William a bit of slack as he is really the closest the royal family has to a real football supporter. He picked Villa after being taken there as a kid, and still goes there to watch them. The queen is supposed to have been a "bubble" but has rather swaped sides to Arsenal afther meeting Arsenal Venger - good choice Queen. Prince Charles is supposed to support Burnley - I guess he just stuck a pin in the league table after realising that there were no polo clubs in the Premier League. Prince Harry apparently supports any club with under age cheerleaders - allegedly
    Did you mean Andrew?

I have no obsession with your daughter mate

I find it odd that a grown man however would stop supporting cardiff city , yet come on here and say that he does , because his daughter thinks we are crap

You can go on your own now , you are a big boy now
    I don't want to get involved in the nonsense, but Demb may have his daughter on weekends, used to take her until she got bored of it. So he may spend rime with her doing something that she enjoys. We don't know peoples circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Did you mean Andrew?
    They're all at it.

Well that's understandable as they are only an hour away from Liverpool . The same reason why lots of north walians support United

But someone from Cardiff , born here ��

It's an embarrassment all round
    These glory hunters remind me of 8/10 year olds, they don’t really know why they follow them, they just do, maybe saw them play well on MOTD once, score a few goals, win an fa cup maybe? Loads I knew when I was a kid liked Spurs after the 81 cup final was it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    These glory hunters remind me of 8/10 year olds, they don’t really know why they follow them, they just do, maybe saw them play well on MOTD once, score a few goals, win an fa cup maybe? Loads I knew when I was a kid liked Spurs after the 81 cup final was it?
    It was the 60/61 double winning side that made Spurs popular when I was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I think they won the league in around 83/85?
    This. They won the FA Cup, The Cup Winners Cup and the League twice in the mid to late 80s.

Also 'support" means very different things to different people.

Gethin Jones from that one show nonsense

Cardiff born

Everton ? ??????????

Wtf is all that about ?

Is it just me ? Am I losing my mind ?
    Welsh celebrities are the worse its not fashionable to be proud if thier football sides luv thier wugger though , accept for good old Jonny Owen whoses a great Martyrs fan still .

The new guy in work supports Leeds. I have no idea how I’m going to make him feel welcome. I have no time for these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The new guy in work supports Leeds. I have no idea how I’m going to make him feel welcome. I have no time for these people.
    In the Trade Marks area of the Patent Office, Leeds were the team that had the most people supporting them by a distance, Liverpool came in second and City may have been third along way behind and were mostly the subject of derision apart from in my final years there (I worked there from 1989 fo 2009) when there was a bit more respect for us.

As for a Cardiffian born in the late 70s not supporting City, I doubt it if I would have done if the Durban years had been happening at the time I was first getting into the game.

Oooh you really done em there.

Bet they're gutted.
    That is the plan.
    Glad to know someone thinks it's working.

He's got a hardon for arguing with me because I passed him off a few years ago hurt his ego, so now it's whatever he can cling to to try and embroiled me in a war if words so he can say to his mates "look at that nasty young man wing horrible to me" if I can't be arsed one day and play his game.
    Well you are the one who joined the thread you daft plum

It's not a case of one day play the game you actively put your oar in

So have it

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am not alone finding him tedious.
    I am devastated a tory voting Scottish bloke who voted for brexit finds me tedious

I feel my life is over

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't want to get involved in the nonsense, but Demb may have his daughter on weekends, used to take her until she got bored of it. So he may spend rime with her doing something that she enjoys. We don't know peoples circumstances.
    He spends his time on here

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    With American sports that’s exactly what I did
    To be fair ......

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Make him feel welcome by asking which part of Leeds is South Wales in ?

Every time you talk to him

In my work it is all fans of the big premier league teams, quite a lot of them aren't from south wales originally, but some are and should know better.

I'm so unlucky. When I picked my team out of the hat, it was bloody Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In my work it is all fans of the big premier league teams, quite a lot of them aren't from south wales originally, but some are and should know better.
    Thing is, plenty of people just see football as entertainment, nothing to do with where they're born. We're the evangelists, they're the midnight mass crew at Christmas. City winning or losing can change our emotions, can screw up a good weekend, cause an argument, or turn a bad day Into a good day. There's no wrong or right way to enjoy football.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'm so unlucky. When I picked my team out of the hat, it was bloody Cardiff City
    I wish that I'd had a hat, the old man walked me down to Ninian park at 10 years old and stuck me at the bottom of the Bob bank with a panda pop and a quarter of cola cubes. If he was flush we'd get a pasty from Franklin's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Thing is, plenty of people just see football as entertainment, nothing to do with where they're born. We're the evangelists, they're the midnight mass crew at Christmas. City winning or losing can change our emotions, can screw up a good weekend, cause an argument, or turn a bad day Into a good day. There's no wrong or right way to enjoy football.
    This is so true. It's why I make a point of going to matches as a neutral when we're not playing at home. I love football as entertainment but hate it on TV so would rather go and watch, say, Cardiff Met v Barry Town than sit and watch Sky. And yes, I do find that entertaining because I have no emotional investment.

When I watch us, the emotional investment is there. Which can really mess up my mood. I know it's stupid but it's decades of conditioning. What ya gonna do?