+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I Would Give Steve Mo(R)ison Until Xmas

I Would Give Steve Mo(R)ison Until Xmas

My feeling is were not going to get a big name or the finance to support that type of appointment , the lads look like they want to play for him , he knows their strengths and weakness especially the younger players and they know him .

He has a modern way of thinking tactically which surely is the route we must take with our promising batch of youngster's.

I just wish the senior experienced players would step up now and help the situation and bring on those younger lads , as that's where I feel we're being let down.

I do wonder and worry if we don't give Steve Morison a chance he may look elsewhere for a gig as a number one , and be successful.

Re: I Would Give Steve Mo(R)ison Until Xmas

I think we just stick with him as interim manager and think it through for a while. There's no way we can survive in this division past next season without investment, the owner needs to have a think about when he wants and what he's going to do about it. It certainly doesn't help Morison that he has a core of players who already know their contracts won't be renewed after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think we just stick with him as interim manager and think it through for a while. There's no way we can survive in this division past next season without investment, the owner needs to have a think about when he wants and what he's going to do about it. It certainly doesn't help Morison that he has a core of players who already know their contracts won't be renewed after this season.
    Don’t most players some how play a blinder when they know the contract is up for grabs? Like Tomlin used to do etc?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t most players some how play a blinder when they know the contract is up for grabs? Like Tomlin used to do etc?
    One would think, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    One would think, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
    I've seen enough games over the years to suggest greater efforts can be seen at the end of contracts , or on loan , or on TV wanting to be on showcase some of their talents.

You only got to look over the last few years with different managers great starts, then whooosh back to normal ,over paid and nothing can be done about under performance other than sell at a loss .