+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 13 games, 1 win, 9 games without scoring

13 games, 1 win, 9 games without scoring

When was the last time we had a run of form like this? It might be interesting to note that we have had a run of 13 games without a win within the last 15 years. Not in the Premier League, either.

Back in 2006/07, we started the season on fire and were 6 points clear at the top of the table at one point. We beat Burnley thanks to a Scimeca goal to nil in November. We would then go on a run of 13 games without a win, where we failed to score in 10 of those games. Incredibly we only lost 5 of those games, managing 6 0-0 draws in that spell. We also only scored 5 goals in those 13 games, compared with 7 in our last 13 games this season.

One difference, thanks to all of those goalless draws was we conceded 17 in 13 games (4 of those were in a cup replay at Spurs). This season we've let in 28 from 13.

Re: 13 games, 1 win, 9 games without scoring

could've just posted:

'we're rubbish, we've been rubbish before, but not as rubbish..'

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    could've just posted:

Have we broken the club record for most consecutive home defeats yet Eric?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Have we broken the club record for most consecutive home defeats yet Eric?
    Yes, a while ago, when we lost to Reading.

As far as I can make out, 4 home defeats on the trot is as bad as it ever got, Durban, Hibbett, Lawrence, Warnock (PL) managed it. 7 has smashed it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, a while ago, when we lost to Reading.

As far as I can make out, 4 home defeats on the trot is as bad as it ever got, Durban, Hibbett, Lawrence, Warnock (PL) managed it. 7 has smashed it out of the park.
    Surprised that there was nothing in the thirties worse than four - thanks

It’s a dire run but because of the mess other clubs are in I think you will just about stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s a dire run but because of the mess other clubs are in I think you will just about stay up.
    to be honest don't think it matters what manager comes in.it's the players just not good enough,need to spend a bit on quality or it's only one way we are going. but still be there just can't help it it's in me blood

Just looked at the table and it looks grim. A third of the way through the season and 5 clubs look as if they're set adrift of the rest already.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surprised that there was nothing in the thirties worse than four - thanks
    We had one run of 4 (Watts Jones) and two of 3 in the thirties. That was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    could've just posted:

oh come on..we've been rubbish..are rubbish and our target is to be the most rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We had one run of 4 (Watts Jones) and two of 3 in the thirties. That was it.
    Argh old Wattsy Jones , wonder if he's watching this debacle.?

I think we're going down Pearcey.

It's November and we haven't scored a first half goal in the league all season. That must be some kind of record.

in the last 12 months we have lost ELEVEN attacking players and replaced ALL of them with a non-scoring old striker and a left back on loan from Wolves.....

Attacking-wise....

Ojo and Wilson returned to their clubs
    Junior Holiett and Johnny Williams given a free transfer
    Tomlins contracts paid off and he was released
    Whyte and Murphy have been sent out on loan
    Marley Watkins was given a short term contract and released (ironically scored a first half goal in the cup)
    Nathanial Medez-Laing was sacked for dealing/sniffing Cocaine
    Glatzel sold
    Watters sent on loan

Reality is I have no problem with any of these players leaving but when you don't replace them and expect the youngsters coming through and a left back loan signing to carry the whole creativity and pace of the team is, in my opinion, negligence.

I like the way that Morison sets us up to play but without that creative spark and bit of flair in the final third we will struggle to score goals.

Whoever takes over probably needs to get in one or two free transfers, although not ideal, because the lack of guile in this team is staggering and it is a season too early for Colwill and Evans to handle that burden alone.

So yeah, unless there are some new personnel.... we will be fully rooted in the bottom three by the end of December and I can't see us getting out of it.

And the reality is the fault lies entirely with Dalman and Ken Choo - who an earth allows a team to lose 11 attacking players and not replace them.... even if the manager made the decisions... they must be blind or stupid to ignore the situation for so long

Doubt it…huge game this weekend, if we lose I reckon that’s us done for

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think we're going down Pearcey.

It's November and we haven't scored a first half goal in the league all season. That must be some kind of record.

in the last 12 months we have lost ELEVEN attacking players and replaced ALL of them with a non-scoring old striker and a left back on loan from Wolves.....

Attacking-wise....

Ojo and Wilson returned to their clubs
    Junior Holiett and Johnny Williams given a free transfer
    Tomlins contracts paid off and he was released
    Whyte and Murphy have been sent out on loan
    Marley Watkins was given a short term contract and released (ironically scored a first half goal in the cup)
    Nathanial Medez-Laing was sacked for dealing/sniffing Cocaine
    Glatzel sold
    Watters sent on loan

Reality is I have no problem with any of these players leaving but when you don't replace them and expect the youngsters coming through and a left back loan signing to carry the whole creativity and pace of the team is, in my opinion, negligence.

I like the way that Morison sets us up to play but without that creative spark and bit of flair in the final third we will struggle to score goals.

Whoever takes over probably needs to get in one or two free transfers, although not ideal, because the lack of guile in this team is staggering and it is a season too early for Colwill and Evans to handle that burden alone.

So yeah, unless there are some new personnel.... we will be fully rooted in the bottom three by the end of December and I can't see us getting out of it.

And the reality is the fault lies entirely with Dalman and Ken Choo - who an earth allows a team to lose 11 attacking players and not replace them.... even if the manager made the decisions... they must be blind or stupid to ignore the situation for so long
    At least we will get Wintle back, a right spark for Blackpool right now and just what our midfield needs. It just about sums the club up

Dalman and Choo are responsible for us being in this position and the fact that both of them are part time and live in London surely doesn't help matters

At least last night we started to look like a football team instead of just hoofball!
    Morison will need plenty of time and support to get his ideas across from the fans and more especially from the board.

If Dalman and Choo watched last nights improvement and still think we will get away without some serious investment in the playing squad in January, then there deluded imho.

Morison isn't a miracle worker and doesn't have a magic wand, were short of 4-5 players that are needed to ensure safety this season at the very least.

Morison is going to have to do it his way as it looks to me that a host of senior players are already looking for their next move at the end of May.

Lack of ability or skill is something you just get use to with some players, but lack of enthusiasm and effort is indefensible, and we have too many who sadly fall into that category.

Might be time for their agents to have a reality check with them, as watching a few of ours last night, I can't believe there will be many other clubs at this level looking to employ them in the summer

We may pull of the great escape this season, but with players going out of contract and the stated "no money for two transfer windows" next season will be dire.

The bookies have Derby as nailed on to go down with Hull as second favourites. Joint third favourites for relegation are Reading and Posh. Then Barnsley. Via Oddschecker.
    Cardiff may be in a mess but there are clubs in bigger messes.

The bookies have Derby as nailed on to go down with Hull as second favourites. Joint third favourites for relegation are Reading and Posh. Then Barnsley. Via Oddschecker.
    ..take may word for it.

Derby are absolutely gone, Pearcey.

Hull have no guts and will be gone too.

There is a very real prospect that we'll be going down as well but looking up the table, I see that Reading could quite easily find themselves in a spot of bother as could anyone in the bottom half of the table.

I think the performances immediately after the international break will be very telling for us.

Surely if the club does give Morison until the end of the season (say), then that would be a cheaper option than an outsider or “name” manager, thus freeing up some money for a loan or two?
    In this way we can still look just at this season to try and keep us from going down and reassess at the end of the season, perhaps by extending Morison if he’s deemed a success.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    At least we will get Wintle back, a right spark for Blackpool right now and just what our midfield needs. It just about sums the club up
    Can we get Wintle back in January, or even sooner ?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    We may pull of the great escape this season, but with players going out of contract and the stated "no money for two transfer windows" next season will be dire.
    Great opportunity for a wheeler and dealer to make something out of nothing.