Although we lost tonight and didn't really create any good chances, I can see an improvement in the performances since Steve Morison has been in place.

SM clearly has a plan and a way he wants the team to play. And for me it's an improvement and progressive. He seems to want to replicate what the u23s do and that is no bad thing. He and his team have clearly done a good job with the u23s. In light of that it would be a shame to lose all the progress below first team level with any disruptive changes.

I think there are a number of major problems that will make life difficult for him or indeed any person appointed permanently as first team manager. These include:

1. a number of ageing senior pros who aren't performing and lack the motivation to do so because they are in the final year of their contracts.
2. the "club" (I suspect Tan alone) for whatever reason has decided it wants to cut everything to a minimum so there isn't going to be any big spending under the current regime.
3. there seem to be a cohort of young players who are all being blooded at the same time.
4. the football hierarchy, such as it currently is, appears to have no thoughtful strategy to improve the club going forward.
5. I think a lot of floating fans have had enough and are losing interest.

For all these reasons I would give Morison et al the job until the end of the season but tell him that even if we get relegated he will always be able to go back to the u23s.