+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 from 5 to go down

3 from 5 to go down

Derby , Hull , Barnsley , Us , Preston , Peterborough

Re: 3 from 5 to go down

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Take out Preston add Reading if they get a points deduction.

We are gone anyway. Us Derby Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Well it could be worse but it's not looking good

Reckon it’s between us and Peterborough for that third spot. League one isn’t looking so bad next year with Sunderland, sheff weds, Portsmouth us, Derby, reading….all clubs that have danced in the sunshine league recently. Good work by our board, no pressure to worry about PL nonsense so much….,

Just need that first win to change the mentality and could really do with that on Saturday ahead of the international break. Run up until Christmas isn’t too bad but Boxing Day onwards looks tough if we don’t pick many points up before then

We got too many players out of contract, we’re “DOOMED”

No fight in some of them

Well i don't think we will go down..

This pessimist is strangely optimistic

We are about to be hit with a 9 point deduction putting us into the relegation zone with an ongoing transfer embargo and the worst injury crisis in our history. There is a reason why we are considered more likely to go down than Cardiff according to the bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are about to be hit with a 9 point deduction putting us into the relegation zone with an ongoing transfer embargo and the worst injury crisis in our history. There is a reason why we are considered more likely to go down than Cardiff according to the bookies.
    The reason is outsiders see Cardiff as the bigger club and are making the same mistake as thinking clubs like Sunderland wouldnt go down.

We are terrible. 1 point from 30.

Reading are set to get a points deduction

We'll stay up based on other teams' deductions, as long as we don't get one ourselves of course

The reason is outsiders see Cardiff as the bigger club and are making the same mistake as thinking clubs like Sunderland wouldnt go down.

Wednesday , Leeds , Forest , Sunderland , Sheffield United , Pompey , if we go down I would be cautious that we would bounce straight back

Well I'm not telling him

I don’t think that’s how the bookies see it. They know we are about to be hit with a points deduction and will doubtless be aware we are in the crap trying to sign new players. Our players are out on their feet after 60 minutes and the manager is unwilling to bring on 17 year old Academy boys off the bench to replace them. We are in deep trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don’t think that’s how the bookies see it. They know we are about to be hit with a points deduction and will doubtless be aware we are in the crap trying to sign new players. Our players are out on their feet after 60 minutes and the manager is unwilling to bring on 17 year old Academy boys off the bench to replace them. We are in deep trouble.
    Yeah youve got a crap team because of injuries. Still beat us.

We havent got anyone coming back from injuries to help us.

Perhaps we will both go down with Derby.

Reading would go below us with the points deduction and as Pearcey has said are in deep shit squad wise.

There may be an element of "well Cardiff can't get much worse" with the bookies and realistically we can't unless we go without a win for the rest of the season. Despite going on a horrific run we haven't dropped into the bottom 3 and you've got to assume we won't be on this run forever

Wednesday , Leeds , Forest , Sunderland , Sheffield United , Pompey , if we go down I would be cautious that we would bounce straight back
    I don't think that we would come straight back up with this squad of players. We are a league 1 outfit, player wise, at the moment. Massive problems that have been manifesting since Warnock's hit at the premier League. Not many were saying it at the time, but no team can play the way that we did and prosper or advance. It doesn't happen in the long term.

A philosophy of anti football, making average players worse, stifling creativity and expression has finally hit home. Morison was trying with some of his tactics yesterday evening and I commend him for that, but there's no cohesion, everything is clunky, clapt out. We are in the shit and in my opinion it'll take 5 years to rebuild into something that is sustainable and easily managed due to long term thinking

Shout out to Kieran Evans, got on the ball, looked to play and follow the pass, drew fouls etc. Well done to him.

Yeah youve got a crap team because of injuries. Still beat us.

We havent got anyone coming back from injuries to help us.

Perhaps we will both go down with Derby.
    Yep I wouldn’t rule out both going down. Goes without saying I hope both stay up.

We certainly won’t. Our team would become decimated overnight and any incomings will not only be free but on lower wages.
    I think we would struggle big time in division 1 which is why I am not in agreement with posters saying it might be good for the club

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    We certainly won’t. Our team would become decimated overnight and any incomings will not only be free but on lower wages.
    I think we would struggle big time in division 1 which is why I am not in agreement with posters saying it might be good for the club
    I think those comments need to be taken with a pinch of salt

Going down would be a disaster for Cardiff City

We would be looking at gates of 12000 in a 32000 seater stadium

I think we would struggle big time in division 1 which is why I am not in agreement with ?posters saying it might be good for the club
    There can't be many of them shirley.

Whether we will see success or failure ultimately lies squarely on the shoulders of our owner and board.
    Unforunately the short termism we've seen this past few years suggests that it won't be the former.

I agree, we go down and it could be sometime before we get back. We have to find a way to stay up, let’s be honest if Reading get a points deduction as well as Derby it will be a disgrace if we go down with them as that means we’ll have the worst team in the division even if we finish above those two. Derby would have a better points total than us right now without the deduction and they were decimated in the summer

If anyone honestly believes going down is good for your club they’re delusional

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Absolutely.

Just like those people who advocate administration as a simple 'points deduction for debts cancellation' trade off. It is a world of pain!