+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was wrong about Mick McCarthy

I was wrong about Mick McCarthy

I always felt that given the squad of tree trunks he inherited he was the best man for the job

I always try and support the manager and the players , I think that's the right way rather than slagging them off

But I was wrong with regard to MM

Looking back he was completely hopeless after just a handful of games in

My apologies

Re: I was wrong about Mick McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I always felt that given the squad of tree trunks he inherited he was the best man for the job

I always try and support the manager and the players , I think that's the right way rather than slagging them off

My apologies
    Any excuse for self-flagellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Any excuse for self-flagellation.
    If I knew what that was I might agree

My apologies
    Dinosaur the same has wanky warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Dinosaur the same has wanky warnock.
    I liked Warnock

I liked Warnock
    Couldn't stand the man. Full of shit and a fake front.

My apologies
    Nothing to apologise for my friend. Getting behind the manager and players is what most would call supporting your team.

I'm sure you are not the only one who was "wrong" at Mick's appointment but it did seem like the right appointment at the time.

He was, initially.
    The problem was that none of us knew for sure what the board's agenda was until recently.

They wrongly thought it's working so extend his contract before he gets snapped up by another club. Cheap option.

It eventually became clear that he had completely lost the plot and the inevitable happened, hopefully not too late!

Who knows who would be the "right" appointment right now

I knew it wasn't the way forward from the first day. The club had to take a more modern stance and it will have to do the same with the next appointment or we are doomed.
    When Mick strung a few results together I have to admit I thought well done him.
    When he got the 2 year contract I was horrified , how could we see him as the future , I was vocal then and all the way through his disastrous tenure.
    This is the place we come to discuss our thoughts , our worries , our ideas .
    I f we are expected to toe a party line , the forum would soon die. Follow the team blindly isn't usually the forum posters way..

When I go down to the games I will support the team, hope they win no matter what the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Nothing to apologise for my friend. Getting behind the manager and players is what most would call supporting your team.

I'm sure you are not the only one who was "wrong" at Mick's appointment but it did seem like the right appointment at the time.

He was, initially.
    The problem was that none of us knew for sure what the board's agenda was until recently.

They wrongly thought it's working so extend his contract before he gets snapped up by another club. Cheap option.

It eventually became clear that he had completely lost the plot and the inevitable happened, hopefully not too late!

I'll have to hold my hands up and say I too was wrong about Mick McCarthy. I felt pre-season that even with a huge culling of players he would have the nous and experience to keep us between 14th and 9th position. As you rightly say though, he wasn't helped by the boards agenda of pulling the rug from right under him. I sometimes wonder if this is Tans revenge for going against his 'masterplan' of turning us red

I think the frustrating thing is the club panic a lot. I think most thought MM was an ok appointment on a short term basis and it all started well. Sadly club panicked after some good results and gave him a new contract instead of using that time to find someone progressive who could have had the summer to mix up the squad

Was the perfect man to take us through to the end of last season. By seasons end there had probably been enough of a regression to suggest someone else was needed.

Unfortunately his agent had played an absolute blinder, and the club decision makers fell for it

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

He was, initially.

A mate of mine who travels away said he rarely thanked the fans . I think that's a very important part of modern football . When our form declined he just went mentalist .

I liked Warnock
    A lot of folk did , and still do he took us up when in reality we didn't have the squad on paper to do so, and nearly kept us up , imagine if poor Sala had been a goal scoring success remarkable man is our Neil .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A lot of folk did , and still do he took us up when in reality we didn't have the squad on paper to do so, and nearly kept us up , imagine if poor Sala had been a goal scoring success remarkable man is our Neil .
    I tend to agree

Superb motivator

Good second in command

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

A mate of mine who travels away said he rarely thanked the fans . I think that's a very important part of modern football . When our form declined he just went mentalist .
    It's funny how something as little as thanking the fans can have such a bearing on people's success / failure.

Very dour monotonic man who I wouldn't be surprised wasn't great at motivational speeches.

Very different to Warnock who some mock for his repetitive rhetoric everywhere he goes.

I know what I'd rather hear.

I just hope that MM hasn't done too much mental damage and that the players can recover a bit of confidence these next few weeks.
    Some of their performances suggest that they're on the floor.

Right from the very moment he was appointed I was, if not horrified then greatly disappointed. You couldn't argue with the string of results he put together at the beginning of his tenure but the writing was on the wall later on, specifically with the performance or lack of from the team.

I was hoping that he would get a thank you from the board at the end of the season instead of a lengthy contract. After seeing the second half performance at Forest, I though just maybe we can push on from our reasonable start. Never in a million years did I expect us to be in the precarious position we are now.

Where we go from here I haven't got a clue but at least it's not with big Mick, the ultimate dinosaur.

i'm spartacus

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    i'm spartacus

I didn't want MM from the start and Warnock just sucked the weak minded in with what they wanted to hear.
    All that fawning over him after the Middlesbrough game made me want to throw up.
    Walking around the pitch punching the air when our club had just beaten its worst run of results in its history partly down to the one dimensional squad of players he left on huge contracts which his agent son made thousands on.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I didn't want MM from the start and Warnock just sucked the weak minded in with what they wanted to hear.
    All that fawning over him after the Middlesbrough game made me want to throw up.
    Walking around the pitch punching the air when our club had just beaten its worst run of results in its history partly down to the one dimensional squad of players he left on huge contracts which his agent son made thousands on.
    Me too. I hated it. It was a living nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Me too. I hated it. It was a living nightmare.
    Glad it’s not just me. Couldn’t agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    It was incredibly embarrassing

Also showed exactly the kind of man Warnock is, humiliating McCarthy like that. Nasty piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It was incredibly embarrassing

Also showed exactly the kind of man Warnock is, humiliating McCarthy like that. Nasty piece of work.
    Horid man who plays the fans i'm glad i'm not the only one that didn't fall for his fake bullshit..

My apologies
    So you still think it's wrong to criticize managers and players that are dragging the team down?