+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: well I enjoyed that

well I enjoyed that

we are still a work in progress with respect to the passing game but we definitely looked the better team out there to me.
    Huddersfield looked pretty poor, their keeper's distribution especially was hilariously bad. we were able to sustain pressure on numerous occasions which is very unlike Cardiff.

the first goal was unfortunate, and they offered nothing else for the rest of the half, keeping everyone behind the ball most of the time.
    our passing wasn't that incisive at times, and I was always a bit nervous when it was being passed around between Nelson and Flint as it felt like they were going to get caught.
    Flint showed the odd bit of skill though which was nice to see.

we need to move it a lot more quickly though if we are going to open sides up playing like this, there were often runs being made but our players didn't see them until they'd already had to check them. I guess that will come with time though.
    it would be nice to play a match where we score first at some point as that should make it a lot easier to attack.

good to have ralls back too.

Re: well I enjoyed that

I enjoyed the result. Their goal was fortunate due to our pantomime defenders and we lucky not to concede a couple more. We never really looked like scoring...until we did.
    I agree we are a work in progress and we were better than them, but there is a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I enjoyed the result. Their goal was fortunate due to our pantomime defenders and we lucky not to concede a couple more. We never really looked like scoring...until we did.
    I agree we are a work in progress and we were better than them, but there is a long way to go.
    how they were almost in the playoffs is a mystery to me, they looked really bad

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think they'll finish the season mid to bottom half of the table, like us.

They were awful on the ball in their own half, but carved us open pretty much every time they got the ball in our half. It was a really strange performance.

Perhaps they thought (with good reason) they wouldn't have to do much and to take their chances when they came along, which they almost did. They contained us in the first half and looked sharper (not difficult, I know) so perhaps they're a work in progress too.

Mid table in the championship seems to begin at 4th spot - Stoke are in 5th after giving up a three goal lead to a team on a record losing streak and just below them are Blackburn who shipped seven at home last week. Not that that end of the table is anything for us to worry about.

From what I remember they never looked great when they won promotion.

They did lose two important midfielders to injury in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They did lose two important midfielders to injury in the first half.
    that is true