+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RESERVE YOUR SEAT!

RESERVE YOUR SEAT!

Just got that email.

“Reserve your seat for Cardiff City”… 😂😂

Firstly it’s Jan 22nd.
    Secondly do they seriously think there’s going to be any sort of mad rush from either set of supporters to take my seat for this.

Unless both sides sign 10 players each, this game will be utter dogshit and charging me £32 to watch it grates somewhat…

Re: RESERVE YOUR SEAT!

Not a season ticket holder then?

Has marketing only just reached Bristol?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Not a season ticket holder then?
    You’re kidding right?
    Season ticket to watch that shite?
    No I’m a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    You’re kidding right?
    No I’m a member.
    You certainly are.

You’re kidding right?
    No I’m a member.
    well what do you know, just a part timer one of those sing when your winning types

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    well what do you know, just a part timer one of those sing when your winning types
    Not really because I still go now and we definitely are neither good nor winning.

Living away from Bristol I go to more away games than home these days.
    I have the membership in the vain hope we may start to do well.

well i think i will be over for the game, we may not play you for while division one beckons for us, probably more chance of us playing county and rovers if they can get promoted

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    well i think i will be over for the game, we may not play you for while division one beckons for us, probably more chance of us playing county and rovers if they can get promoted
    You’ll have to go down again to play the Rovers.
    They won’t be in League One any time soon and Barton is doing such a shit job I wouldn’t bet against them going back into the Conference.

I’ll go to the Cardiff game. I just think the game itself will be appalling.

Jursset is a decent poster these days. I'm not sure if it's the same fella from a few years ago

You’re kidding right?
    No I’m a member.
    Ah, makes sense now. Couldn't understand why they were asking you to reserve a seat.
    It should be an interesting game, though. Let's hope we're both well out of the drop zone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Jursset is a decent poster these days. I'm not sure if it's the same fella from a few years ago
    I do agree with you he could be a doopleganger

I've always deeply admired your knowledge of all things Cardiff City. So when January 22nd comes who will you be supporting?

How's the sentiment towards Nigel Pearson at the moment?
    I felt at the time, you'd made a good signing, however, results for you seem to be disappointing during his tenure, particularly at home.

It's fair to say that we haven't been overly enamoured with the signings we've made from your club over the past few seasons, but I wouldn't mind if we were to take Andreas Weimann from you. He seems to come up with a goal or two for you.

There’s grumblings on Pearson now.
    Mainly because our run of form is pretty poor and the interviews about the players needing to “show character and spirit” are a bit cut and paste from the week before.

I went to Birmingham on Tuesday night and while the first half was pretty even, the second half was absolutely abysmal.
    The amount of space we gave to a pretty average Blues side was embarrassing.

I personally think he needs time. He can’t turn around a load of dross overnight. He’s changed the staff all around now. Nobody is left from the Johnson/Holden era now - including physios.

I think we are good enough to stay clear of the relegation battle but we aren’t going to get anywhere near the play offs.

But he needs a few wins to settle down the vocal mob.

Weimann btw is one of my top players for us.
    He has energy and fitness levels like I’ve never seen and he has shown he can finish.

I think Wells and Martin though are both pretty average now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    How's the sentiment towards Nigel Pearson at the moment?
    I felt at the time, you'd made a good signing, however, results for you seem to be disappointing during his tenure, particularly at home.

It's fair to say that we haven't been overly enamoured with the signings we've made from your club over the past few seasons, but I wouldn't mind if we were to take Andreas Weimann from you. He seems to come up with a goal or two for you.
    On our former players you’ve signed I would say:

Bobby Reid - Best player you’ve signed from us. Always liked him. Bit of a big head apparently but his talent is clearly there.

Tomlin - Will go down as one of the most wasted natural talent players I’ve seen. It’s all there but because of his demons/fitness/attitude etc he will never amount to anything more than what he’s been.

Pack - I always liked Marlon. I thought he always was a scapegoat because he was never fancy and did the shit job that nobody liked.
    In saying that I’ve seen him lose the ball in the worst possible positions and cause goals all over the country. Derby away sticking in my mind.

Flint - He’s a clogger. A 6 foot 5 clogger. What you see is what you get.
    Can put in some superb challenges and save the team.
    His strength is his weakness. Superb header of the ball in the opposition box because of his size and power.
    BUT watch him head the ball as a defender in your own half, he puts absolutely no f’ing direction on it and just blindly heads it forward usually to an opposition player.
    It’s proper League One defending.
    He also has the pace of a peak Andy Fordham.

But he scored some great goals and had some great years with us. But you need a pacy defender with him - we had Liam Fontaine.

If you turn it around we haven’t had many Cardiff players but I really like Gavin Williams.
    Lovely bloke as well as a good player.

There’s grumblings on Pearson now.
    Mainly because our run of form is pretty poor and the interviews about the players needing to “show character and spirit” are a bit cut and paste from the week before.

I went to Birmingham on Tuesday night and while the first half was pretty even, the second half was absolutely abysmal.
    The amount of space we gave to a pretty average Blues side was embarrassing.

I personally think he needs time. He can’t turn around a load of dross overnight. He’s changed the staff all around now. Nobody is left from the Johnson/Holden era now - including physios.

I think we are good enough to stay clear of the relegation battle but we aren’t going to get anywhere near the play offs.

But he needs a few wins to settle down the vocal mob.

Weimann btw is one of my top players for us.
    He has energy and fitness levels like I’ve never seen and he has shown he can finish.

I think Wells and Martin though are both pretty average now.
    Wells ripped us a part a few seasons ago (hat-trick if memory serves me right?).
    When you signed him, I honestly thought he was going to be the difference between making you 'also-rans' and genuine play-off contenders.
    The rumours I hear is that he's not settled at the club and misses the London scene...

On our former players you’ve signed I would say:

Bobby Reid - Best player you’ve signed from us. Always liked him. Bit of a big head apparently but his talent is clearly there.

Tomlin - Will go down as one of the most wasted natural talent players I’ve seen. It’s all there but because of his demons/fitness/attitude etc he will never amount to anything more than what he’s been.

Pack - I always liked Marlon. I thought he always was a scapegoat because he was never fancy and did the shit job that nobody liked.
    In saying that I’ve seen him lose the ball in the worst possible positions and cause goals all over the country. Derby away sticking in my mind.

Flint - He’s a clogger. A 6 foot 5 clogger. What you see is what you get.
    Can put in some superb challenges and save the team.
    His strength is his weakness. Superb header of the ball in the opposition box because of his size and power.
    BUT watch him head the ball as a defender in your own half, he puts absolutely no f’ing direction on it and just blindly heads it forward usually to an opposition player.
    It’s proper League One defending.
    He also has the pace of a peak Andy Fordham.

But he scored some great goals and had some great years with us. But you need a pacy defender with him - we had Liam Fontaine.

If you turn it around we haven’t had many Cardiff players but I really like Gavin Williams.
    Lovely bloke as well as a good player.
    All of our centre-backs do that at the moment, even when they're not under any pressure. It's infuriating.