Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Genesis

Genesis

Bloody crap

Been trying to listen to them after seeing so many people go to see them

Don't get it

One of most overrated bands of all time

Re: Genesis

We do this every so often, but not for a while.

I'll help you kick this thread off by adding Stereophonics to the list.

I don’t know why I thought this was going to be about the bible.

its revelations i can't get into..all those fecking whistles

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don’t know why I thought this was going to be about the bible.
    TBG will be here soon with his forever unanswered question about the talking snake!

In The Beginning, they were ok:

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In The Beginning, they were ok:
    😀😝

Which evolution? Peter Gabriel genius

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Which evolution? Peter Gabriel genius
    Don’t you mean Creation?

Genesis brilliant band but I sure wish Stereophonics and Coldplay would make an Exodus. I'm no lover of Queen either, hugely overrated IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Genesis brilliant band but I sure wish Stereophonics and Coldplay would make an Exodus. I'm no lover of Queen either, hugely overrated IMHO.
    Queen are surely the most over-rated band ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    They a considered to be an "Uncle's band".

Another in the Uncle Band category are Pink Floyd.

Have seen the Collins variant, although the PG variant being my preferred, watching their recent concert extracts on YouTube I thought it was quite sad to see P Collins put himself through these concerts I'm sure those who went will have enjoyed them, he looked a very pitiful character on stage, I saw the Steve Hackett show the other week in Cardiff playing the seconds out album and was almost in tears of joy seeing Suppers Ready, Cinema Show, Carpet Crawlers, etc. etc. being played in their entirety as closely as possible as to how they were played in the 80's, many dislike prog and I get that, but if you like it, then I believe that Suppers ready is the track that all prog tracks are judged against the lyrics are incredible, especially in view of how young they were when they wrote them, although on some days I would say Tubular Bells is the reference prog track, Hackett was the tapping innovator long before the others. current prog listening is mostly porcupine tree, pineapple thief and Yes.

Genesis - excellent band until departure of Peter Gabriel and then Steve Hackett. After that comparatively unmemorable.

This has got to be a huge wind up. You don’t stay at the top level for 50 plus years without having talent. Suggest you go away and think of another topic to annoy people instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Genesis - excellent band until departure of Peter Gabriel and then Steve Hackett. After that comparatively unmemorable.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    TBG will be here soon with his forever unanswered question about the talking snake!

Genesis fantastic band until the two main chaps left

Even when they were led by Collins they did some good stuff but became radio cannon fodder

Queen .....staggering hard Rock band in their early days , really powerful

But soon went crap

Freddie murcury was a great entertainer but queen has a band were annoying..
    Phil Collins is decent but Genesis shit

Queen are overrated, but at least they're decent and they had "moments". Genesis and the Stereophonics are just shit.

The Manic Street Preachers are OK, I suppose. But also overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Have seen the Collins variant, although the PG variant being my preferred, watching their recent concert extracts on YouTube I thought it was quite sad to see P Collins put himself through these concerts I'm sure those who went will have enjoyed them, he looked a very pitiful character on stage, I saw the Steve Hackett show the other week in Cardiff playing the seconds out album and was almost in tears of joy seeing Suppers Ready, Cinema Show, Carpet Crawlers, etc. etc. being played in their entirety as closely as possible as to how they were played in the 80's, many dislike prog and I get that, but if you like it, then I believe that Suppers ready is the track that all prog tracks are judged against the lyrics are incredible, especially in view of how young they were when they wrote them, although on some days I would say Tubular Bells is the reference prog track, Hackett was the tapping innovator long before the others. current prog listening is mostly porcupine tree, pineapple thief and Yes.

...Supper's Ready?...brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...Supper's Ready?...brilliant.
    Oh look at that bird on Mrs coldtarts roof !

Yet another thread with people having different opinions on an artist or 2.
    You're all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    This has got to be a huge wind up. You don’t stay at the top level for 50 plus years without having talent. Suggest you go away and think of another topic to annoy people instead.
    It's called a fan base. Most bands releasing stuff after 30+ years are releasing watered down garbage. But the fans will buy anything put out. If trump was a band he'd sell millions.

There was an 8 pager in September that was largely about members of Genesis being crap or great, even if it hadn’t been the intent of the OP. I enjoy some repetitive threads about music or any subject really, but a 6 week gap isn’t enough time (yet) for me to forget the last one….. and Sludge doesn’t need any more encouragement 🤪