+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cameron Coxe

Re: Cameron Coxe

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I understand where OP is coming from with youngsters, plenty over the years at this level have gone on to become nothing, but I think a few of this lot will do alright at this level
    Do agree and a few may go on to do be better that this level Issac Davies looks very good reminds me of a younger Bellamy.

I dare say Solihull Moors pass and retain the ball far better than us.

I seem to remember a couple of seasons ago the next two big things at Cardiff were supposed to be Taz Mayembe and Tavio D' Almeria. They seem to have disappeared off the radar a bit. Are they still around and still regarded as prospects?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    I seem to remember a couple of seasons ago the next two big things at Cardiff were supposed to be Taz Mayembe and Tavio D' Almeria. They seem to have disappeared off the radar a bit. Are they still around and still regarded as prospects?
    Others will know better but D'Almeria started for the first team against Brighton in the Carabao Cup two months ago and I'm sure I have seen him regularly in joint first team and u23 training videos. Mayembe has dropped off the radar - maybe injured?

Both are on the club u23 team pages.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/players/716

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Others will know better but D'Almeria started for the first team against Brighton in the Carabao Cup two months ago and I'm sure I have seen him regularly in joint first team and u23 training videos. Mayembe has dropped off the radar - maybe injured?

Both are on the club u23 team pages.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/players/716
    D'Almeida I think.

he's an interesting one, came here as a defensive midfielder, then at some point started to play in a back 3 for the u23s, then McCarthy played him as a RWB and apparently that's where he sees his position now.
    arguably there is a degree of crossover between the skillsets needed for those 3 positions, it isn't uncommon for DMs to get drafted into a back 3 (elsewhere). I do think that McCarthy was a lot more comfortable sticking the kids in at wingback rather than their actual position though. as though they could do less damage there perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    D'Almeida I think.

he's an interesting one, came here as a defensive midfielder, then at some point started to play in a back 3 for the u23s, then McCarthy played him as a RWB and apparently that's where he sees his position now.
    arguably there is a degree of crossover between the skillsets needed for those 3 positions, it isn't uncommon for DMs to get drafted into a back 3 (elsewhere). I do think that McCarthy was a lot more comfortable sticking the kids in at wingback rather than their actual position though. as though they could do less damage there perhaps
    Bowen was deployed at wingback in preseason iirc

I was at the Brighton game when D'Almedia played rwb, he didn't look too sure of himself out there and I thought it was harsh to give someone their debut against a good Brighton team in a position that isn't really their own

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bowen was deployed at wingback in preseason iirc

I was at the Brighton game when D'Almedia played rwb, he didn't look too sure of himself out there and I thought it was harsh to give someone their debut against a good Brighton team in a position that isn't really their own
    sang, Bowen, D'Almeida all given their debuts in a position they hadn't played much or at all previously.
    probably not tall enough to get In a McCarthy side in the back 3.

D'Almeida I think.
    It is - my mistake. I just copied the previous post, even after looking him up on the club team pages! Apologies Tavio.

I have no idea whether he is better as a No 6 or RWB - but the first team probably need more options in the middle, or will do after this season when contracts expire. Bowen, King, Patten and D'Almeida are all on the conveyor belt.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ously-18825389

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It is - my mistake. I just copied the previous post, even after looking him up on the club team pages! Apologies Tavio.

I have no idea whether he is better as a No 6 or RWB - but the first team probably need more options in the middle, or will do after this season when contracts expire. Bowen, King, Patten and D'Almeida are all on the conveyor belt.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ously-18825389
    and Wintle

and Wintle
    When can we officially take him back ?

I was surprised how well D’Almeida played in the under 23 matches he played at right wing back - he hasn’t featured in the last month though, presumably he’s injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Look back through the threads you'll see who knows they're football and who doesn't.
    I’m not a football either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was surprised how well D’Almeida played in the under 23 matches he played at right wing back - he hasn’t featured in the last month though, presumably he’s injured.
    if there are none of the out of contract players retained in the summer then our midfield next season could be:
    Wintle, Bacuna +Bowen, King, Patten, D'Almeida

on Saturday we played with Pack just in front of the back 3 and bacuna and ralls a bit further forward.
    Wintle could perhaps fill the pack role next season, as the defensive side of his game seems strong, with maybe D'Almeida as an understudy?

if there are none of the out of contract players retained in the summer then our midfield next season could be:
    Wintle, Bacuna +Bowen, King, Patten, D'Almeida

on Saturday we played with Pack just in front of the back 3 and bacuna and ralls a bit further forward.
    Wintle could perhaps fill the pack role next season, as the defensive side of his game seems strong, with maybe D'Almeida as an understudy?
    I hope we can consign the current back 3/5 into the bin

Wintle might get sold, I think. He's done really well at Blackpool, he might prefer it back nearer home. Either way, hope he continues to do well at Blackpool, we either get a better footballer or we get a good fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I hope we can consign the current back 3/5 into the bin

Wintle might get sold, I think. He's done really well at Blackpool, he might prefer it back nearer home. Either way, hope he continues to do well at Blackpool, we either get a better footballer or we get a good fee.
    surely we aren't going to sell him? that would leave only Bacuna as a senior midfielder next season. Plus I doubt that Blackpool are going to start throwing cash about.

I like the 3-5-2 or variations thereof. but only with proper wingbacks, not the McCarthy version

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m not a football either.
    Any more for any more

sang, Bowen, D'Almeida all given their debuts in a position they hadn't played much or at all previously.
    probably not tall enough to get In a McCarthy side in the back 3.
    He did it with Ciaran Brown, Bacuna and possibly Ralls.

If in doubt stick them at wingback

surely we aren't going to sell him? that would leave only Bacuna as a senior midfielder next season. Plus I doubt that Blackpool are going to start throwing cash about.

I like the 3-5-2 or variations thereof. but only with proper wingbacks, not the McCarthy version
    I absolutely hate the 3-5-2 here. It doesn't work with the players we have, especially the centre halves. We're conceding for fun, and we don't create anything. We looked so much better with a back 4 on Saturday.

Re Wintle, perhaps he hasn't settled? Wouldn't be the first player. I have a suspicion we'll resign one of those players, and we've got Bowen who will almost certainly be counted upon next season. I can definitely see us selling Wintle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I absolutely hate the 3-5-2 here. It doesn't work with the players we have, especially the centre halves. We're conceding for fun, and we don't create anything. We looked so much better with a back 4 on Saturday.

Re Wintle, perhaps he hasn't settled? Wouldn't be the first player. I have a suspicion we'll resign one of those players, and we've got Bowen who will almost certainly be counted upon next season. I can definitely see us selling Wintle.
    hasn't settled? he was here less than 2 months