+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Coxe

Cameron Coxe

Ex-Bluebird playing for Colchester tonight against Sudbury in the FA Cup on BBC2. Just come on as a sub.
    Didn't realise hes actually a Solihull Moors player but on loan at Colchester.

Re: Cameron Coxe

pLaY tHe Yuth!

Problem is most are just not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    pLaY tHe Yuth!

Problem is most are just not good enough
    What has this got to do with his post?

Wasnt he the one that was supposedly being scouted by Man City or was that someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Coxe was considered our most promising young player a couple of years ago. He's now playing for a club in the bottom half of League Two.

I remember the calls to start him.

Looks like he’s found his level.

I’m fed up of people thinking the youth will come good because they are young.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Wasnt he the one that was supposedly being scouted by Man City or was that someone else?
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-18668034

Nothing came of it, strangely enough.

How about we see if they do before condemning them?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How about we see if they do before condemning them?
    He was saying last week that Collwill was rubbish. He just has his opinion and is sticking to it whatever actually happens irrespective of any facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He was saying last week that Collwill was rubbish. He just has his opinion and is sticking to it whatever actually happens irrespective of any facts.
    The fact here is one of City’s most promising youth players now plays for Solihull Moors.

I love it when youth come through but I don’t want Cardiff relegated as we swamp the team with players who aren’t ready.

The fact here is one of City’s most promising youth players now plays for Solihull Moors.

I love it when youth come through but I don’t want Cardiff relegated as we swamp the team with players who aren’t ready.
    Well, for what it's worth, I could see the angle you were coming from.

“Swamp”? We usually start with two, possibly three, young players. It’s the eight or nine seniors that play every week that are much more responsible for where we are in the table.

“Swamp”? We usually start with two, possibly three, young players. It’s the eight or nine seniors that play every week that are much more responsible for where we are in the table.
    exactly. 2 or 3 is basically the same as every other championship team most seasons. we are the outliers on this

Agree but don’t think solution is to try every youngster either

The youngsters have been playing better than the seniors. If we go down it's not because of them.

They might they might not.

Why are you fed up with others having opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some posters seem to hate the idea of youth development and revel in every mistake "see not good enough" etc. It's really odd. Same as when they pretend we're playing 8/9 youngsters when really it's 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Some posters seem to hate the idea of youth development and revel in every mistake "see not good enough" etc. It's really odd. Same as when they pretend we're playing 8/9 youngsters when really it's 2 or 3.
    Once WJ is in his trench he ain't leaving

Look back through the threads you'll see who knows they're football and who doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Look back through the threads you'll see who knows they're football and who doesn't.
    I'm not football.

I'm not football.

Hehe

Coxe was not good enough. We saw enough. Colwill, Bowen, Evans, Davies, Harris and Sang are far, far better players. They're actually impacting games at this level.

We need to be careful, as you can't chuck them all in, and you can't ask them to win you the game (as we have been doing at times this year) but there's something there. Colwill, Harris and Davies have all changed the game at some point this season and got us points from their impact.

Re Coxe, it is really odd his loan runs until January 22. I've heard of an 18 month loan from the middle of the season but an 18 month loan until the middle of a season is very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-18668034

Nothing came of it, strangely enough.
    I remember Chelsea monitoring Murphy?

I understand where OP is coming from with youngsters, plenty over the years at this level have gone on to become nothing, but I think a few of this lot will do alright at this level