+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Snowflake schools

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Snowflake schools

Just teach them the thwarting of a failed terrorist attack on Parliament would suffice I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Just teach them the thwarting of a failed terrorist attack on Parliament would suffice I'd say.
    In 1605. Hardly relevant to 2021. Interestingly, his former school, St. Peter’s in York, does not celebrate Guy Fawkes Night, as they refuse to burn a guy out of respect for one of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    In 1605. Hardly relevant to 2021. Interestingly, his former school, St. Peter’s in York, does not celebrate Guy Fawkes Night, as they refuse to burn a guy out of respect for one of their own.
    My Grandparents didn't like my sister and i celebrating Guido Fawkes night. Staunch Catholics. I loved it as a kid, absolute mayhem. Each little estate in Llanededyrn would have it's own bonfire. Kids collecting anything that would burn and plenty of stuff that wouldn't. The fire, probably 5 or 6 mts in height would be thrown up next to houses and flats on a little bit of wasteland. No health and safety and the parents didn't seem to give a ****. How more people weren't killed is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    My Grandparents didn't like my sister and i celebrating Guido Fawkes night. Staunch Catholics. I loved it as a kid, absolute mayhem. Each little estate in Llanededyrn would have it's own bonfire. Kids collecting anything that would burn and plenty of stuff that wouldn't. The fire, probably 5 or 6 mts in height would be thrown up next to houses and flats on a little bit of wasteland. No health and safety and the parents didn't seem to give a ****. How more people weren't killed is beyond me.
    I used to love bonfire night but was given the 'edited' version of why it happened. I'm amazed we didn't lose fingers or eyes when playing with 'bangers' and daring each other. These days I hate fireworks for bonfire night. Yesterday, though, near me, the Hindu Temple had a massive display celebrating Diwali which was very much part of the local community.