+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowflake schools

Banned

Re: Snowflake schools

People have skewed what I said here lads.
    I got no objection to em being taught anything, however being taught a foreign topic before British history is quite wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    He's doing modern history with them next week.

The Battle of the Boyne 1690.

Fun Bampi he's known as.
    Pmsl.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The firework display is complete bollocks and learning about different cultures is far more interesting ?

In 20 years time one of your grandchildren might have an Asian boyfriend or girlfriend !

Blimey
    Why is learning different cultures better than British history

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I got no objection to em being taught anything, however being taught a foreign topic before British history is quite wrong.
    I remember learning about the Rebecca Riots at school. A bit of foreign history instead would have been much more useful.

I suggest you take a look at the national curriculum and you will see how children are taught about both British and World history. Many schools are introducing a greater range of world history topics because there is a realisation that the British Empire and our country is not the be all and end all. Also our country is (thankfully) so much more diverse than it used to be so topics reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The firework display is complete bollocks and learning about different cultures is far more interesting ?

In 20 years time one of your grandchildren might have an Asian boyfriend or girlfriend !

Blimey
    Where does Sludge say one is better than the other? Both are interesting but why would learning about one be better than the other?

Foreign topics

Is snowflake school where they send kids in Derby to learn how to get football matches cancelled when you've got a few injury problems?

So in your opinion do you think kids should learn the entirety of british history before learning about anything else?

Should it be taught accurately or should it just be the old colonialism was actually quite nice.

We had our 2 grandchildren over last night to take to the display in Barry.
    This diwali celebration thing popped up on the news and they said "ow bamp we were taught about this in school today" , and proceeded to rattle off this big long story about the event.

I said to them, "oh that's interesting, now as its bonfire night, can anyone tell me why we celebrate bonfire night?"

No, they heard of the name guy fawkes but that's it.

Now what is happening here in the world? Uh?
    Where my grandkids are taught Asian holiday history but don't know why I've paid £5 per person to go to a firework display?

Cmon mun.
    This sounds a sweet story but his grandchildren are actually 23 and 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    I suggest you take a look at the national curriculum and you will see how children are taught about both British and World history. Many schools are introducing a greater range of world history topics because there is a realisation that the British Empire and our country is not the be all and end all. Also our country is (thankfully) so much more diverse than it used to be so topics reflect that.
    And our history is be wiped out…..won’t be allowed to talk about anything pre 1990 in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    In 1605. Hardly relevant to 2021. Interestingly, his former school, St. Peter’s in York, does not celebrate Guy Fawkes Night, as they refuse to burn a guy out of respect for one of their own.
    Someone burnt Boris effigy will they teach that

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    And our history is be wiped out…..won’t be allowed to talk about anything pre 1990 in a few years
    Not totally accurate my grandaughter is going through WW2 and Kings and Queens its been great helping her and discussing our wonderful history.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not totally accurate my grandaughter is going through WW2 and Kings and Queens its been great helping her and discussing our wonderful history.
    This seems to have been the same topics since I was at school. World war 2, Tudors, plague.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    These days if you say you’re British they throw you in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    These days if you say you’re British they throw you in jail.

Umm... Hindus have been in the UK for many generations

I'd love to see or take part in the Holi Celebrations.
    It looks like amazing fun.

I’ve not got a issue with anything taught in school but Welsh history should be prioritised

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’ve not got a issue with anything taught in school but Welsh history should be prioritised
    Agreed, definitely not enough taught about it when I was at school.

Because British (English) history is largely a fckin disgrace maybe ?

At school did history

Taught endless cobblers about Henry the 8th ......he was a shit ....

Nothing about the colonialism of the British Empire , Slavery etc

The latter is far more interesting than talking about some fat bloke in a pair of tights

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Because British (English) history is largely a fckin disgrace maybe ?
    All kids should be given a copy of 52 Times Britain Was a Bellend. Lots of examples there that certainly don't get taught in schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    All kids should be given a copy of 52 Times Britain Was a Bellend. Lots of examples there that certainly don't get taught in schools.
    Just 52? I assume there are several more volumes

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Only utter pricks use the term "snowflake" in 2021.
    Totally true!!! They're usually to be found on the loony Donald Trump/Twathead Farage/Bolsanaro side of the spectrum.