+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 HUDDERSFIELD. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 HUDDERSFIELD. Match thread

How and where did Bacuna play today.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    How and where did Bacuna play today.
    I'm still not sure. Thought he wanted to be a centre mid but he didn't go anywhere near the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    As it's my birthday today this win was never in doubt.
    Bloooobirds!!
    Happy birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wow….that’s the decision made for Tan then or could he be still be stupid enough to go for flynn
    I think with Tan you can never be certain but as our friend would say.....Logic dictates he uses his noddle and starts listening to the fans on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What's the overall opinion on the performance today? Been a long week, I fell asleep at 2pm woke up 1 nil down.

I know stats don't paint a picture, but looking on flash scores we had twice the attacks and 3 times as many "dangerous attacks" as them?
    We were decent, definitely deserved at least a point

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd agree with that although Huddersfield missed two sitters hitting the post twice where they should have scored.

There were also one or two last ditch tackles we made which could have made the score a bit of a rout.

For all our pressure, I didn't think we threatened their goal too much, the difference was our top centre forward who was a warrior today.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What's the overall opinion on the performance today? Been a long week, I fell asleep at 2pm woke up 1 nil down.

I know stats don't paint a picture, but looking on flash scores we had twice the attacks and 3 times as many "dangerous attacks" as them?
    Huddersfield kept giving the ball back to us trying to play out from the back and yet they could easily have been 4-0 up after about 70 minutes. Make of that what you still.

Some much needed luck and great fight back

Well done for Davies to stay on his feet at the end. Easy option was to go down for the free kick and regroup

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Happy birthday.
    Diolch 👍

None of our centre-backs are good enough on the ball to justify playing three of them. It's painful watching them trying to play out from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    None of our centre-backs are good enough on the ball to justify playing three of them. It's painful watching them trying to play out from the back.
    Isn't it just.
    McGuinness is one relieved man tonight.

I actually thought flint did ok. Nelson worries me though

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think with Tan you can never be certain but as our friend would say.....Logic dictates he uses his noddle and starts listening to the fans on this one.
    Logic dictates that since most fans are thick, fans should have no input.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Sounds like we are playing better. Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    lets hope the moore bashing stops here
    He was having a mare. The picture of dejection then pops up with two. Pleased for him.

It was looking very similar to quite a few games we've seen this season, lots of possession without creating too much, dreadful error to concede the first goal. However the difference this time around is that we made attacking substitutions that changed the game.

Kieffer was having a bit of a stinker before he scored but boy you could see the weight lifted when he scored. Then he went and got another which was created by a lovely cross from Isaac Davies.

Broadly speaking we still made a lot of mistakes at the back but I thought Giles and Ng looked well suited to the wing back roles. Also Bacuna looked quite lively and got round the pitch quite a bit. I'd take him over Vaulks any day of the week.

Just getting that win will hopefully give players a big confidence boost; I do think a hell of a lot of our problems have been down to poor morale rather than a lack of quality per se

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    It was looking very similar to quite a few games we've seen this season, lots of possession without creating too much, dreadful error to concede the first goal. However the difference this time around is that we made attacking substitutions that changed the game.

Kieffer was having a bit of a stinker before he scored but boy you could see the weight lifted when he scored. Then he went and got another which was created by a lovely cross from Isaac Davies.

Broadly speaking we still made a lot of mistakes at the back but I thought Giles and Ng looked well suited to the wing back roles. Also Bacuna looked quite lively and got round the pitch quite a bit. I'd take him over Vaulks any day of the week.

Just getting that win will hopefully give players a big confidence boost; I do think a hell of a lot of our problems have been down to poor morale rather than a lack of quality per se
    Good morale is a vital part of any team in any business.
    Cannot help matters when players' contracts aren't being renewed and when the decision makers are as detached as ours seem to be.

Rather than the normal crying in a game thread - I wanted to post my thanks for today to the diff. Facking excellent

So now we've got a little bit of hope.
    Please don't **** up the manager decision now.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Awful marking.

Thought at the time it was a bad miss but fair play to Smithies.
    (Still should have scored mind you)

Awful marking.
    Their number 3 drags Nelson and Ng with him and they forgot about the other guy. Well worked, really; the scrum caused the confusion. Good anticipatory save from Smithies.

Awful marking.
    Positives into negatives