+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T PDF editor

O/T PDF editor

I need to edit a PDF file.

I knwo In can download one from Adobe for a free 7 day trial which would do, but it would be nice to have on there in case I need to do it in the future, but it wouldn't be often enough to justify paying the £15 a week it would take to keep the Adobe one permanently.

Does anyone know of a free one out there I can download?

Re: O/T PDF editor

I use Nitro Pro and have done for years, not free sorry but its OK, I took a chance with a flea bay seller and got a dodgy copy for a few quid.

I took out a subscription with Soda when I was editing Real Madrid and all that. It did everything I needed for £40 a year and I found it so useful that I decided to renew for this year.

If you have Word, and depending on how complex the document is, you may be able to use Word. It will open PDFs, edit them and then export back to PDF. But the more graphics the document is the less good Word is. If you want to edit an existing PDF that was saved as an image, rather than having embedded text then Word won't be any good.

buy https://www.pdfill.com/
    I have been using this for years - amazing.Not as fancy as Acrobat but can do everything with it and the tools.
    It's price at $19.99 - a one off purchase...no annual or monthly payments.
    They are not a big outfit but support (by email) is also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I took out a subscription with Soda when I was editing Real Madrid and all that. It did everything I needed for £40 a year and I found it so useful that I decided to renew for this year.
    I bet the editor's coming in handy after the last 10 minutes this afternoon Bob eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I need to edit a PDF file.

I knwo In can download one from Adobe for a free 7 day trial which would do, but it would be nice to have on there in case I need to do it in the future, but it wouldn't be often enough to justify paying the £15 a week it would take to keep the Adobe one permanently.

Does anyone know of a free one out there I can download?
    Export as a jpg and use paint to alter it pixel by pixel.

you are joking....aren't you eric???

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Export as a jpg and use paint to alter it pixel by pixel.
    I think they used a similar technique at Guantanamo until it was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    you are joking....aren't you eric???
    I am, but I know someone who used to do something not too dissimilar.

He also used to use word to type up one page of a document, print it, delete what he'd written, then start on a new page, print it, delete it etc...