+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City players you've seen out and about.

Re: City players you've seen out and about.

Whitts in the sports bar in town.

Drove Kevin Campbell to present at my mates football team presentation in the valleys. Shows how tight our club has always been that they didn't arrange proper transport. 🤣

Paul Wimbleton used to see a lot out and about. Had a chat with Don Murray in the Merry Harrier. Kenwynne out shopping in Cardiff City Centre. Craig Middleton the same. Alan Lewis see about a lot.

Whitts sat on the steps his home opposite Penarth pier. Did an ayatollah which he returned. Damon Searle in a pizza shop in Barry with his missus, lovely guy think he was with Carlisle then but was visiting family. Paul Quinn in the garden of his house on Nells Point, Barry Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Ian Gibson staggering around the bar in the Golf Range in Pontcanna.
    Many years ago (early 90s) we were up in Edinburgh for a Cardiff Devils match at Murrayfield. Whilst drinking in a Rose Street bar one of our group said he had just been chatting with one of the locals who had said he used to play football for Cardiff. Turns out the short fat guy was indeed Ian Gibson.

Saw Earnshaw in town a few years after he left us. Went up to him and told him he was my favourite all time City legend (which he still is and probably always will be).

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Ian Gibson staggering around the bar in the Golf Range in Pontcanna.
    Bloody hell that takes me back - golf range pitch and putt in Llandaff fields and the open air pool 👍 summer sorted 😂😂

Not so much out and about but played cricket against a Cardiff City side and Gary Bennett played - he was freaking quick as a bowler - all tidy people and stayed afterwards along with manager Len Ashurst

Kav in a cinema foyer asking his wife for a Ribena. Tony Capaldi in Sainsbury's in town. Russell Perrett in Capitol Arcade (when it had shops). The whole squad at Heathrow on the way to Portugal for "pre-season training".

I once served David Forde in a clothes shop in town, also met Kadeem Harris after he just joined, saw Whitts and Glenn Loovens shopping together in St. David's, Jon Parkin in St. David's 2 (you'd do well to miss him), Cameron Jerome in his grey jogging bottoms on Queen St. and Andy Campbell outside a church a few days after he scored the winner at the playoff final.

Not really out and about, but I sat in front of Kevin Cooper at Ninian for a cup game after he retired, and I was sat behind the youth team and next to Dr. Len Nokes. I kept checking my ticket as I thought I got the wrong seat. I felt like one of the backroom staff.

David Giles in the Chinese takeaway in Heol Llanishen Fach

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    David Giles in the Chinese takeaway in Heol Llanishen Fach
    I was standing in a shop doorway in Puerto pollensa Majorca, waiting for my wife to come out of a shop when I heard a Cardiff accent in the near distance. Gilo walked past with his daughter? And a young child in a pushchair. Amazing stuff!

Had a good chat with Gilo in a pub in Bath. Think his brother was at Bath City in some capacity. Seemed a really good bloke and loved chatting about the City.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bellamy in the King's Castle Canton with his minder refusing to have pictures with kids, while 50 year old men were recording videos with him.
    I saw Bellamy out in Cardiff once, couldn’t believe how small he was, he looked bigger on a football pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I saw Bellamy out in Cardiff once, couldn’t believe how small he was, he looked bigger on a football pitch!
    6 inch studs

Super Kev in the Walkabout Boro game well oiled legend

I met Paul Bodin several times at my parents front door.
    When he was playing for Bath City he had a part time job with a life insurance company and went around collecting payments

Mates with Steve Derrett, been to Blackpool on lads’ trips with him many a time. One story he tells was after playing in a Wales/Italy game, he swapped shirts with an Italian player, his own was soaking wet with sweat, snot, muck & bullets The Italian’s was bone dry, clean and he had a vest on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    When he was playing for Bath City he had a part time job with a life insurance company and went around collecting payments

I’ve seen loads over the years , but of the current crop, I see Alex Smithies a lot , he is a lovely man and very polite. I think he’s a Huddersfield fan, so he must have had mixed emotions on Saturday

Don Murray in The Maltings, Canton in the late 80's.

Bobby Brown in the White Hart, St Mellon's.

Carl Dale in a travel agency in town.

Leo FW outside the old Western Mail offices. Had a good chat to him. Lovely bloke.

David Giles and his wife in the Castle Grounds. My dad used to work with his old man on the Council so started the conversation. Went from family to football to holidays. Talking to him for over 20 minutes. A really nice approachable and friendly guy.

Saw Kav with wife and very young family in town.

My friend/neighbour knocked on our door in Llanrumney carrying her newborn baby boy. She came in for a cuppa and a chat and I held the baby in my arms. He was Lee Baddeley.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    6 inch studs
    did you mean to type that in the google searchbar?

Was on a cruise a few years back.
    Keith Pontin was on there with his Wife and another couple.
    Lovely guy.

We shared a cable cart in Madeira.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    It was a polite request for a young lad, didn't moan when it was a no and moved on, but found it peculiar that the reason was he was.injured or something and shouldn't be out etc and there were middle aged men craning their necks to get in videos of him (having not asked) wasn't sure what difference it would have made.

Yes he is tiny

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He used to live two doors away from me in Llanrumney. I remember taking him down to a Wales v England game when he was a nipper back in the seventies

About a year or so before he left City I saw Peter Whittingham going into the Tesco in Penarth town.

For some weird reason I recall him wearing flip flops.