+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Do you want Steve Morison to be our manager until the end of the season?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 73.13%
  • No

18 26.87%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

He deserves a shot at least.

Re: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

We shouldn't be looking for anybody else.
    Give him the job i believe he will do well.

Re: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

Of course he does

Draw , Loss , Win

Give him till the end of the season , see how the land lies

There is no certainty that a new face will turn things around

I would offer it to him until the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    He deserves a shot at least.
    What happens if he loses the next four games?

I said last week that eight games would be time to see how he does with the team and results, I am still of the same opinion.

A fantastic win today but let's not kid ourselves, they hit the post twice at 1 nil and had one gone in the knives would have been out.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We shouldn't be looking for anybody else.
    Give him the job i believe he will do well.
    Stan Sweetheart we agree for a change lol!
    Blakey is with us on this one too 👍

I want him to be manager for the time being. Let's see where it goes. If the day comes where another team comes in for him, we'll talk. I like what I see so far though. Kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Of course he does

Draw , Loss , Win

Give him till the end of the season , see how the land lies

There is no certainty that a new face will turn things around
    We've got basically a crap squad and an owner who tells us he's not funding any new signings; who on Earth could do more than Steve Morison in the circumstances? In any case I want to see Zimba get to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    What happens if he loses the next four games?

I said last week that eight games would be time to see how he does with the team and results, I am still of the same opinion.

A fantastic win today but let's not kid ourselves, they hit the post twice at 1 nil and had one gone in the knives would have been out.
    MM did alright in his first 8 games, I won't judge Morison on 8 games results I'd be looking at how things are improving on the pitch etc.

P.s what shrug smiley is way over used on this board, its so passive aggressive.

Why not. Ideally we'd be able to appoint someone like Wilder or look at a younger manager like Lowe at Plymouth but money is a stumbling block. I worry the club ends up giving Hughton or Pulis a job and I really don't want that so Morison until May is ideal. He's clearly a bit more forward thinking than Mick was, we aren't perfect but at least we are trying to pass the ball. let's see what he can do with more time in training

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Why not. Ideally we'd be able to appoint someone like Wilder or look at a younger manager like Lowe at Plymouth but money is a stumbling block. I worry the club ends up giving Hughton or Pulis a job and I really don't want that so Morison until May is ideal. He's clearly a bit more forward thinking than Mick was, we aren't perfect but at least we are trying to pass the ball. let's see what he can do with more time in training
    Agreed.

I can't vote on mobile unless I switch to full site..so I'm.down as a plus one in the Morison voting

He may not be the long term answer but he's doing nothing yet to show he shouldn't be given a little run at it.

Whoever becomes manager, give them a contract until the end of next season or longer, I don’t understand this keep him until January or the end of season stuff, we need some continuity.

Ye definitely

Don't give it to Warnock, will be a massive backwards step

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Whoever becomes manager, give them a contract until the end of next season or longer, I don’t understand this keep him until January or the end of season stuff, we need some continuity.
    Yeah, we'd really like you to join our club and take us in a new direction. How does 6 months sound? Are the people asking for this completely mad? It would be no way to run a Professional football club. They'll be asking for Wilder on a zero hour next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, we'd really like you to join our club and take us in a new direction. How does 6 months sound? Are the people asking for this completely mad? It would be no way to run a Professional football club. They'll be asking for Wilder on a zero hour next.
    Survival first then we can talk about new directions. We've been burnt by long contracts with our past two managers, neither Mick or Harris deserved such long deals and now we're stuck paying them off.

Morison has only managed 3 senior games in his life, giving him a long term deal is too risky for me which is why I'd rather see him on short-term contract. if he steers us away from the bottom 3 then absolutely give him a long deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Survival first then we can talk about new directions. We've been burnt by long contracts with our past two managers, neither Mick or Harris deserved such long deals and now we're stuck paying them off.

Morison has only managed 3 senior games in his life, giving him a long term deal is too risky for me which is why I'd rather see him on short-term contract. if he steers us away from the bottom 3 then absolutely give him a long deal.
    I'm on the fence concerning Morison, firmly on the the fence as well. We've been burnt because the three amigos didn't do their due diligence concerning managerial appointments, and that includes Warnocks appointment in my opinion. It's not the fault of Harris, Mick etc, it's those that appoint them. We've been burnt by piss poor management rather than the length of contract.

I'm on the fence concerning Morison, firmly on the the fence as well. We've been burnt because the three amigos didn't do their due diligence concerning managerial appointments, and that includes Warnocks appointment in my opinion. It's not the fault of Harris, Mick etc, it's those that appoint them. We've been burnt by piss poor management rather than the length of contract.
    People who sit on the fence tend to get a pain in the arse.

Football management or management of the club ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We need to stay in the division.

If Morison has done reasonably well cum January then yes perhaps he should be offered the position.
    If he does not then we will need a change, anyone who can hopefully make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Football management or management of the club ?
    Management of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    People who sit on the fence tend to get a pain in the arse.
    I've had my arse removed so no such problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    MM did alright in his first 8 games, I won't judge Morison on 8 games results I'd be looking at how things are improving on the pitch etc.

P.s what shrug smiley is way over used on this board, its so passive aggressive.
    Well it wasn't meant to come across being passive aggressive.
    It all depends who is using it and what is being said.

By the way Demb, the game and this thread was really enjoyable today.
    It might just be a coincidence that you were asleep through it

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well it wasn't meant to come across being passive aggressive.
    It all depends who is using it and what is being said.

By the way Demb, the game and this thread was really enjoyable today.
    It might just be a coincidence that you were asleep through it

Wasn't a dig at you, just a general comment t on the smiley. I find it is used a.lotnof the time when it's not needed etc and changes the tone of the post. Might be the only one and others may not think the same

No

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No
    Why not?