+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Do you want Steve Morison to be our manager until the end of the season?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 73.13%
  • No

18 26.87%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

Re: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

Yes and well done everyone today shit weather , shit traffic , underwelming game , great substitution, Evans is some prospect , Morison did well today under huge pressure.

Pleased for him and the youngster's.

Re: Do you want Steve Morison to be given a managerial contract until the end of the season?

I don't think it's fair to offer it to Steve Morison if there's no financial support. It won't go well for a new, inexperienced, championship manager and it won't be his fault. If people really want him then yes but it has to be with the caveat of two years and that we're very likely to end up in L1 next season. Again, that wouldn't be his fault if there's no money.

I'd rather see him stay with the U23s until the time is right and prioritise staying in the The Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Why not?
    Because I think he is a rabbit in the headlights

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes and well done everyone today shit weather , shit traffic , underwelming game , great substitution, Evans is some prospect , Morison did well today under huge pressure.

Pleased for him and the youngster's.
    He's fab! Loved his work rate on Wednesday night. Didn't get there today as I had a flu jab a few days ago and I'm too rough. A great win that I didn't get to see . Typical!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He's fab! Loved his work rate on Wednesday night. Didn't get there today as I had a flu jab a few days ago and I'm too rough. A great win that I didn't get to see . Typical!
    What impressed me was his strength for such a young lad great balance , positive attitude, able to break the line and make a difference , I'd say he's a bigger prospect than Colwill, we are blessed with some great talent at the moment.

Evans didn't play today!

I think we're playing better football from what I've seen but I still have concerns about our defence. If he is to be appointed, he needs an experienced head with him to sort out our back 4/5/6/22.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Evans didn't play today!
    He probably means Davies

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What impressed me was his strength for such a young lad great balance , positive attitude, able to break the line and make a difference , I'd say he's a bigger prospect than Colwill, we are blessed with some great talent at the moment.
    Don't be daft they'll all he at Solihull Moors in 3 years time

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Evans didn't play today!
    I'd take a shot in the dark and say they are talking about Wednesday then.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    He probably means Davies
    OK. Well I didn't go today or listen to it just rocked and dribbled with man flu until the evening. So, yes, LOM must mean Isaak Davies then. I need to lay down now,

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'd take a shot in the dark and say they are talking about Wednesday then.
    Ignore anything I type. I'm delirious!

Ignore anything I type. I'm delirious!
    I'd advise ignoring my posts all the time

I'd advise ignoring my posts all the time

MM did alright in his first 8 games, I won't judge Morison on 8 games results I'd be looking at how things are improving on the pitch etc.

P.s what shrug smiley is way over used on this board, its so passive aggressive.
    How can an emoticon be passive aggressive?!

Oh dear, oh dear…..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Oh dear, oh dear…..

Depends what the alternative is.

I'd say yes give him the job if the alternative is some of the style of football we've witnessed under Slade, Warnock, Harris or McCarthy. McCarthy's was without doubt the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Oh dear, oh dear…..
    It's an emoji.

Emoticons you use the keyboard to create different types of facial expressions :) :( ;)

It's an emoji.

Emoticons you use the keyboard to create different types of facial expressions :) :( ;)
    Ffs

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Ffs
    Hey, I didn't write it.

emoticon
    /ɪˈməʊtɪkɒn,ɪˈmɒtɪkɒn/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a representation of a facial expression such as a smile or frown, formed by various combinations of keyboard characters and used to convey the writer's feelings or intended tone.
    "flag your jokes with emoticons, such as a smiley face , to avoid misunderstandings"

Let’s be honest after today’s win the board are lining up a new six year contract for him.
    Best to get the deal done as Man Utd are
    Rumoured to be lining him up to replace solesjkaer

I wouldn’t give him the job until the end of the season ( the maximum he should be entitled to before bringing in someone for long term ) but whilst we are going in the right direction I would say a rolling end of month.

Yes from me.

I like what I've seen in these three games and from what I've read about training. I also think the players are more motivated now than they were under MM. I think it's quite obvious.

I voted No.

Steve has done a fantastic job at stopping the rot and changing the style of play.

But his greatest achievement to date is the overhaul of the under 23's who play winning attractive football.

I believe at this moment in time it is better to keep him developing our future youth players rather than him getting the 1st team job and getting sacked within a year (you cannot turn a super tanker on a six pence) if things don't go our way.

I would be happy just to stay up at the end of this season. We are not the only club cost cutting and some of our out of contract players I believe will sign significantly reduced contracts as they won't get anywhere near what they are on here or anywhere else!