+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hands up those who missed the winner yesterday

Hands up those who missed the winner yesterday

It’s never over till the final whistle

Re: Hands up those who missed the winner yesterday

Yep saw it place went nuts, home happy.

I bet there were a fair few who even missed the equaliser!

Always makes me laugh seeing the exodus with minutes to go and no idea of time added on.

I've done it myself (many years ago mind) walking up Sloper Road and hearing the roar.
    Not sure whether to laugh or cry

I stayed till the end. Got absolutely drenched at the front of the Ninian. Well worth it though to see that winner. Quite a few in my row had already disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I stayed till the end. Got absolutely drenched at the front of the Ninian. Well worth it though to see that winner. Quite a few in my row had already disappeared.
    Some years ago we beat Harlepool and Lincoln, I think it was, in the same week with 2 very late goals in each game to win 3-2, and I met a bloke who had left at 2-1 down both times. He justified the second on on the basis that it couldn't possibly happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Some years ago we beat Harlepool and Lincoln, I think it was, in the same week with 2 very late goals in each game to win 3-2, and I met a bloke who had left at 2-1 down both times. He justified the second on on the basis that it couldn't possibly happen again.

I remember those games. I missed both due to work, always regretted not being there for them.
    For me personally, a few years before we played Orient in midweek. We were 1-0 down and it looked like one of those games where we’d never score. Me and my mate decided to leave when it was late in the game. Went to the Clive and told everyone there we lost. Transpired later on we won 2-1. Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Haven’t left a game early since. Lesson learned!

I stayed and so glad I did, euphoria at the end

I usually make a move towards the front of the Canton in extra time with a view to nipping out quick at the final whistle. Suffice to say, it was bedlam when KM scored....including quite a few returners who came back to join in the celebrations. Despite the miserable weather and heavy traffic, it was one of those matches that makes being a City supporter worthwhile. Role on Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I usually make a move towards the front of the Canton in extra time with a view to nipping out quick at the final whistle. Suffice to say, it was bedlam when KM scored....including quite a few returners who came back to join in the celebrations. Despite the miserable weather and heavy traffic, it was one of those matches that makes being a City supporter worthwhile. Role on Preston.
    Did you find my folding umbrella by any chance? It was definitely in my pocket just before Davies crossed the ball...

I'd just got to the last few steps, heard the crowd get excited as Davies skipped past the defender (what was he doing ) and managed to look up as the ball was mid air.

Perfect timing for a change.

Their keeper missed the winner. I know he had no chance with the header but thought he’d been dogshite all game.

I was lucky enough to be in the bar, as a guest of the Welsh Guards, drinking a pint of cider, as the winner went in

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

I think we signed Gavin Gordon on the back of him scoring the two Lincoln goals

Was so wet and cold I went and watched the extra time on the screen in the concourse out of the wind. It's a couple of seconds behind the game, so I heard the roar when we scored just as KM jumped for our winner. I somehow knew he was going to score.

Up for the Preston game, staying with my cousins who are PNE season ticket holders. Please let us win so I can rub their noses in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    Did you find my folding umbrella by any chance? It was definitely in my pocket just before Davies crossed the ball...
    Given the goal celebrations, chances are there were a few false teeth, walking sticks and hair pieces found after the match and the odd child left behind by their parents. Sadly, no brolly. Could have done with one though. Nothing worse than driving home 2 plus hours with rain gradually soaking towards the nether regions.