+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wilder to Boro - Confirmed

Wilder to Boro - Confirmed

Re: Wilder to Boro

Just shows how un prepared our board was in dealing with a manager change.
    It cannot be good that we have an owner in Makaysia, a chairman in France and a CEO who spends his time between Cardiff and London.
    This light touch does not work. We need a more hands on, active hierarchy.

Not sure he was ever in the frame to be fair. No budget here and a far easier commute for him to boro.

You could have titled the thread "it's Wilder"

Then added to Middlesbrough in text box. Would have given people a biut of a tease

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    It cannot be good that we have an owner in Makaysia, a chairman in France and a CEO who spends his time between Cardiff and London.
    Yep. We lost five in a row before the last international break and it was obvious that McCarthy didn't have long left in the job, but five weeks later we still haven't appointed a new manager. What has the board been doing in that time?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Yep. We lost five in a row before the last international break and it was obvious that McCarthy didn't have long left in the job, but five weeks later we still haven't appointed a new manager. What has the board been doing in that time?
    Agreed. They should have at least been having some informal conversations, although having said that, with who? They don't have the football background to know who to speak to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59197939

Does this mean Alan Knill will step down as Wales assistant manager - or do both jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Hope not, he's having enough trouble trying to get back in the team

Boro media says they acted quickly because of competition from other clubs (Ie us). I think the club thought they had Wilder, then Boro (who have money and better players) sounded out Wilder after the Fulham game, and he’s taken that after Boro let Warnock reach his milestone, and gave Wilder 2 weeks to sort the team out.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence Wilder was at the Fulham game, especially if he has taken the Boro job. It’s just a shame we didn’t act a month ago as I think we’d have got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Boro media says they acted quickly because of competition from other clubs (Ie us). I think the club thought they had Wilder, then Boro (who have money and better players) sounded out Wilder after the Fulham game, and he’s taken that after Boro let Warnock reach his milestone, and gave Wilder 2 weeks to sort the team out.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence Wilder was at the Fulham game, especially if he has taken the Boro job. It’s just a shame we didn’t act a month ago as I think we’d have got him.
    I don't know whether our Board had made contact with Wilder, but yesterday Warnock said (if you believe him) that the decision by Boro to replace him was made 3 weeks ago - the Fulham game was on 20 October, so that fits with your theory.

Looks like a nice piece of sleuthing.
    Great work

Exactly what they said they were going to do - which is why Morrison got the job for three games. Why continually beat the club over the head for no reason. If they had appointed someone quickly they would have been accused of rushing it and we wouldn't have seen what level of job Morrison could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He was never going to come here. He always wanted to go to a club who would guarantee him significant funds to upgrade the team to suit him in January. Boro have done that, most Championship clubs are not in a position to do it.

Ironic that we played Middlesbrough a couple of days after the Fulham game.