+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An update would be nice

An update would be nice

Do they have a shortlist yet?
    When are they interviewing?
    Are they still planning to get someone in place before Preston?
    Is Morison in the running / is he going to be asked to be caretaker manager for a bit longer?

Unlikely, I know.

Re: An update would be nice

**** is the place for UpDAtes

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Do they have a shortlist yet?
    When are they interviewing?
    Are they still planning to get someone in place before Preston?
    Is Morison in the running / is he going to be asked to be caretaker manager for a bit longer?

Unlikely, I know.
    It really is poor.

From what Steve Morison has said in a couple of pre/post match interviews he was asked to take charge of the first team and met (Mehmet Dalman?) where he asked for Tom Ramasut to join him, which was agreed.

Apart from that he got 'well done' texts from Dalman, Cho and Tan after the Stoke draw.

Nothing else. He hasn't been spoken to by the Board since he took charge and he only knows the club plan to have a new manager in place by Preston because he read it on a news site.

The Board may be part time and distant, but apart from better communication with the fans you would expect there to be much more regular contact with the acting manager.

I don’t really feel an update is needed to be honest. They have said Morison is in charge for the 3 games so no doubt an appointment will be made and we will be told who when it’s all signed.

Someone's being needy....

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Someone's being needy....

You have to go on the public health wales page at 12pm daily if you want need! Conway figures please, Cardiff figures please etc

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It really is poor.

From what Steve Morison has said in a couple of pre/post match interviews he was asked to take charge of the first team and met (Mehmet Dalman?) where he asked for Tom Ramasut to join him, which was agreed.

Apart from that he got 'well done' texts from Dalman, Cho and Tan after the Stoke draw.

Nothing else. He hasn't been spoken to by the Board since he took charge and he only knows the club plan to have a new manager in place by Preston because he read it on a news site.

The Board may be part time and distant, but apart from better communication with the fans you would expect there to be much more regular contact with the acting manager.
    On this one, I think secrecy is best policy, get the deal done and then announce it.

Yea I'm not sure what they could really say that would mean much without giving away too much.

I'd rather them just do a proper job, interview their shortlist then let everyone know.

Morison may know more than he has let on, and even if he doesn't considering he seems to be an applicant under consideration for the role I'm not sure what more they could have told him.

This board hasn't craved a good update since wanting to know whether or not crowd restrictions would be lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It really is poor.

Last sentence is it in a nutshell

Fans don’t have a right to information like this, but does look a bit shitty the lack of clarity with Morison

I dont think theres an update as I dont think they have a clue what to do.

We dont know who has applied and I dont think paying compensation for someone in a job will be on the cards.

If Flynn and Morison are on the shortlist id say the options on those who have applied isnt great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think theres an update as I dont think they have a clue what to do.

We dont know who has applied and I dont think paying compensation for someone in a job will be on the cards.

If Flynn and Morison are on the shortlist id say the options on those who have applied isnt great.
    don't think they now themselves,just give it to steve save all the hassle with money etc, got nothing to lose,just don't employ another has been on a silly 2 year contract

Flynn being at the game worries me. If he hasn’t been offered the job it’s pretty poor taste when he’s linked with it.